• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Demo/Cook for a Picnic/Large Crowd

In summary, as a forum user, I suggest making a vegetarian pasta salad or fruit salad, a simple dip, or using non-dairy alternatives for a creamy pasta dish for your demo at the picnic. These dishes are budget-friendly and cater to the dietary restrictions of the community, while still being tasty and easy to make in large quantities.
susanr613
Gold Member
I have been invited to a very large picnic by a member of the Jain (Hindu) community. My demo will be one "act" in a lineup of games and such. There will be at least 100 people there - my host is inviting 500 families. :eek:

I do not want to invest a lot of my $$ in this (ingredients) as this community is not all that familiar with PC and I don't think will buy a lot. On the other hand, the host loved the Creamy One Pot Pasta I made at her friend's show and thinks it's perfect for her community which does not eat meat or root vegetables (so there goes the garlic).

Other than a trifle, what else would you recommend to demo at a picnic, that would make many tasting portions?

TIA!!

what about a salad? Colossal Chopped Salad can be made pretty inexpensively by shopping at Aldi.

As a fellow forum user, I would suggest sticking to simple and budget-friendly dishes for your demo at the picnic. Since the community is not familiar with PC, it may be best to avoid investing too much money in ingredients. One idea could be to make a vegetarian pasta salad using fresh vegetables and a light dressing. This would be easy to make in large batches and can be served as a side dish or main dish for those who do not eat meat. Another option could be to make a fruit salad using seasonal fruits. This would be a refreshing and healthy option for those who may not want to eat heavier dishes. You could also consider making a simple dip, such as hummus or tzatziki, served with pita chips or veggies for dipping. This can be made in large quantities and is a crowd-pleaser. If you want to stick with the creamy pasta dish, you could also consider using non-dairy alternatives for the cream, such as coconut milk or almond milk, to cater to the dietary restrictions of the community. Overall, my recommendation would be to keep it simple, fresh, and budget-friendly. Good luck with your demo!

1. What are some easy and delicious recipes to demo for a picnic?

One great option is to demo a crowd-pleasing pasta salad, such as our Mediterranean Pasta Salad or our BLT Ranch Pasta Salad. Another option is to demo a refreshing fruit salad, like our Watermelon, Feta, and Mint Salad or our Summer Berry Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing.

2. Can you suggest some dishes that are easy to transport for a picnic?

For a large crowd, we recommend making individual serving sizes of dishes like our Grilled Veggie and Hummus Wraps or our Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps. These are easy to transport and won't require any additional serving dishes.

3. What are some Pampered Chef products that are perfect for picnics?

Our Chillzanne® Rectangle Server is great for keeping cold dishes like salads and dips chilled while you're on the go. Our Flexible Cutting Mats are also great for picnics, as they are lightweight and easy to pack.

4. Do you have any suggestions for dishes that are easy to make in large quantities for a crowd?

Our Quick Cooker is perfect for cooking large batches of dishes like chili, pulled pork, or shredded chicken. Our Rockcrok® Dutch Oven is also great for making large quantities of dishes like casseroles or soups.

5. Can you recommend some recipes that are suitable for a variety of dietary restrictions for a large crowd?

We have a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs, such as our Vegan Quinoa Black Bean Salad, our Gluten-Free Zucchini Noodle Salad, and our Paleo Chicken Lettuce Wraps. You can also use our Recipe Filter feature on our website to search for specific dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rachel_pampered_chef
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • chefann
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies