• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Can You Find a Separate Lid for a Gen II Omelet Pan?

2005 catalog):1. Petite Covered Saucepan (1 1/2 qt)2. Small Covered Saucepan (2 qt)3. Casserole (4 qt) with lid4. Large Skillet (10 in) - Dutch oven lid fits Large Skillet, too.5. Dutch Oven (6 qt) with lid6. Stainless Steel Steamer insert fits in small saucepan and casserole7. Family Skillet (12 in) - did not come with lid8. Stir Fry Skillet (12 in) - did not come with lid9. Skillet Lid (for use with Family Skillet or Stir Fry Skillet)
KimmyDarling
I met a woman this weekend who, as soon as she heard I'm a PC consultant (in a group of people, of course), said, "I have a complaint!"

She says that she has two Gen II omelet pans, but only one lid, so she can't cook two omelets at once, because you can't make an omelet without a lid. Her complaint is that "YOU don't SELL the lid separately."

First of all, I've personally never heard of covering an omelet. She said, "you HAVE to cover it. That's what makes it puff up." Whatever. I'll have to tell all of the chefs who have made "omelets to order" for me in fine restaurants, resorts, catered affairs, etc. that they're all doing it wrong! ;)

But what about said lid? Was there a lid that came in a set that covered the saute pan? If so, what are the chances of finding one for her?

Thanks for your help!
Kim

KimmyDarling said:
I met a woman this weekend who, as soon as she heard I'm a PC consultant (in a group of people, of course), said, "I have a complaint!"

There's always ONE in the crowd. LOL

Sorry I cannot help you and I agree, I never cover my omelet.

Send her to the PC outlet and let her shop for the genII before they are gone!!

Sorry - thats not much help probably!!

Saute pans don't usually come with lids. Sauce pans and skillets do, because you need a lid to cover the food in those, but the purpose of a saute pan is to cook the food uncovered and "saute" it! :) (Imagine that, right?!) Here's the definition of "saute" if she doesn't believe you: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sauteI'd challenge her to find a true saute pan with a lid in any store!! It sounds like she really wants a covered skillet.

cathyskitchen said:
Saute pans don't usually come with lids. Sauce pans and skillets do, because you need a lid to cover the food in those, but the purpose of a saute pan is to cook the food uncovered and "saute" it! :) (Imagine that, right?!) Here's the definition of "saute" if she doesn't believe you: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/saute

Yeah, I know- you're right. Unfortunately, this is one of those situations where the customer's perception is her reality. She doesn't think it's a saute pan. It's an omelet pan to her.
http://www.thehealthymom.com/wp-content/plugins/more-smilies/maidacollection/dunno.gif

KimmyDarling said:
Yeah, I know- you're right. Unfortunately, this is one of those situations where the customer's perception is her reality. She doesn't think it's a saute pan. It's an omelet pan to her.
http://www.thehealthymom.com/wp-content/plugins/more-smilies/maidacollection/dunno.gif

Show her the catalog and the terms used to describe them. Show her other companies' catalogs (W-S, etc.) that have the same definition. Show her how our catalogs say to use the Saute pan to make omelets to perfection! Then sell her a skillet with a lid and tell her to have a nice day! :D

cathyskitchen said:
Show her the catalog and the terms used to describe them. Show her other companies' catalogs (W-S, etc.) that have the same definition. Show her how our catalogs say to use the Saute pan to make omelets to perfection! Then sell her a skillet with a lid and tell her to have a nice day! :D

Nah, that's not really the type of solution I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestion, though!:)

Yeah, that's a little 'in your face' - I wasn't really serious. Just bugs me when people think they know our products better than we do. I don't know what you're going to be able to do about her. If she's not going to change her mind on what an "omelet pan" really is, the only thing you can do is tell her "sorry".

We never sold a lid for the saute pan. I checked my old catalogs - doesn't exist.

cathyskitchen said:
We never sold a lid for the saute pan. I checked my old catalogs - doesn't exist.

That's her complaint. It came in a set.

Gen II Cookware Set (from Spring/Summer 2005 catalog - they never changed this set much from what I can remember):petite Covered Saucepan (1 1/2 Qt)
Small Covered Saucepan (2 Qt)
Casserole (4 Qt) with Lid
Large Skillet (10 inch) - Dutch oven lid fits Large Skillet, too.
Dutch Oven (6 Qt) with Lid
Stainless Steel Steamer insert fits in small saucepan and casseroleOpen Stock Gen II:
Family Skillet (12 in) - did not come with lid
Stir Fry Skillet (12 in) - did not come with lid
Skillet Lid (for use with Family Skillet or Stir Fry Skillet)
Square Griddle (10 1/2 in)
Small Saute Pan (no lid)HTH

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/chattycathy35/GenIISmallSautePan.jpgSmall Saute Pan (from outlet)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/chattycathy35/GenIICookware.jpgGen II Set (from outlet)

Yeah, what I've been guessing is that it's the lid for one of the saucepans or the 4 Qt casserole.

She's got to be talking about a lid for something other than the saute pan. The Gen II had rounded bottoms, so they all looked very similar (instead of the squared edges on our skillets and the flared rims on the saute pans in the Exec. and Prof. lines).

cathyskitchen said:
She's got to be talking about a lid for something other than the saute pan. The Gen II had rounded bottoms, so they all looked very similar (instead of the squared edges on our skillets and the flared rims on the saute pans in the Exec. and Prof. lines).

Yes, I knew it wasn't for the pan, specifically, but something in a set that fit it.

I know it's not a lid (and it'll probably tick her off that you even suggest a non-lid), but how about the splatter screen? It would hold in some heat, and would be better than nothing.

chefann said:
I know it's not a lid (and it'll probably tick her off that you even suggest a non-lid), but how about the splatter screen? It would hold in some heat, and would be better than nothing.

Interesting idea, Ann. Thanks for your suggestion. :balloon:

I would explain that it was a lid to the 4 qt stockpot in her set (if that's the right one) and you are impressed that she thought to use it with a saute pan! Then mention that some pieces of Gen II are available on the outlet (the only separate lid is 12" though). Mention that the same set (I think?) is available for $117 if she has a gift to buy, she could give the rest as a gift and keep the lid she need? I've had people that are like that and I am very nice and try to help. Many times, they actually are my biggest orders!

Thanks, Jules. That sounds very close to my plan. I appreciate your feedback!

So if she can't get it from PC, try sending her to this site and maybe this lid will fill her need...http://buyitnow64.stores.yahoo.net/prsihabeslco.html

Who knows, maybe it will work for her. Then she can make fluffy omelets to her hearts content. Whatever floats her boat.

Related to Where Can You Find a Separate Lid for a Gen II Omelet Pan?

1. How do I place an order for Gen II Customer products?

To place an order for Gen II Customer products, you can visit our website and browse through our catalog. Once you have selected the items you would like to purchase, you can add them to your cart and proceed to checkout.

2. Can I return or exchange Gen II Customer products?

Yes, we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all our products, including Gen II Customer items. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

3. Are there any special discounts or promotions for Gen II Customer products?

We often have special promotions and discounts for our customers, including those for Gen II Customer products. You can sign up for our newsletter or follow us on social media to stay updated on any current deals or discounts.

4. How long does it take to receive my Gen II Customer order?

Our standard shipping time for domestic orders is 3-5 business days. However, if you need your Gen II Customer products sooner, we also offer expedited shipping options for an additional fee.

5. Can I purchase Gen II Customer products in bulk for a party or event?

Yes, we offer bulk ordering for our Gen II Customer products. You can contact our customer service team for more information and to place your bulk order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • janetupnorth