• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Demo vs Interactive: Exploring the Benefits and Differences | Expert Opinion

In summary, Deb says they offer a choice to their hosts, but most choose demos. She votes both, but usually does a demo with help from the guests. The consultant referred to in the prior paragraph went to Ferial Yan's workshop, "Master Selling" and loved it.

Are your shows a demo or interactive?

• Always Demo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Always Interactive

• I do both kinds

• I don't do either (just decided to throw that one in!)

• Total voters
finley1991
I'm just wondering if you do a demo, interactive show or both?My show averages are pretty low with the interactive and I end up showing so many people how to use the products anyway.I thinking of switching back to demos...Thoughts?

I said both kinds BUT i haven't fully gone to the Full Blown Interactive show....Yet. I do have guests come up and help demo a product but not all.

Tonight was the first time I did an interactive show that I thought went very well. BUT it was only 4 guests and sales are only $282.00 (which is good for 4 people, I know!). We did Becky's chicken fajitas in the DCB and I sold TWO of them for full price!I think interactive with a lot of people gets out of hand very quickly. I am the Jennifer Soto type so I try to keep it on track.I offer my hosts a choice and while most agree that interactive would be fun, it doesn't always work out that way. I've been known to change it up on the spot.

I voted both kinds but I usually do a demo with help from the guests (when I can get them to that is). One of my goals is to get them more involved this year.

Hey Deb, you would never know that you aren't using the interactive at your shows!

I do mostly demo with guests helping. I have only had one show where everyone got in on the action. Then again my business has been down this year, so I haven't had as many chances as usual.

ShanaSmith said:
Hey Deb, you would never know that you aren't using the interactive at your shows!

Thanks Shana! It is easier when your "guests" have to go along with you, though. :)

It has taken me awhile to make the conversion, but finally have my groove with it. I am intentionally asking my guests during checkout for their feedback on the format. It is overwhelmingly positive.

I do a demo at my show. If someone wants to know how something works I let them try it. I am just not willing to try something new. My demos are quick and I am generally happy with my sales (although they could always be more) so I just keep doing demos.

I voted both, but I also do not do the full blown interactive. This does not mean that my guests don't lay a hand on the products. They are all invited throughout the party to try an item.

Ususally, I move my cutting board right to the table where a majority of them are sitting. Then, if I can coax someone to take a hand at what I am doing, they do. It is always encouraged to "play with my toys" or see how wonderfully this knife cuts, etc.

I have one consultant on my team that does nothing but interactive. She made a vow to do more shows, but now boasts at the team meetings that her shows have skyrocketed due to the interacitve shows. So I did my own calculations and her show averages are not any better than they were a year ago. (I did this study over a year and compared when she started doing interactive this year to last year). Her sales are much better but it is because she made the commmittment to do more parties.

She makes guests do interactive. So at Wave one, on stage I happened to see the consultant that sat closest to "Helen Begenerous". I asked her how to get everyone involved...the answer the same...you just make them. (not my style...and I fell into the director catagory at Tony A.'s workshop!!)

The consultant referred to in the prior paragraph went to Ferial Yan's workshop, "Master Selling" and loved it. As a side bar...she did mention to me that Ferial doesn't do the interactive.

So I have decided, that I am going to quit beating myself up over the interactive. I my humble opinion, I do think that people have even more limited funds than ever before. They have never been bashful if they really want to try something.

If I did want to push interactive I would change something. I would put chairs around the table I was going to have them work at. People are tired when they come to a party. They want to relax in addition to having fun and enjoying food! I feel that unless you have everyone's attention, they are only going to be familiar with the product they choose to work with.

I must admit, that I feel guilted into doing interactive shows and before I just sat in the corner and felt like I was a bad sheep because I didn't try hard enough to push people into it. I am now feeling stronger that we should be encouraged to do either show. My spring sales have been the worst in the 8 years in PC. For me, my shows are not broken and I should not feel that I should be pushed into doing one show over the other. In some way, this feeling of guilt has added to my negativity.

So that's my story and I am sticking to it!!:party:

I offer both and explain each one. I have alot of hosts who still want the traditional demo. Then there are others who have been to so many shows they'd like something different. I also offer Espress shows.

I pretty much only do the interactive show now. As soon as I hear the first 'you mean we gotta work' comment, I tell them "Oh no, we're not going to work, we're going to play. You can't go to W-S and play with the toys, but you can here and that's what we're going to do: play." I used to feel like apologizing when someone grumbled, now I just stick to the line about playing. It seems to make people not take themselves so seriously.
During check-out this past month, I asked every customer what they thought of the format and whether they prefer the old format. So far, everyone has said they like the interactive better.
I also like it because it is forcing me to be more organized at my shows. I'm still all over the place (my personality), but I'm finally getting a full show done within a decent timeframe. Since the guests are standing, I don't want to tire them . I want them to be excited about the catalog when they sit down, not be worn out.

I like your approach! That would make me feel better about the grumbling.

Related to Demo vs Interactive: Exploring the Benefits and Differences | Expert Opinion

What is the difference between a demo and interactive experience?

A demo is a presentation where a product or service is showcased to a group of people. It is usually a one-way communication where the presenter shows the features and benefits of the product. On the other hand, an interactive experience allows the audience to actively engage with the product or service, providing them with a hands-on, immersive experience.

What are the benefits of a demo?

A demo is a great way to introduce a product or service to a large group of people. It allows the presenter to showcase the features and benefits of the product in a controlled environment. It is also a cost-effective way to reach a wide audience and generate interest in the product or service.

What are the benefits of an interactive experience?

An interactive experience allows the audience to actively engage with the product or service, providing a more personalized and memorable experience. It also allows for instant feedback and a deeper understanding of the product, leading to better sales and customer satisfaction.

Which is better for promoting a product or service?

Both demos and interactive experiences have their own benefits and can be effective in promoting a product or service. It ultimately depends on the goal and target audience. A demo may be more suitable for a larger audience, while an interactive experience may be better for a more targeted and personalized approach.

How can I incorporate both into my marketing strategy?

There are various ways to incorporate both demos and interactive experiences into a marketing strategy. For example, a demo can be used to introduce the product or service, followed by an interactive experience to allow the audience to try it out for themselves. It is important to consider the target audience and the goals of the marketing strategy to determine the best approach.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
bethsbiz
  • pamperedgirl3