• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Make for My Mystery Host Show to Make It a Success?

I had my open house last year on a Sunday afternoon & mostly family showed up & one other past host. That was IT. So I'm thinking of changing it this year to a Thursday evening & making it an actual show with a start time.
pamperedgirl3
I'm thinking that this year instead of having an open house (mine was a flop last year) that I will have a mystery host show instead. I'm planning it for November 30 from 7-8:30. I will have most of the food already done and gift ideas set up like an open house. But I wanted to do a short demo. I was thinking of one that involves guest interaction. I was thinking of doing a recipe that involved no bake/cook time, but used several different products. I thought I'd put one picture of each product I use in my lap boards & calling up the person with that picture to do that part of the demo. But I don't know what recipe to make. I was thinking maybe a dessert pizza b/c of no bake time, but I wanted something for the holidays too.

Any ideas???? Also, any ideas to make this well attended? I'm going to send an email to everyone in my address book (customers & friends/family), as well as call as many people as I can before the show. I'm also going to send invites by mail to my hosts & preferred customers that I don't have email for. TIA!!

pamperedgirl3 said:
Any ideas???? Also, any ideas to make this well attended?

Anyone????

I did a really great attendence mystery host. But I handed out tickets for the host drawing. THe more tickets you got, the better chance to be the Mystery host. 1 ticket for being on time, 1 ticket for bringing a friend, 2 tickets for a $50 or more order (then I talked them into $10 more by mentioning the guest special that they'd get for free!) Also, you can split up the mystery host benefits. Have a drawing for the 10% card (that's whose name the show will be in), the free product, the 1/2 priced things and then one who gets the discount. It works out great too! More people get to be part of the fun then!

You can even give out tickets for anyone wearing a certain color or if anyone brings an outside order with them. Then you draw for the mystery host AFTER the orders are put in. I also do a squareboard at mine which is 30 squares ($2) each. That can be anyone.....present or not (I tried to sell most of those before the show to make sure I had at least $60 beforehand. But sold the rest out at the show. Then you'll have a $60 winner who will get the guest special for free also! I prepared one recipe at the show and had about 4 others already prepared. It was fun! This year, I plan to do an open house with drawings every 1/2 hour. I'm hoping that will entice people to come...plus I will be having people buy tickets for higher priced items that I want to get rid of. (that will help with my costs of the food) Just like $1 or $2 tickets for some items. Then they can put them in the box by the item that they want. I think I bought season's best books for anyone who brought a friend. Or you can give that to a person that places a $30 order or more....however you'd like.

Last edited:
Thanks! Great ideas! I was planning on using tickets. I had my open house last year on a Sunday afternoon & mostly family showed up & one other past host. That was IT. So I'm thinking of changing it this year to a Thursday evening & making it an actual show with a start time.

Anyone have good recipe ideas? I'm thinking of mostly appetizer type things--hot pizza dip, etc. I also think I'll make up a table decorated for the holidays--cranberry plates, dessert plate on top, etc., like they have in the mini catalog. I would love to promote December holiday shows, but if I do it on the 30th of Nov., it will be hard to get many bookings that close in. But when else could I do it? Thanksgiving is on the best week for it. Maybe do it on the 22nd? Do you think many people would come to a show if they have Thanksgiving the next day? Of course, they wouldn't have to work. Hmm. So much to think about!

I havent tried the mystery host thing yet, but I have done this...works out pretty good for me.

Attachments

• You are invited to my.doc
    106.5 KB · Views: 374
This worked for for me...
pamperedgirl3 said:
Thanks! Great ideas! I was planning on using tickets. I had my open house last year on a Sunday afternoon & mostly family showed up & one other past host. That was IT. So I'm thinking of changing it this year to a Thursday evening & making it an actual show with a start time.

Anyone have good recipe ideas? I'm thinking of mostly appetizer type things--hot pizza dip, etc. I also think I'll make up a table decorated for the holidays--cranberry plates, dessert plate on top, etc., like they have in the mini catalog. I would love to promote December holiday shows, but if I do it on the 30th of Nov., it will be hard to get many bookings that close in. But when else could I do it? Thanksgiving is on the best week for it. Maybe do it on the 22nd? Do you think many people would come to a show if they have Thanksgiving the next day? Of course, they wouldn't have to work. Hmm. So much to think about!

Here is my Host appreciation (mystery host) ticket idea. It worked ok for me. I find that when people think they are going to win something... :D

Also, I know you wanted a no-bake recipe; so here are great oreo bites (can be made ahead or finished in front of guests & think about the spinach diamond puffs. Lots of food, really easy to make, short time in the oven & YUMMY!
Hope these ideas help!
Good luck!

Attachments

• OREO BITES.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 356
  • Spinach Diamond Puffs.doc
    25 KB · Views: 224
  • sheet hostess appreciation gailey.doc
    127.5 KB · Views: 392
thechefofnorthbend said:
I havent tried the mystery host thing yet, but I have done this...works out pretty good for me.

It said that the products would be shipped directly to them & an addtl $4. Is that on top of the $4 show shipping? Are you going to pay anything above that yourself? So you just take orders for 3 hours & that's it??? Cool!

chefkeri said:
Here is my Host appreciation (mystery host) ticket idea. It worked ok for me. I find that when people think they are going to win something... :D

Also, I know you wanted a no-bake recipe; so here are great oreo bites (can be made ahead or finished in front of guests & think about the spinach diamond puffs. Lots of food, really easy to make, short time in the oven & YUMMY!
Hope these ideas help!
Good luck!

Thanks! Both of those recipes look yummy!

Thanks for the recipes!!!!! And the flyer!

GO GET 'EM LADIES! Don't forget to register your 6 January show in early December! Check CC for details. :)

Related to What Should I Make for My Mystery Host Show to Make It a Success?

1. What is a Mystery Host Show?

A Mystery Host Show is a type of party where the hostess's identity is kept secret until the end of the party. Guests who make a purchase are entered into a drawing to win the hostess rewards, which can include free products and discounts.

2. How can I increase the chances of winning as the Mystery Host?

The best way to increase your chances of winning as the Mystery Host is to invite as many guests as possible and encourage them to make a purchase. The more guests and sales, the more entries you will have in the drawing.

3. Can I still earn hostess rewards as the Mystery Host?

Yes, you can still earn hostess rewards as the Mystery Host. Any sales made through your party, including your own purchases, will count towards your hostess rewards. If you win the drawing, you will receive the rewards in addition to any rewards earned through sales.

4. What types of prizes can I expect as the Mystery Host?

The prizes for the Mystery Host will vary depending on the total sales of the party. They can range from free products, discounts, and even exclusive hostess-only items. The more sales, the larger the prizes will be.

5. How will I know if I am the Mystery Host?

The winner of the Mystery Host drawing will be announced at the end of the party. If you are the winner, the consultant will contact you to let you know and arrange for you to receive your prizes. You can also check with the consultant after the party to see if you were the lucky winner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies