• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Dealing With the Request for Multiple Recipes

say, making her a chocolate cake, I would need to do it at my house, and I would need to be there for several hours so that I could demo it and answer any questions.
chefkathy
So I have a show next Friday and the hosts are being a little bit difficult. It requires some back story.

I did a show in Sept for Jenni and made the 10 min pork tenderloin. Then in March I get an email from a guest at that show (Dana) saying her sister is getting married and they want to do a show for her and we MUST make the pork tenderloin because she's been raving about it to everyone.

So we scheduled the show in April and Dana hosted a show in honor of her sister. It wasn't a bridal show--we just did it as a regular show and then Ryan (the sister) was given the majority of the host benefits. I was trying to make it a special occassion and I also knew Dana from around town (we went to the same gym). She had 15+ people there so we made the Strawberry Cream Trifle with those who came early and then the pork tenderloin salad as the main demo. That was it.

Apparently there was some disagreements amongst the sisters and this is where sister #3, Kelley, comes in. Dana tells me that Kelley will book a party from hers and will do it the same way (give Ryan the benefits). Kelley came late to the party at Dana's and was just a sourpuss--she just seems to be one of those people who are crabby all the time.

Party #2 is being co-hosted by Kelley and her mom and is being held at mom's house. Kelley gave me the guest list and that is all good and then I was supposed to talk to mom about recipes. Well, since I was asked to present a cooking show at conference and was assigned to make the Greek Cheese Torta, I am telling all my June hosts that is what I'd like to make (so I can get some practice).

I called mom yesterday and talked to her, agreed on the Torta and also agreed on the Red White and Blueberry Trifle as our "early prep" recipe. I explained to her that I can't demo more than one because of the time and fun factor. They have 20ish people coming and I will NOT go interactive with this--it just gets too out of control for me. Anyway, I was trying to figure out how to get the ingredient list to mom since she doesn't have email and it came up that she is going to have Kelley shop for ingredients anyway, so I will email it to her.

A few hours later my phone rings and it's Kelley. They don't want the Torta. :confused::confused: She said when they used to do PC shows they had a list of recipes to choose from, blah blah blah. So I shared our theme shows with her and she about poo-poo'd every one. Surprise surprise.

Later that night I emailed her and suggested Aloha Pizza because it is good and it was one I hadn't mentioned before. This is her response: "Ok...we're going to stick with the strata. My mom
would like to have another appetizer, and if the Aloha
Pizza is or can be considered and appetizer, I think
that would work fine. She would like to still do a
dessert also...what else is available in the chocolate
section besides the choc. cake w/strawberries?"

HELLO?!?!?! I'm not doing a THIRD recipe!! Are these people crazy? And even the Aloha pizza is a bit much as a "pre" recipe.

What have I gotten myself into???? I suggested the Trifle as a dessert because i know they have a large crowd coming and it will feed everyone. Now they want chocolate????

I know they will have lots of other food and aren't expecting me to provide it all, but I need to figure out how to draw the line. Give me words!!!!

Deb,

Sounds like these folks have put you in a real pickle! What I tell hosts is that I would be more than happy to provide them with the recipes for things other than the one we agreed as demo. Then, if they want to have it at their party, they can make it themselves! So far, noone has pooh-poohed it because I, as it sounds like you have, explain that I would have to be at their home for a considerably longer period of time. I've even taken it to the point with a host that I told her (she wasn't a jerk about it, just inquisitive as to why), that I chose this business b/c I am able to tailor it around my family's needs. If I were to agree to multiple recipes, I'd be setting myself up to spend way more time at hosts' houses than I bargained for. Hope that helps!! Keep us posted! :)

Thanks Emily, that helps.

I say something similar to that too. If I have a host that tells me that her past consultant let her choose the recipe I just explain that the beauty of owning my own business is that I can decide how I run. it. I do it this way and this is why it works for me.

I do the same recipe all month, even if my host doesn't like the recipe, I don't change. I tell her that this is a great time to try something new, maybe she will like it. She is not stuck with an entire recipe that her family won't eat, everyone gets a sample.

Sounds like she wants you to be her caterer!

Michelle

Dear Host,Thank you for reaching out to me regarding the upcoming show. I understand that there may have been some disagreements among the sisters, but I am here to help make this show a fun and memorable experience for everyone involved.I appreciate your enthusiasm for the pork tenderloin and I am glad that it was a hit at the previous show. However, as a consultant, I have a variety of recipes to choose from and I like to mix it up for each show to keep things fresh and exciting. I also have to consider the time and fun factor, as you mentioned. Therefore, I have chosen the Greek Cheese Torta and Red White and Blueberry Trifle as our recipes for this show.I understand that you have requested the Aloha Pizza as an additional appetizer, but I must kindly decline. Adding a third recipe would not only be time-consuming, but it may also take away from the enjoyment of the other two recipes. I want to ensure that everyone has a chance to participate and learn during the demonstration.As for the request for a chocolate dessert, I recommend our Chocolate Raspberry Torte or Chocolate Lava Cake. Both are delicious and easy to make. However, I must stress that we stick to the two agreed upon recipes for this show.I want to make this a successful and stress-free experience for you and your guests. I hope you understand my reasoning and I look forward to seeing you all at the show. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.Sincerely,Pampered Chef Consultant

1. How do I handle a request for multiple recipes from a customer?

When a customer asks for multiple recipes, the best approach is to provide a variety of options. You can either create a custom recipe collection based on their preferences or suggest a few popular recipes that align with their dietary restrictions or preferences.

2. What if the customer wants recipes with specific ingredients?

If the customer has specific ingredients in mind, you can search our database for recipes that include those ingredients. Alternatively, you can offer substitutions or variations of popular recipes that align with their ingredient preferences.

3. Can I provide recipes from other sources?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, we recommend using our recipes as they are tested and designed specifically for our products. However, if the customer is looking for a specific recipe from another source, you can provide them with the link or suggest a similar recipe from our collection.

4. How do I handle requests for recipes that are not in our current collection?

If a customer requests a recipe that is not currently in our collection, you can offer to research and test the recipe using our products to ensure its effectiveness. If it meets our standards and is approved, it can be added to our recipe collection for future use.

5. What if the customer wants recipes for a specific occasion or event?

In this case, you can offer a variety of recipes that are suitable for the occasion or event. You can also suggest party menus or themed recipes that align with the customer's preferences and dietary restrictions. Additionally, you can offer to create a custom recipe collection for the customer based on their specific needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • DebPC