• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interactive or Regular Demo: Which One is Best for You?

In summary, the expert is torn about whether or not to do an interactive show or stick to the traditional demo. They think that by doing the traditional demo, they can get people working and have a quicker show.
babywings76
Gold Member
Okay guys, I'm torn...

I so want to do a fully, and I mean fully interactive show. But by the time I reach the host's home and greet the guests I chicken out. I will do the demo and ask people to try out the tools, or I've called on people, or I've done the tickets for participation thing, etc. But it never feels that comfortable. I just have a hard time enforcing what I say. My last show I told them we were going to do it together, they washed their hands, and then they all sat down and grabbed their wine. :rolleyes: So, I ended up doing it and asking people at different points to try things out, but I tell ya--I was flustered and embarrassed that I wasn't having them do it like I told them we would. :blushing:

So, I think I am pretty comfortable just doing the regular type demo and just keep thinking maybe I should bag the interactive idea and stick with what ends up being comfortable for me.

I just have been having lack-luster show sales lately and of course have to scrutinize my shows and see what I am doing wrong.

Okay!!! I just started with Pampered Chef....all of my parties so far have been interactive. What I do, I cut the recipe up, fold the pieces and put them in a bowl. Pass the bowl around and they pick what they do. Tonight I am trying something different though. I am putting numbers in front of stuff that can be done at the same time to make things move faster. So all the 1's will be working at the same time. We'll see how it goes :)

By pick I mean they draw....kinda like a "door prize drawing" type of deal.

That's a hard one. I tell them that I used to be a teacher so I am not great at talking in front of grown ups, but I am good at getting people working, so I am going to put them to work. It usually gets a laugh and allows me to be a little bossy too. If someone really doesn't want to help, I don't make them, but I don't let the whole group decide that they aren't doing anything.
I usually move the chairs out of the area (or have the host do it) before guests arrive, so there isn't a place for them to sit where we are doing the demo. I did have a host who was a consultant about 15 yrs ago. I told her we were doing this.... didn't have any chairs. She brought one chair in b/c her neighbor who was 80 was coming.... by the time the guests arrived, there were chairs in a semi circle all around the table. I told them they were working, they washed hands and went straight to chairs... It took a couple of minutes to get everyone going, but once it happened, it was great. They all interacted really well. The elderly neighbor sat and read the recipe.
I don't think any of them ever really want to, but once they do, they really enjoy it, and they book b/c they enjoy it so much. You have to decide that you are going to do it. Make one cut or whatever, and then say ok, If I don't get any help, we are all going home hungry.....

If they are really reluctant I say "I have a prize", that'll get someone up. You can always ask "does anyone have the food chopper? Come show us how to use it".
Something else that I think makes the difference is not to draw it out, get someone started, and then get the next person started. Don't talk about every little tool. Talk about the big ones. They work while you talk.... It is all done much quicker. Show off a little bit and then move on.

I'll never go back to the regular demo. The 1st time I tried it, I was nervous, too. It seemed so weird. At that one, I had them count off by how ever many steps there were in the recipe. Some of the steps had more than one thing to do, so I broke it apart. Then each group came up and did that step, which seemed to work good in case someone didn't want to do anything. I love interacve, and I think my customers like it better, too. My bookings sure have gotten better. :) Now I either give tickets for volunteering or have them choose a tool after they wash their hands that they are interested in.

Sandi

I had a great time last night at my show and the guests all seemed to enjoy it, too. Lots of them afterwords came up and thanked me and said "great job!", that they had a great time and enjoyed my presentation. So I'm definitely feeling better. I did this party the same way I usually do it, and it did go well. I think my last one was bad because I had forgotten my tickets, so the incentive was gone and they weren't in the mood. But I made sure not to forget things this time. It went well. I put the host in charge of giving out the tickets. With every product, I get it started and then ask who wanted to try it out and get a ticket. There was always someone wanting to try and were excited to. The host gave out 2 tickets to people who tried the mandoline. ;) And they LOVED the mandoline! (Didn't sell any, but one of the women who tried it really wanted to. She had just recently bought another brand one and said that ours was definitely better designed and she wished she had ours instead. I suggested she sell hers at a yard sale or to a friend and get ours. :D She liked that idea, but didn't end up getting one. Maybe when she goes home and uses hers, she'll wish for ours again. ;) )So anyway, it went well. It wasn't a complete interactive show with everyone up at the same time and doing different parts to get it done faster, and I'd still like to try that sometime, but I think I'm comfortable with this format.

I poll who's been to a show before, then let them know that I do shows a bit differently than what they are probably used to seeing ... that the "old fashioned" way is for the guests to sit down & watch the consultant do everything. But that's not how I do things. I do the FULLY INTERACTIVE shows, which means that THEY get to do the recipes. This allows them the opportunity to see, touch AND USE the tools. I do my shows this way, because I don't want them to go home and say "Oh my gosh, the consultant made this beautiful cake it was chocolate with sliced strawberries in the middle and strawberries dipped in chocolate laying all around ... it was sooooo good ... but I could never do that." It's my theory that if they can't go home & repeat what they saw at the show ... what was the point of being there? I leave that as an open question and they all start nodding. I then invite them to wash their hands and pick which recipe they want to do.

My goal is to have them posting photos on facebook saying

"OH my gosh! Look at this beautiful cake that we just made at Beth's show!!!"
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/197910_196840933669819_190756324278280_625202_5548427_n.jpg

(Okay, so I took that photo last night at my show ... but I have had guests take photos & post them on FB from the show. That's always fun!!!)

Sheila - what recipe is that?

Love the idea of them posting pictures on fb. Where is the 'like' button when you need it?!!

Sandi

babywings76 said:
I suggested she sell hers at a yard sale or to a friend and get ours. :D She liked that idea, but didn't end up getting one. Maybe when she goes home and uses hers, she'll wish for ours again. ;) ).

Why don't you suggest she host a show in April since she can get the mandoline 60% off, then she'll only pay $24.40. She would probably be willing to put that toward the one she loves, then she's free to sell her other one at a yard sale or give it away.

1. What is the difference between an Interactive and a Regular Demo?

An Interactive Demo is a virtual cooking experience where participants can actively engage with the products and recipes through interactive features such as polls, quizzes, and challenges. A Regular Demo is a more traditional in-person cooking demonstration where participants can watch and sample the dishes being prepared.

2. Which type of Demo is better for hosting a party?

Both types of demos can be great for hosting a party, but it ultimately depends on your preferences. The Interactive Demo is a fun and engaging option for a virtual party, while the Regular Demo allows for a more personal and hands-on experience.

3. Do I need any special equipment or software to participate in an Interactive Demo?

No, all you need is a stable internet connection and a device (such as a computer, tablet, or smartphone) to access the demo. Our interactive features can be easily accessed through any web browser.

4. Can I still purchase products during an Interactive Demo?

Yes, our Interactive Demos have a shopping feature that allows you to purchase products directly from the demo. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant to place an order after the demo.

5. Are there any additional costs for participating in an Interactive Demo?

No, there are no additional costs for participating in an Interactive Demo. It is a free and fun way to learn about our products and try out new recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Deeder
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
SeeMe4PC
  • mom23boys