• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Selling the Benefits or Features of Your Products?

In summary, Tasha has been selling products at parties for the past few months and has had a difficult time selling items. She has been thinking of ways to increase sales and has come up with some ideas. First, she recommends trying to sell the products as booking tools instead of just asking for money. Second, she recommends selling the products in a different way, such as presenting them in a way that makes the customer justify spending money on them. Finally, she recommends selling high-ticket items in a different way, such as giving the customer a reason to spend the money.
mom23boys
So I've been partying with friends and family since end of April, 11 shows so far, and I have this problem. Everyone loves the products when I demo them but noone buys them. They ooh and aah over the spinner and the saute pan but I haven't sold a single one yet. Same with the Mandoline. I don't know if I'm just not convincing enough or if people come to the show with something in mind to buy and nothing I do will make them change their mind.

Any suggestions????????????????

Sometimes I feel that way too but then I'll get a streak where people buy thinks JUST BECAUSE I did a demo with the product - you just never know.

Sorry, I know that wasn't help - just be patient and share your love for the products. It will happen!

You might want to mention the return policy as those are big ticket items and people might not be sure if they are worth it. Tell them to try it for 20 days and if they don't like it to call you & you'll help take care of the return (free if done within 30 days).

Tasha, That's a great idea!
Thank You

Those do sound more like "big-ticket" items that they might not be sure they want to purchase yet. I always tell people they can create a "wish list" (with the shopping list on the write in receipts) and if they have a lot of items or some high-ticket items on there, I always suggest doing a show to get them cheaper, and that usually works (even just a catalog show!). The guarantee is also a good thing to mention. I find that many people know what they want, but after I do my demo, they add more to their list. Try mixing what you show, too - not just the high-priced items, but moderate- and low-priced items as well, so they get a bigger picture of our selection. The microplane has been selling incredibly for me since I stopped using it in place of the cheese grater for recipes, and I've sold a bunch of Mandolines to people at the 2nd and third shows they've attended, since it was on their list of items to buy, but they weren't "ready" yet. Some people may want to "test out" the products first, and if they like them, they'll come back and buy more/bigger stuff. HTH and hang in there - it's not you, I'm sure!!

Sometimes it's helpful to think of items like the ones you mentioned as booking tools. Not many people will pay full price to get them, no matter how great they are (or how great you sell them). Use your more expensive products to sell bookings-that hosts can earn these free or half price.

When I stopped showing items that were under $15, my higher priced items started to sell. Even if I use it in the demo and it's under $15, I don't talk about it!

Think about it... you go to another DS party... what do you do? You get there, get the catalog and look for everything under $20 to fit into your budget for the party. You know how much you can spend and will find as much for that amount as you can, right? It's no different with our parties.

SOOOO what we need to do is give them a reason to spend the $$ on the salad spinner. No one needs "permission" to buy something that is $10... but they do need a darn good reason to buy something that's $50! Work on selling it... be sure that you're telling them more than 3 uses for every product you're showing. If they think they will only use it to spin salad and they can get one at BB&B for $20 from OXO, they will go there. But we all know there are TONS of things ours can be used for and other features too... give them a reason to buy it... help them justify it in their eyes!

And if they truly can't afford it, then you've painted such a good picture that they HAVE to have it and they'll book a show to get it free!

Last edited:
Another tip that has helped me with big ticket items is to present it in a different way. For example, I do a men vs. women sort of thing and go into detail how guys seem to want to pay top dollar for power tools, audio equipments, electronics, their car, etc... The guy's argument may be that we need to go for quality vs. price. My husband's huge argument for when we purchased a high def TV was, just imagine the crystal clear picture and the surround sound, yadda yadda. So my argument is that if your husband/boyfriend is willing to spend top dollar for the latest electronics or power tools then why shouldn't you be able to pay for quality kitchen items. Then I go into the 30 day trial, warranty, etc...

It's like trying to make them not think about the price, but think more about the quality and how it will help them in the kitchen. ;)

Another great tip I was reminded of recently is the cost per use. Sure, someone can go to the discount or even the hardware store and get a 12" skillet for much less than the Exec. 12" skillet. But chances are good that it won't perform as well as ours, and they either won't use it, or they'll end up trashing it and have to replace it. In either of those cases, the cost per use will be high. But if they invest in the Exec. 12" skillet and use it every day (or a couple of times a week), the cost per use is just pennies.

mom23boys said:
So I've been partying with friends and family since end of April, 11 shows so far, and I have this problem. Everyone loves the products when I demo them but noone buys them. They ooh and aah over the spinner and the saute pan but I haven't sold a single one yet. Same with the Mandoline. I don't know if I'm just not convincing enough or if people come to the show with something in mind to buy and nothing I do will make them change their mind.

Any suggestions????????????????
I feel the same way. Maybe one person will buy something I demo, but for as much time as I spend talking about the cookware, FC and stones, you would think I'd sell more. Everyone loved the Turtle cake I made in my 12" Family Skillet. They ooed and ahed over it when I told them it could go in the oven up to 400 degrees and how the cake came out so easy. Not one person purchased any of the cookware. And I asked everyone if they would like to have a show. Also, I talked about and used the cutting boards and the FC. No one bought those, except one bar board sold. I talked about and used the juicer and two of the 9 people purchased. I talked about the salad and berry spinner and used it for the cilantro and the grape tomatoes. One person bought it, so that was at least impressive. I guess I have to keep trying. I totally agree that you have to spend time on the higher priced items and give people a vision for what those procucts can do for them.

Big ticket items are great booking hooks. Mention how they can get it free, half price, or at a discount when they book.

Most of the time when people buy what I demo, it's the lower priced items. I have to take Colleens advice and not even mention those ones.

I have better luck when during intros, I ask their name and their favorite PC product. They sell the stuff for me!!

When I do the Rustic foccacia recipe, I usually sell the italian seasoning and a stone.

mom23boys: Have you analyzed what you are selling a lot of? Do you mention those products? Do a Top Sell list on P3. Try to find a correlation between what you sell and how you demo, etc. My last show I sold 4 food choppers (first time that many for me). I had guests use it for chopping broccoli, mushrooms, and two other items. Plus, there was a guest there from a previous show who was talking it up for me!

I think you also need to demo many product not just the high priced item , you will get the people to buy a ton of small thing adding up to 40-50 dollars . I myself want to sell more cookware and its funny cause if I look at last years pan-o rama maybe cause its a contest I know I can do it .

I always as a second recipe make the pull apart bread and sooner or later you will be shocked as to how many you can sell then they will want more.

A Question to ask yourself:

Are you selling the BENEFITS or FEATURES?

You can sell the FEATURES until you're blue in the face ~ but if you don't tie in the BENEFITS for THEM ~ you've wasted your breath!

Just like recruiting ~ IT'S ALL ABOUT THEM! Why do THEY need it in their kitchen ~ how is it going to help THEM with their cooking?

Frankly, I say very little about the features (with the exception of cookware/stoneware) ~ I talk more about the benefits.

So what are YOU selling ~ BENEFITS or FEATURES?

1. Why is no one buying what I demo at my parties?

There could be several reasons why your party guests are not purchasing the products you demonstrate. It could be that they are not interested in the products themselves, or they may have already purchased them from another consultant. It's also possible that your presentation or demonstration may not be engaging enough to capture their attention. It's important to make sure you are highlighting the features and benefits of the products and showing how they can be useful in the kitchen.

2. How can I improve my demos to increase sales?

One way to improve your demos is to practice them beforehand and make sure you are confident and comfortable with the products. You can also try to personalize the demos by incorporating your own experiences and tips with the products. Additionally, make sure you are actively listening to your guests and addressing any concerns or questions they may have about the products.

3. Should I offer discounts or promotions to encourage sales?

Offering discounts or promotions can be a great way to entice guests to make a purchase. However, it's important to make sure these offers are in line with the policies set by Pampered Chef. You can also try offering bundle deals or hosting a raffle for a free product to generate more interest in the products you are demonstrating.

4. How can I follow up with guests who attended the party but did not make a purchase?

Following up with guests who did not make a purchase is a great way to potentially generate more sales. You can reach out to them through email or social media and offer them a special discount or promotion to entice them to make a purchase. It's also important to make sure you are building a relationship with your guests and staying in touch with them even after the party.

5. What other tips do you have for increasing sales at my Pampered Chef parties?

Aside from improving your demos and offering promotions, there are other ways to increase sales at your parties. One tip is to make sure you have a variety of products available for guests to see and touch. You can also try showcasing the products in creative ways, such as creating a themed display or setting up a cooking station for guests to try out the products themselves. Lastly, make sure you are providing excellent customer service and building genuine connections with your guests to encourage them to make a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
marystell1
  • Tracy99
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Amanda_RI
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies