• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Demo at a Real Estate Open House

In summary, the email said that a contact from the past is restarting her real estate business. The contact has some concerns about the idea, but thinks it could be successful if done correctly. They suggest having product on hand, contacting potential home buyers ahead of time, and having a consultant available to help stage the house.
NooraK
Gold Member
I received an email today from a contact on my newsletter list. I had originally met her at an event I participated in at work, but I was never able to get her to book a show, or recruit her. It's been quite a while since the event, and I've kept in touch with her with occasional calls. She's left the bank, and has recently included me a couple of emails announcing that she is restarting her real estate business.

Here's what the email said:

Hi Noora:

This is [name of contact]. You met me last year at [work event]. Listen, I'm back on deck to start my real estate business and would like to partner with you once I get some listings to do an open house where by you can do some cooking and demos. And in the fall will consider scheduling to host a party.

My question to you is whether anyone has ever done anything like this and what your opinion on its potential success are.

I have several concerns. Firstly, I'd need to find out what exactly she's wanting me to do. Would she want me there all day, or just for an hour or two? At 34 weeks pregnant, I certainly would not be able to commit to a whole day for quite a while. I can't stay on my feet that long currently (although I'm sure I could sit down between visitors), and after the baby is born, I really can't be away for very long stretches of time for at least the first month.

Secondly, what would be the reaction of the potential home buyers? They certainly wouldn't be expecting to see a PC lady there. I wouldn't expect to make any sales. I could, however make new contacts, possibly hosting and recruiting leads.

Thirdly, would a demo be the best option? If I have people trickling in and out, no one would really be around long enough to watch a whole demo. I had great luck with the dips and such I put out at my Thank You Celebration last night, maybe I could do a similar set up and leave cards and flyers. In that case, I wouldn't even have to be there that long.

I'm really interested to see what you guys have to say.

I don't want to be negative but I do not think this is a good idea. People who are coming to look at a house are interested in buying a house, not Pampered Chef. I think it would definately turn people off to you and to your contact. It's more about her professionalism than you. This would put a whole lot of pressure on a buyer, who is already under pressure to buy a house... Also her email says do some cooking and demos... are you there to make hors d'oevres for potential buyers? I think this may not turn out the way you are hoping.

What would be better is that if she is showing a house she should say something like "and I know a great Pampered Chef consultant who can help you stock your new kitchen." If someone says "ooh, I need a consultant" then she should pass your business card.

vanscootin said:
What would be better is that if she is showing a house she should say something like "and I know a great Pampered Chef consultant who can help you stock your new kitchen." If someone says "ooh, I need a consultant" then she should pass your business card.

When we sold our house, the agent gave us one of the packets she gives her homebuyers--I think she gives one even to clients that are shopping with her. It included a list of contacts ranging from contractors to interior decorators to nearby take-out places. I think there were about 15 references on the list, all with the individual that was her contact. This would be a perfect place to list a consultant, and maybe you could give her a packet of recipe cards (like Weekday Dinners Done) in her "welcome to your new home" basket--or you could give her a discount on products for her real estate gifts--in exchange for referrals.

Marghi

I would talk to her about having product on hand to 'stage' empty houses, with a small tasteful sign stating they can be purchased through you, and your business cards. This means, of course, she has to buy the product from you, but maybe you could be available to help get everything set up before the open houses start. Then, you could put out samples such as cookies made in the DMMP, dips, etc., and leave.This way, potential buyers can see how amazing PC would look in their new home, but would not feel they were being fooled into attending a PC show, or distracted from their purpose of viewing a house.

Sounds like she is looking for a caterer. Sarah's idea of providing some product for display, if she is showing an EMPTY house, is intriguing. Perhaps you could pursue this.As someone who is actively house shopping, I would find it weird to come into a home where a Pampered Chef demo was taking place.

Thanks ladies. You've all pretty much echoed what I was thinking about the whole thing. While on the surface, the idea sounds cool, once I start thinking about its execution, it doesn't look so hot. I certainly do not want to end up being a caterer.

I'm more than happy to work with her, and I really appreciate the ideas. Keep them coming!

Maybe she can borrow some of your items on specific open house days to display in the kitchen and dining area. You would have a "welcome home" sign letting them know they can fill their new kitchen with FREE pc tools by hosting a show with you.

I love the recipe card and ctc info for their welcome packet.

I would call her and ask her what she had in mind specifically....what is it she wants you to do, what she hopes your presence will do and then go from there. A phone call would give you the best understanding of her intent and wishes.

Good luck!

Dear [name of contact],

Thank you for reaching out to me about the possibility of partnering for an open house at your real estate business. I'm excited about the potential opportunity and would love to discuss it further with you.

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have had the pleasure of doing demos and events in various settings, including real estate open houses. It can be a great way to showcase our products and services to a new audience and potentially gain new customers and recruits.

Regarding your concerns, I completely understand your limitations as a new mom and a pregnant one at that. We can definitely work around your schedule and availability to make sure you are comfortable and able to participate in a way that works for you. I can also bring along a team member or two to help with the event if needed.

In terms of potential success, I have seen great results from open house events in the past. It's a unique and unexpected addition to the typical open house experience, which can make it stand out and attract more visitors. Even if we don't make direct sales on the spot, we can still make valuable connections and potentially generate future sales and leads.

As for the type of demo, we can discuss different options and find one that works best for your event. It could be a full demo, or a more casual setup with dips and flyers like you mentioned. Whatever you feel would be most effective in your specific setting, I am happy to accommodate.

I look forward to hearing back from you and discussing this further. Thank you for considering me as a partner for your open house. Best of luck with restarting your real estate business!

Sincerely,

What are the benefits of hosting a demo at a real estate open house?

Hosting a demo at a real estate open house is a great way to showcase your products and services to potential customers. It allows you to reach a targeted audience who are likely to be interested in home and kitchen products. It also gives you the opportunity to network with real estate agents and potentially gain referrals for future sales.

What kind of products can be demonstrated at a real estate open house?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of kitchen and home products that are perfect for demonstrating at a real estate open house. Some popular products include our cookware, bakeware, and kitchen gadgets. We also have a line of products specifically designed for entertaining, such as serving platters and drinkware.

How can I prepare for a successful demo at a real estate open house?

To ensure a successful demo at a real estate open house, it is important to plan and prepare ahead of time. Make sure to have all the necessary products and materials on hand, and practice your demonstration beforehand. It is also helpful to have a clear understanding of the audience and tailor your demo to their interests.

What are some tips for engaging with potential customers during the demo?

Engaging with potential customers is key during a demo at a real estate open house. Some tips for doing this include asking open-ended questions to encourage conversation, offering samples or tastings of products, and showcasing the versatility and functionality of the products. It is also important to be knowledgeable about the products and their benefits.

How can I follow up with potential customers after the demo?

Following up with potential customers after the demo is crucial for turning them into actual customers. It is important to collect contact information, such as email addresses or phone numbers, and reach out to them within a few days to thank them for attending and offer any special promotions or deals. You can also ask for feedback and continue to nurture the relationship through personalized communication.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
Replies
Views
pampered1224