• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When is the best time to distribute catalogs during a demo?

I always mention that I like to have a casual show, so feel free to ask questions and chat. I haven't had a problem with people talking or being rude.I hand them out at the beginning....I don't think I could stand to have everyone staring at me for too long....LOL Plus, if they see something they have and love, they can talk about it. I don't mind them talking among themselves.
AJPratt
Silver Member
When do you hand out your catalogs. I always hand them out when I start the demo. I don't know if I could be up there and have everyone staring at me the whole time. How do you do it?

I try to pass them out as the guests arrive. That way they can go ahead and be looking at them as the rest of the guests arrive.

jenniferlynne said:
I try to pass them out as the guests arrive. That way they can go ahead and be looking at them as the rest of the guests arrive.

Yep - me, too. I have been to shows as a guest where the consultant doesn't give out the catty til the end and it always irked me.

I always hand my out as soon as the guests arrive. The guests still talk about the products-some forget something that they have and as soon as they see the picture they remember and start to talk about it. if you aren't handing out the catalog, do you tell the guests "no" when they ask for one? I just don't think I could do that.

It may work for some people, but i don't like the idea....

I always pass my guest books around at the beginning. And I show them the shopping lists so all they have to do is circle what they want and then write it on their order form. With basically a 50-page catalog with almost 500 items to choose from, I want them to look at it!!

I pass them out at the beginning. When I started pc in Sept I had gone to a partylite show and the consultant passed out the catalog and order form at then end and I did not like that. I wanted to be looking at the items/prices while she was doing her demo. I also feel that people are ready to check out faster if they have the catalog/order form with them while the demo is going. That way my night ends quicker too.

I have to agree. I used to hand out the catalogs at the beginning, but then my director wanted us to try handing them out at the end, so I have been doing that lately.

I have mixed feelings. When I handed them out at the beginning of the demo, I actually had some people hold up the catalogs in front of their face and talk to the person beside them from behind the catalog. I found that incredibly rude. But, now that I have been waiting until after the demo to hand them out, like someone said before, everyone just sits and stares at me which makes me nervous. I think I'll be going back to handing them out at the beginning of the demo again.

Our director has been teaching us a new show style - the biggest emphasis is that it is a fun night out - so the catalogs don't go til the end - you want them to enjoy themselves without the sales pressure - it is supposed to increase bookings, etc. Haven't had a lot of opportunity to try it yet, but what she has told us makes sense so far.

I still pass them out at the beginning. My director passes them out at the end. When she starts her demo, she says something like "Im gonna be your LIVE catalog for awhile". It works for her.

I hand everyone folders at the beginning of the show, and I tell them right away to feel free to page through the catalog during the demo, or they can wait until the end. It's usually a mix.

I tried passing them out at the end of the show, but then everyone sat and paged through the catalog while I waited for orders. The shows ended up being too long. PLUS, I like when they see something in the catalog and pipe up with "Oh, I love that", during the demo.

Diane

dianevill said:
I tried passing them out at the end of the show, but then everyone sat and paged through the catalog while I waited for orders. The shows ended up being too long. PLUS, I like when they see something in the catalog and pipe up with "Oh, I love that", during the demo.

Diane

I do mention that I like to have a casual show, so feel free to ask questions and chat. I haven't had a problem with people talking or being rude.

I hand them out at the beginning....I don't think I could stand to have everyone staring at me for too long....LOL Plus, if they see something they have and love, they can talk about it. I don't mind them talking among themselves. Takes the pressure off of me for a while.

When I did the intros at the last show, these ladies were so cool! One said, my favorite item is the cookware and its on page 12.:eek: The next one said, mine's on page x, its the stoneware. Then everyone started to include the page number and everyone was going through the catalog. It was awesome!

Related to When is the best time to distribute catalogs during a demo?

What is the difference between a "Beginning" and "End" catalog?

The "Beginning" catalog is the first catalog of the season and usually features new products and promotions. The "End" catalog is the final catalog of the season and typically includes clearance items and discounts on discontinued products.

When do new catalogs typically come out?

New catalogs are released in the beginning of each season, with the "Beginning" catalog usually coming out in the spring and the "End" catalog coming out in the winter.

Can I order from both the "Beginning" and "End" catalogs at the same time?

Yes, you can order from both catalogs at the same time. However, keep in mind that the "End" catalog may have limited availability on certain products.

Do the products in the "End" catalog go on sale?

Yes, many of the products in the "End" catalog will go on sale as they are being discontinued. This is a great opportunity to get these products at a discounted price.

What happens to my orders from the "End" catalog if the products are no longer available?

If a product from the "End" catalog is no longer available, we will notify you and offer a comparable replacement or a refund for that item.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leannvv
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pattybrady
  • varga11