• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Demos: Can a $2K Pampered Chef Show Succeed?

In summary, a past consultant said she NEVER did a demo at any of her shows and had several $2000 shows! She said she would just bring a recipe with her and or cook something with the host before hand. Then she would just have a table set up with all her products on it. Some hosts have said that they love the flexibility. There have been several threads about this recently.
nickywsn
I know this has been discussed on here before, but after talking to a customer last night I am really undecided. She is a past consultant and she said she NEVER did a demo at any of her shows and had several $2000 shows! She said she would just bring a recipe with her and or cook something with the host before hand. Then she would just have a table set up with all her products on it. She said she had so many people begging her not to "torture" them with a demo since so many of her friends had been to several shows over the years. She said this made people comfortable to just come and go as they please. She said she didn't demo not one singe tool, but just answered questions they had. I was wondering what my fellow cheffers thought about this and had anyone tried it or had any success with this type of show?

By the way, she is now a past consultant because she has 3 kids and her DH works overseas and is gone for long periods of time.

Depending on the crowd, sometimes my demo is sort of quietly being done in the kitchen....if guests want to watch and pay attention, they can....and others can chat or whatever! Some hosts have said that they love the flexibility.

There have been several threads about this recently.

I have done a couple shows now with the recipe made in advance, then we did intros by everyone saying their name, how they know the host, and their favorite PC product. They couldn't say the Citrus Peeler, QK Knife, or Mini Serving Spatula as everyone loves those and there could be no repeats.

I asked each guest three questions about their favorite--is it easy to use, easy to clean, and would you recommend it to your friends? We also looked at each item in the catalog, which gave me opportunities for cross selling and upselling.

One show was almost $800 and the other was $1000.

But the key to big shows is not demo or no demo, it is ATTENDANCE and OUTSIDE ORDERS so I would focus your host coaching on that. The recipe is SOOOOOOO secondary.

I have lots of guests who want to use the products themselves at the demo ... and I encourage that so I think they would be disappointed to not be able to use them... however if they have been to a few shows in a row... I can see that the change would be good... interesting topic!

I've had a lot of success with my walk through the catalog approach. I still consider it a demo, though, since I'm talking and explaining things to the crowd. It sounds like she did more of an open house. I've got one scheduled for later this month. I think they work really well for a crowd that (a) is very familiar with PC products and (b) is espcially busy. I know that my open house host felt that it would be easier for her to get her friends to drop by for a few minutes than to commit to an hour or two for a regular party.

Well, I had been a faithful demo consultant for the last few years. I went to a training a few weeks back and the consultant did not demo a thing!

I tried it at my last few shows, and LOVE it! I made everything up either ahead of time, or had it all ready to go when the guests arrived. It gave me more time to give my undivided attention and chat at their sides rather than from a demo table.
The recipes that I have been doing that allow me to not really demo anything are the 30 minute chicken and either the pineapple upside down cake in the skillet or the turtle fudge skillet cake. (the latter requires just a few products to demo to chop the chocolate, and melt in micro cooker.)
My bookings have gone up considerably as well. I usually walk away with one or two bookings, and my last show there were just 9 guests with 4 bookings and a recruit lead.

NOt only am I able to hang more with the guests, but also, no dirty dishes to bring home! Yeah!

I love the no dirty dishes idea!! For my weekend shows, this could work!! BUT...during the week I usually go straight form work to the party...and won't have time to make 1-2 recipes, unless I do them when I get to the host's house...

I really am considering this NO demo approach! The more and more I hear about it, I have just got to try it. I do the walk through the catalog, but that is usually after my demo, and my whole talk time is way too long!! I want to get in and out quicker! I have a show on the 14th, and I am going to try this!! Can't wait!!

I am doing a show for a friend at the end of this month and I'm going to try this out at her show. I can't wait!

Do any of you have a script that you use for the walk throughs? I'm new to PC but my first few shows are with hosts and guests that have been having parties for years. I think the non demo approach might be what they like better at this point in time.

This could also help me to cut down on the amount of products that I bring to shows!!!

I h ave done a no demo show before only becasue I couldnt' get the pizza dough to rise... it was one of my best shows.... I like the demo .. and I also like the know demo thing... depending on the host is what I typically do.. it makes the shows that much more fun becasue guest do not know what to expect from me.

I recently have booked 2 shows with people who were referred to me - because they wanted to have a PC show, but the consultant they knew does a "no demo" show, and they wanted a demo! So I guess it depends on the host. I know alot of people have great success w/o a demo, but for me, PC is not just a job, it is my hobby also....and part of what I love best about it is doing the demo, and teaching people how to actually make a recipe using tools they might not have thought of using - and using that as a springboard to think of all the other uses they may have for those tools. I think that for me, the demo is one of my strengths - I often have comments from guests about how they always learn something new during my demo, so it's always fun to come to my shows....

When I think about it - that's why The Food Network is so popular - people love to watch a fun informative cooking demo - one that makes them think "Hey, maybe I could do that if I had those tools."

So - although I know there is success w/ the "no demo" type show - I'm committed (for now at least!;) ) to my Demo Show - I love doing it, and it works for me & my customers.
The great thing about PC is that there is no ONE way to do this business - you can find what works for you and run with it!

My last 2 shows have been mostly no demo and guests have really liked it.

I have brought the recipe allready done (I'm doing all trifles this month) then either finish it off or a small demo. I love to show the UM even If I do not need it. I use an apple with the wavy blade (lot's of oohs and ahhs) then sprinkle with cin&sugar viola..... fat free apple pie! This is always a big hit. I also think I will start doing the garlic pull aparts with my salads. I really need to show off cookware more.

any way....thats my .02$

:D

After I had read about not doing a demo, I was talking to my next host, and she was concerned that her upstairs was not very big, but had lots of room in her basement, but this concerned her that it was so far from the kitchen, so I suggested doing the trifle ahead of time and we could just walk through the catalog she thought that was the best idea she had ever heard of, she didn't know you could do it like that.

I think it definitely depends on the host & audience...

"Same difference" as some hosts prefer a cooking show vs. just a catty!

To Demo or Not to Demo...that is the Question....I have tried it both ways. I really think it depends on your own personality and style and what you are comfortable with. After trying the no-demo a few times I have gone back to doing a demo, It just suits me better. I am always worried about keeping people's interest (I know I went to a few shows before I joined and some of the consultants were really BORING!) For me, I can tell that the guests are more interactive when I actually use the tools and show them a recipe (like Becky said, it's the Food Network thing.....my guests always tell me they think I'm a blonde Rachel Ray!). I pick recipes that show lots of tools and have little or no baking time. I try to have most of the prep done ahead of time and just demo a small portion of the ingredient. I usually have guests who want to try-out something so I have them come help me as well (that really gets them excited). My sales are good both with the demo or no demo so I don't really think that part is important, I think that what's most important is the info you give them and the passion that you show about our products. Just be comfortable and you'll do fine with whatever way you choose.

After Rae posted her outline, I tried her approach at two shows and the hosts and guests LOVE it! What I have decided to do is offer both. I say, "Suzy has opted for me to do a no-demo show tonight. What that means is that I already have the recipe(s) prepared. We will do introductions and then go through the catalog. I won't talk about every product because we'll be here all week, but I'll highlight the new products; however, while going through the catalog, we're going to play the 'Have It/Love It game', which I'll explain in a bit. Now, while Suzy has opted to do a no-demo show, I also do shows that include demos. If you and YOUR friends would like to see our products in action, I'll prepare a recipe at your show. We'll work together to personalize your show to meet your wants and needs."

Like I said, so far the hosts and guests are loving the no-demo, but at one of the shows a guest booked a "demo show" because a lot of her friends are younger and are getting married, and they could use some "help" in the kitchen.

Good luck!

dianevill said:
After Rae posted her outline, I tried her approach at two shows and the hosts and guests LOVE it! What I have decided to do is offer both. I say, "Suzy has opted for me to do a no-demo show tonight. What that means is that I already have the recipe(s) prepared. We will do introductions and then go through the catalog. I won't talk about every product because we'll be here all week, but I'll highlight the new products; however, while going through the catalog, we're going to play the 'Have It/Love It game', which I'll explain in a bit. Now, while Suzy has opted to do a no-demo show, I also do shows that include demos. If you and YOUR friends would like to see our products in action, I'll prepare a recipe at your show. We'll work together to personalize your show to meet your wants and needs."

Like I said, so far the hosts and guests are loving the no-demo, but at one of the shows a guest booked a "demo show" because a lot of her friends are younger and are getting married, and they could use some "help" in the kitchen.

Good luck!

That is a great way to put it! I may try a no-demo and then offer both as well!

Does anyone change their invites to reflect a "no demo" show??

I LOVE your wording Diane!!! Hope you don't mind if I "borrow" it?

etteluap70PC said:
I LOVE your wording Diane!!! Hope you don't mind if I "borrow" it?

Most certainly! I think people really like the idea that I don't do my shows exactly the same way each time...

Jennifer, I do change my invitations. For e-invitations I just tell the hosts to add a personal note on the e-invite, and for post cards (which I mail), I type a line on the bottom of the label, such as "Food served at the start of show -come hungry" or, "Wear your slippers for Jen's Soup and Slipper Show", or
"Learn how to create an easy yet elegant dessert" or whatever...

pamperedlinda said:
I have tried it both ways. I really think it depends on your own personality and style and what you are comfortable with. After trying the no-demo a few times I have gone back to doing a demo, It just suits me better. I am always worried about keeping people's interest (I know I went to a few shows before I joined and some of the consultants were really BORING!) For me, I can tell that the guests are more interactive when I actually use the tools and show them a recipe (like Becky said, it's the Food Network thing.....my guests always tell me they think I'm a blonde Rachel Ray!). I pick recipes that show lots of tools and have little or no baking time. I try to have most of the prep done ahead of time and just demo a small portion of the ingredient. I usually have guests who want to try-out something so I have them come help me as well (that really gets them excited). My sales are good both with the demo or no demo so I don't really think that part is important, I think that what's most important is the info you give them and the passion that you show about our products. Just be comfortable and you'll do fine with whatever way you choose.

Linda,
you said better what I was trying to say in my post! Sounds like we do the same type of show - I do alot of my prep before hand also, so my demo, although I am usually demoing alot of different tools, really isn't that long - I demoed the Lime-Berry Trifle last night, and the demo part of the show was 15 minutes!

My recruiter does this. She figures that people come to shows to socialize and catch up with friends, and they don't really want to listen to a demo. So she cooks the recipe ahead of time, and is usually putting the finishing touches on it when they arrive. Then she just answers questions and chats with the guests, nothing formal. She swears by it, and her hosts seem to love it. I think it sort of depends on the host and the crowd though. Some come to socialize and don't want the demo, while others do come for the tips and ideas and would be disappointed if they didn't get any. So I would suggest judging it based on the crowd.

I get a lot more requests for my walk-through-the-catalog show. Around here it's seen as something different. Also, it's a little more movable. I can do it in a church basement, community center, rec room, family room, or wherever.

I do offer my hosts a choice: make-a-recipe, walk-through-the-catalog, or open house.

chefbritt said:
My recruiter does this. She figures that people come to shows to socialize and catch up with friends, and they don't really want to listen to a demo. So she cooks the recipe ahead of time, and is usually putting the finishing touches on it when they arrive. Then she just answers questions and chats with the guests, nothing formal. She swears by it, and her hosts seem to love it. I think it sort of depends on the host and the crowd though. Some come to socialize and don't want the demo, while others do come for the tips and ideas and would be disappointed if they didn't get any. So I would suggest judging it based on the crowd.

I agree. I'm kind of torn on this idea. I'd love to do it, but I know that a lot of my guests really enjoy the demo. They like hearing tips & seeing how the products are actually used. I've been debating something like the catalog walk-through, but then maybe showing a few of the products with a cucumber or lime or something like that.

Where is Rae's original outline post : ) ?

I've only done two cooking shows and I demo at both shows. At my first one I had people come up to me and thanked me for making a recipe and said that the last consultant that was here (We are a small 150 people base) never cooked anything at her shows. They liked that I did.

Exactly my point. Do what works for you and your host.

DMB75 said:
I've only done two cooking shows and I demo at both shows. At my first one I had people come up to me and thanked me for making a recipe and said that the last consultant that was here (We are a small 150 people base) never cooked anything at her shows. They liked that I did.
I had the same thing recently...I did a show for a group that had just been to a show, in the same week with a different consultant....They were all telling me how she did not demo any recipe, or have many products with her..and none of the new products...I got bookings from the 2 people that had attended that other show.

I am going to offer this no demo to my host that is having a party for the gazzillianth time (can't get him to sign). They are a rowdy bunch and have seen demo after demo. I love this business!!!:p

klsnyder said:
They were all telling me how she did not demo any recipe, or have many products with her..and none of the new products...I got bookings from the 2 people that had attended that other show.

I do think it's much more important to have plenty of products and the majority of the newest ones with you when you do a show at which you make no recipe.

I guess we'll just have to depend on the host to know her guests. If they know it will be rowdy, a no demo would probably be better. If they are newer to PC, then a demo would probably be better. Those in between probably wouldn't care one way or the other!

I always offer the option. For a no demo show, I bring recipe prepared-maybe doing finishing touches as people show up since they seem to enjoy "helping" more when it's not really in front of others. I talk about new products, especially. I also offer open houses where I really end up talking to everyone and answering questions the whole time. I don't do a real talk, but get a lot of info out and people start having fun asking me questions. I kind of like this option b/c I seem to get to chat with each guest longer and it's a shorter show!! I, of course, still offer the full demo as well. Some people like it and some are thrilled to be able to opt for another choice. I love that I can decide what I want to offer and the host can decide what she'd like for her guests.

I have done a no demo show several times, and I agree, it depends on your "audience" and their preferences as to which way is better.

I have another question for all of you. When doing a show, demo or not, how much "other stuff" do you talk about besides the products? What I mean is, do you talk about....
guest specials, current and upcoming
host specials, current and upcoming
Round up campaign
bridal registry
bridal showers
sweepstakes
fund-raisers
host program
recruiting

I am having a difficult time NOT talking about each of these, but, I don't think my audience is really "into" it....I mean, I can rush through a demo, doing two recipes, and talking about all of the above, in about 45 minutes, but I would really like to cut this down if possible. I just don't want anyone to go away feeling "cheated", by me not giving out the info on something they might be needing.
Anybody out there feeling like this? Anybody out there who has "conquered" this problem???
I am sooo looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this!! Thanks so much in advance!!

I'm on the fence too. I am going to try the no-demo at my next show. It just seems like my shows are so long if I demo, and I don't really get a chance to talk about other items in the catalog before people lose interest. I am even thinking of going to one of my director's shows and watching how she does her shows again for some insight. I just don't feel I am accomplishing everything I want to at shows in a good amount of time.

I don't think I ever leave a show without thinking, "Oh, shoot! I didn't mention __________." Paula, I mention all of those. I just don't do it all at once. With practice, I've been able to learn how to sprinkle one or two lines about each of the "extras" throughout my talk. I use a product for each prompt. For example, when we get to the trivet in the catalog, I mention the RUFTH campaign.I don't go into lengthly explanations unless someone asks a question.

My director has never demonstrated a recipe at her shows. She lets the host choose 2 recipes to prepare, then she asks the guests to volunteer - if no one volunteers, she has the host pick volunteers and they prepare the recipe. The guests prepare everything and also get a hands-on feel for the product. I have tried it several times at my shows and it never goes off as well as hers do, but she gets a great response. I have gotten a WONDERFUL response from catalog walk-thru shows - people love it more than just listening to someone talk about the products. I'm still working on trying to make my shows more fun....

I think it's a great idea to let the hosts choose what type of show they want. I'm only in my 2nd month, so I've been trying to find what works best for me. At my show last week, I tried the no-demo & I don't think the crowd really cared for it. I didn't find out until I got there that all the guests except one hadn't been to a PC show before, so a demo would have been great then. After that, I told myself I would always demo at least 1 recipe at my shows. So, at my big show yesterday, I demoed 2 recipes. Most of the women there had been to several PC shows before (1 was a past consultant), so they probably would have liked the no-demo show, but they all seemed to enjoy my demos anyway. Sooo, now I've decided to let the hosts choose what they want. They know their guests and what they would like. The way I see it, it's their time to get together and have fun with their friends and family so they shouldn't have to sit through a demo if they don't want to. JMHO

I am doing my first "no demo show" this month. From the feedback that i am getting from my host, the guests are totally excited about it. I think giving the host a choice in what type of show they have is key. This host has had 1-2 cooking shows a year and some catalog shows in between for a really long time. The guests to her shows are always the same and have all of the staple PC products. I plan to really talk up our new products and the cookware with this crowd. I know these ladies have a ton of stoneware (because they purchased it from me before) Now I am going to get them started on getting all of our cookware and knives. I love my business and the creativity and ability to make each show unique. Another way to spruce up a no-demo show, is to have a theme show. This makes it new and a lot less boring to frequent PC hosts and guests.

I took Rae's idea of doing a walk-thru catalog show and my guests loved it! I did the Love It/Have It game, and I gave them green, orange and pink post it notes to mark items in the catalog that they were going to buy that evening (green), might consider buying that evening (orange) or would buy if they had the extra $$ (pink). I told them the catalogs were theirs to keep and to use as many Post-its as they wanted (I cut them up into small tabs) and at the end I gave a prize to the person with the most post its and also explained the benefits of hosting a show! There were only 6 guests there, one w/o PC experience and all the veterans sold her on lots of products! I will have to work on shortening it up, the girls were having way to much fun selling the products to each other, but it was one of my best shows, and it was fun and relaxing for me! I tend to get a little to wound up when I actually have to 'perform' in front of a crowd, so this took a lot of pressure off me!

I will definitely use this format again! (I even got remarks from one of the guests the next day about how much fun they all had!) Thanks Rae!

Thanks, Rae! I guess I'm "doing it right", but it just seems long to me. Sometimes I see people "blanking out", so I figure I must be getting too detailed, if nothing else.
I think I need to write out what to say about each "category", perhaps, and then I could work on re-arranging the words until I get it down better! (I've actually thought this for awhile now, but just haven't taken the time to actually "do it"....seems too much like school! lol)

You're welcome. I'm glad things are going well. You know I'm going to say this, but practice out loud. Get used to hearing it as well as saying it. It helps.

I just started making the recipe with the host before the guests arrive. It has been working out well!

Paula R. Lewis said:
I have done a no demo show several times, and I agree, it depends on your "audience" and their preferences as to which way is better.

I have another question for all of you. When doing a show, demo or not, how much "other stuff" do you talk about besides the products? What I mean is, do you talk about....
guest specials, current and upcoming
host specials, current and upcoming
Round up campaign
bridal registry
bridal showers
sweepstakes
fund-raisers
host program
recruiting

I am having a difficult time NOT talking about each of these, but, I don't think my audience is really "into" it....I mean, I can rush through a demo, doing two recipes, and talking about all of the above, in about 45 minutes, but I would really like to cut this down if possible. I just don't want anyone to go away feeling "cheated", by me not giving out the info on something they might be needing.
Anybody out there feeling like this? Anybody out there who has "conquered" this problem???
I am sooo looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this!! Thanks so much in advance!!

* guest specials, current and upcoming
- both, show them what their special is at the start and talk about upcoming later on (better to get to the cookware/stones and recruiting while you have their attention)

* host specials, current and upcoming
When I use the product or show something that is a good lead into these products. Otherwise I do it at the end with the drawing slips, so they can think about saying yes! And I tell how the host will benefit. Some times at the start I tell them to watch closely because by the end they are going to be VERY envious of all that their friend host/Mary because of how generous our program is and what my average hosts receive.

* Round up campaign
- At check out. If I remember I will tell them a blurb and that unless they tell me otherwise, I will assume everyone is rounding up. I usually don't remember until check out though.

bridal registry -bridal showers: very quickly I do, and encourage them to mark it on their order form and drawing slip so I'll know to send them home with a flyer and a catalog (or mini catalog -every thing has my info on it).

* sweepstakes - nope

* fund-raisers:
YES! At the start of the show! Fundraisers are a HUGE part of big sales. I tell them right off that I am trying to increase the number of fundraisers I do because it is a great way to feel good and help others while earning money. I give them "group" ideas... book clubs, neighborhoods, sports, school, teams, etc.

* host program - Yup at beginning or end. I really emphasize catalog/web as being a good too.

* recruiting
- Many many times, beginning end and middle. Also at check out. Use the "I can't read minds - I have no idea who might have been up last night worrying about bills, etc. So I will ask each of you, and would be very excited to personally train them myself. At the beginning of my show I say to watch what I do and think about whether you might like to give this a try too. I wish someone had asked ME years ago!

nickywsn said:
I know this has been discussed on here before, but after talking to a customer last night I am really undecided. She is a past consultant and she said she NEVER did a demo at any of her shows and had several $2000 shows! She said she would just bring a recipe with her and or cook something with the host before hand. Then she would just have a table set up with all her products on it. She said she had so many people begging her not to "torture" them with a demo since so many of her friends had been to several shows over the years. She said this made people comfortable to just come and go as they please. She said she didn't demo not one singe tool, but just answered questions they had. I was wondering what my fellow cheffers thought about this and had anyone tried it or had any success with this type of show?

By the way, she is now a past consultant because she has 3 kids and her DH works overseas and is gone for long periods of time.

The only time I don't demo is when I am doing a "boutique" kind of show, and I do offer the "open house" format. I tell them how PC's mission is to share our tools so that food prep can take less time so they can spend more time with their families without having to go to the drive through. The chopper alone will shave 15 minutes off food prep. The salad chopper (show) will allow them to entice their kids to eat salads - add half a bag of baby carrots to any head of lettuce (or bag).. a chunk or 2 of cucumbers; whatever you have in the house Presto, a chopped salad in minutes. Better yet, this tool is so cool to use, fill your trifle bowl with fresh veggies and hand it to your husband or teenager to "chop". He'll like it too.

I think it is really important to show some of the tools and/or make "trying them" an option. If I do the no cook open house set up, I usually have apples on hand to demonstrate the mandoline, knives, etc.

I am totally committed to bring "LESS" product! But I will bring one of each line - I am bringing the starter kit and only what I need for recipe, plus the small dotted bowl. My best selling point is that PC gives them 30 days to try out a product. If they don't like it, they call me or PC and FedEx will show up the next day to return the product WITHOUT hurting the host's sales or my commission. (they really appreciate knowing that).

The new thing we are "marketing" is the Power/Investment" Cooking show (a power hour if you will). Show will last one hour - come watch/learn how to prepare 3 easy recipes for your freezer ~ to use (thaw overnight and simply bake the next day) whenever you have a busy day. The host gets the 3 meals or she can raffle off one or two. This is a great theme for a baby shower too.

<sorry I'm in a very "sharing/talkative" mood ~ just really pumped up today!> :)

I haven't read every single posts but this is what I did at my last show and it's been awesome so far. I did a trifle, clubhouse chicken squares and a few more.(It was a huge show) Anyways, we brought everyone around the table and the guests actually made the recipes. It was awesome and we had such a great time. I've got $1100 in sales from this show alone. The hosts wants to continue getting orders for another week. I will be calling her today to get more orders! After the great turn out with this, I think that I will continue to do this. The was one of the funnest parties I've ever done!

I have been using Rae's no demo show outline (tweaked a little) for the past month and I will NEVER go back to traditional cooking show demos unless someone requests it. Not that anything is wrong with it at all, but my sales jumped this past month not to mention my bookings. Normally, I would never have shows booked 2 to 3 months in advance and I already have 2 for July and 2, possibly 3 for August. The no demo works great for me. Plus I don't come home with dirty tools to wash AND since I bring a prepared dish to the show, the hostess loves that I purchase the ingredients and all she had to do is provide guests. I purchase the ingredients as a "hostess gift" and file those receipts! Another thing is I think most of the consultants in my area do a traditional cooking show, which makes me the wild card and I like it because I am all about being different.I LOVE THE NO DEMO! ;)

I have been doing no-demo shows for years and it has made a huge difference for my business and my sales. When my host books, I give her the option of choosing a demo or non demo show, based on who she is going to invite. If they are PC veterans, then no demo. The first thing I do at my shows is ask who needs to get home early to relieve husbands and babysitters. Almost always the majority of guests raise their hands. Then I make sure to explain to everyone that I am doing what I call and "express show". I get so many sighs of relief because they know that they won't be there all night and if they leave early, they aren't missing anything, not to mention sparing them the feeling of embarrassment because they leave early. I then focus on four things: New products, stoneware, cookware, and cutlery. I do bring a dish already prepared as well. I am so much more comfortable doing the non-demo shows because first, I don't like to cook or clean dishes. This also relieves me from the uncomfortable task of having to ask the host to supply the ingredients (which there is always something missing or wrong ingredient) or asking for the $15 check if I purchase the ingredients for her. I went from hating to do KS to loving them.

1. Can a $2K Pampered Chef Show Succeed without doing a demo?

Yes, it is possible for a Pampered Chef show to be successful without doing a demo. While demos are a common and effective way to showcase the products and generate sales, some consultants have found success by taking a different approach.

2. How did the consultant run her show without doing a demo?

According to the past consultant, she would bring a recipe and/or cook something with the host before the show. During the show, she would have a table set up with all her products on display and answer any questions that guests had. This created a more relaxed and casual atmosphere for guests to come and go as they pleased.

3. Did the past consultant have any success with this type of show?

Yes, the past consultant mentioned that she had several $2000 shows using this method. She also mentioned that many of her guests were relieved not to have to sit through another demo, which made them more comfortable and likely to attend.

4. Did the past consultant demonstrate any of the Pampered Chef tools?

No, the past consultant did not demonstrate any of the tools during her show. She simply had them on display for guests to see and ask questions about.

5. Why is the past consultant no longer a Pampered Chef consultant?

The past consultant is no longer a Pampered Chef consultant because she has three children and her husband works overseas for extended periods of time. This may have made it difficult for her to continue as a consultant, but her previous success without doing demos shows that it is possible to have a successful Pampered Chef show without a traditional demo.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
MWCOOKIN
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies