• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handing out Catalogs During Demo: What's Your Strategy?

or wants one...gets up and starts demoing it. I try to be very specific in my descriptions and answer questions. I also try to take pictures during the demo. I usually set up the product on a counter or in a chair so they can see how it would look in their kitchen. I hand out the catalogs at the beginning of the show, and people can take notes or order online. I like to make a list of products I'm using for each recipe so that people can just choose the two they want and print them out. I also try to take pictures during the demo.
leannvv
First show is in 2 weeks and am wondering if you hand out the catalogs during your demo or after? What is your reasoning? Also- do you use write in or the carbon order forms?

My director waits until after the demo to hand out catalogs so she has full attention......wondering what is best??

I personally prefer to hand out catalogs at the beginning of my show. If people get anxious to order during the demo, I want them to have the forms and pens in their hands. Also, I've started printing a list of products I'm using for each recipe that lists product name, item number, price and pg number. I keep this in my computer and add to it each time I cook a new recipe so that I can just choose the 2 for each show and print them without reinventing the wheel. I think this helps so that people aren't constantly looking for items that you demo in the catalog and asking "what page?".

Jeanie Gay

My first show will be that weekend too! :)

I can't speak from experience what works best, but I intend to give the catalogs out at the beginning, so they can take notes and start looking for things. Otherwise, it could take a long time afterward while newbies look through the entire catalog! PCJeanie, I really like how you make the list of products for the recipes you make. As a customer, I know I would appreciate that. :)

Jeanie-I like the idea of having a print-out of the products you are using in your demo. Do you make one copy to pass around, or one for each catalog?

I the catalogs at the beginning of the show. It gives them something to look at besides me while I am doing the demo. They all talk about the products and how each other uses them.

pamperedgirl3 said:
Jeanie-I like the idea of having a print-out of the products you are using in your demo. Do you make one copy to pass around, or one for each catalog?

I love this idea and am wondering the same thing!

I used to pass out catalogs at the beginning but now I prefer the end...I have their full attention and find that they talk about products instead of what neighbor didn't mow their lawn!

I pass out the catalogs and order forms out at the beginning of the show. That way as I am demoing something they can go ahead and write it in the order form, the write in are waaaaay easier. I make sure I know what page all the items in the demo are on so that it makes it easier for the customer to find the item number. I find that more people order like this. The product is still in their face and maybe it is a little impulse buying!!!!

Cheryl Mackey
cookingpamperedstyle

Personally I hand them out before the demo so people can look at the intems in teh book as I describe and show them. As a customer at home parties I always hated when the ctalogs were held back until after the demo.

dannyzmom said:
Personally I hand them out before the demo so people can look at the intems in teh book as I describe and show them. As a customer at home parties I always hated when the ctalogs were held back until after the demo.

I totally agree! I have been to shows where you didn't see a catalog until the end - and I REALLY wanted to look at prices etc...., but had no info. - what it came down to for me is just picking something quickly out of the catalog so that I could place my order and leave - and it has NEVER made me want to book a show, because I found it so irritating! One consultant who did this also only let you take a book home if you booked a show yourself......(Jewelry - I think Lia Sophia - and I really needed to take a book home to make a decision - I ended up just buying an $18 chain)

I hand them out at the beginning and give everyone a 'research assignment.' Their assignment put their name and their MOST DESIRED (price is NO object here!) Pampered Chef product on their nametag.
When I begin the show, I thank the host, and then each person says their name and their listed product and why they want it so much. It takes a little while but is lots of fun and gets us talking (usually) about the Big Three: Stoneware, Cookware, and Simple Additions. There's usually one person at each show who wants one of those items.
Then, everyone who owns one of those products can chime in and share how much they love their _____ and why. This is great because they do the selling for me - they know I love the products, so it's great to know others do, too!

I agree - I've been to other shows where I didn't get the catalog till the end and felt frustrated and like it took forever to place my order because I didn't know a thing about any of the pieces.

I hand them out at the beginning so they can look while i am demoing. i would not like a show where i could not check the prices of soemthing i am seeing demo-ed.

I hand them out at the beginning so that I don't have 15 people all asking me what that brown thing in the demo was at the end. I like the idea of having the print outs though. I always print out the recipes for each guest's lapboard, but I never thought to add the products and numbers too. At my next show I am going to give it a try and see what I can come up with!!

What is the purpose of catalogs during a demo?

Catalogs are a helpful tool to showcase our products and provide customers with information about their features and benefits. They also serve as a visual aid to help customers make decisions during the demo.

Should I pass out catalogs before or after the demo?

The best practice is to pass out catalogs after the demo. This allows the customers to focus on the products being demonstrated and then refer to the catalogs for more information and to place orders.

How many catalogs should I bring to a demo?

It is recommended to bring at least one catalog for each guest attending the demo. It's also a good idea to have a few extra in case of unexpected guests or if a catalog gets damaged during the demo.

Can I write on the catalogs during the demo?

Yes, you can write on the catalogs during the demo. This can be helpful to highlight specific products or make notes for customers. Just make sure to use a pen that won't bleed through the pages.

What should I do with the catalogs after the demo?

After the demo, you can collect the catalogs from the guests and use them to place orders. You can also offer to leave catalogs with the host for a few days so guests can continue to browse and place orders if they couldn't do so during the demo.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• varga11
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
varga11
  • AJPratt
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Nell's-a-Cookin'