• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Favorite Christmas Finger Food?

In summary, Christmas baking is something that I enjoy doing each year. I usually start making something each week during December and then will make several things the weekend of Christmas. I love trying new recipes, so please keep the recipes coming!
jrstephens
Not just PC. What's something you make each year at Christmas? I am starting to think of Christmas baking. I usually start making something each week during December and then will make several things the weekend of Christmas.

I usually do a cheese ball, ham roll ups, sugar cookies, pigs in a blanket and go to my mom's and get some of her stuff!

What do yall do?

I love to make Jello cookies. I use my cookie press to make fun shapes. For the recipe just google "Jello Cookies". They are fun and easy for kids to make!

I make Rachael Ray's Five Minute Fudge. I add a bit of orange extract and dried cranberries. Yummy! I also make Fruitcake Bites. They aren't as dense as traditional fruitcake. Even people who don't like fruitcake love my Fruitcake Bites.

I had an all finger-food Thanksgiving this year. We had:
Li'l Smokies in BBQ sauce
meatballs in gravy
veggies and dip
Crab Rangoon Dip with Chinese Mustard wonton chips
Mini bacon and cheese quiches
turkey panini with havarti and dried cranberries; gravy to dip them in

So far reading this thread I'm hungry:)

Every year I make:

Ham and cream cheese roll ups
Pecan Tassies
Chocolate chili pretzels
Dips--I'm the dip queen!!! Always trying out a new dip:)

I love dips too, they are expected of me. (I know that line is setting myself up for some sort of KGish comment) :)
I have to try some of the PC ones, but right now the ones I do are:
Funky ranch dip, hot crab dip, Baked cheddar bacon spread, and a cream cheese, salsa shredded cheese dip.

I love Gorgonzola cheese sandwiched between 2 walnuts drizzled in honey...not necessary a holiday treat, but something we usually serve at our holiday open house.

My in-laws do an appetizer dinner since we go to Mass on Christmas Eve and then come home to eat and open presents! She usually makes pickle rollups, those cucumber sandwich thingys, little smokies, cheese and crackers and more!

Any chance of getting the recipes for the fruitcake bites and the baked cheddar bacon spread? I knew better than to read this thread while I was hungry! lol

I tried a new recipe last year that my family loved. Crab stuffed jalapenos. I've attached the recipe for anyone wanting to try them. Since I live 2 hours from my family, I made them the night before, refrigerated, and took them in a cooler. I fried them once I got to my niece's house. They were gone within minutes. I love holiday cooking and trying new things. Keep the recipes coming, please! :chef:

Attachments

• Jalapeno peppers with crab stuffing.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 258
Here is the Baked Cheddar Bacon Spread. It is so delicious and really low fat too! :) HAHA!Baked Cheddar Bacon Spread2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
assorted crackersIn a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, onion and mayonnaise until smooth. Fold in bacon and 3 cups of cheddar cheese. Transfer to a 2-qt. Baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with crackers.
Yield: 7 cups

Yum! Sounds great but definitely NOT low fat. lol Thanks so much! My family are cheese addicts so this should be a big hit! :D

I had Sweet Pepper jelly with sliced cheddar cheese and crackers. The jelly was home made...yum.

ExhaustedHello everyone! I am exhausted! I just got back from our annual homeschool Christmas party. I was up until 2 am making 72 cupcakes, 60 goody bags, and getting all the snacks and prizes organized to take to the party. The party started at 9 am. And of course we volunteered to get there early to set up! My hubby was off today, THANK GOD!!! :eek:

We had a GREAT TIME! But I am tired! :indif: As soon as we are done with our lunch I might take a nap. Only problem is, if I sleep now I won't sleep tonight. Unfortunately my four month old doesn't sleep at night even if he doesn't sleep now!! lol

Anyway I love to make these recipes:

Sausage Dip - Roll of breakfast sausage cooked, one can of rotel and one block of cream cheese (8 oz) all mixed together. Everyone loves it served with Townhouse crackers.

Everyone expects my yummy cookies. I make all kinds. And my chocolate and New york cheesecakes!

I make sugared nuts. Just pecans coated with egg whites, brown sugar mixture and baked.

I also make a special treat that calls for creamy peanut butter sandwiched between two Ritz crackers, and dipped in chocolate. It's delicious and simple.

Ok that's all I can think of for now!

Debbie :chef:

Forgot to askOh I forgot to ask everyone for a good cheese and chocolate fondue recipe. Anyone have one they would like to share?

My husband would like a fondue dinner night this week!

And some good suggestions for dippers would be good. You all are a helpful and creative bunch!!

Debbie :D

lol Debbie, I had to read that twice. I guess I was still thinking about your baby because I thought it said 'good suggestions for diapers'. Jeez, maybe I need the nap!

Ann, the jalapeno pepper jelly is really good over cream cheese with crackers. Just let the cream cheese come to room temp and spread the jelly over it. Serve with crackers. I haven't tried it with cheddar but I will. Thanks!

DebbieSAChef said:
Oh I forgot to ask everyone for a good cheese and chocolate fondue recipe. Anyone have one they would like to share?

My husband would like a fondue dinner night this week!

And some good suggestions for dippers would be good. You all are a helpful and creative bunch!!

Debbie :D
I'm taking Italian fondue to my cluster party tonight. No real recipe, though. It's spaghetti sauce mixed with garlic, shredded mozzarella and shredded Parmesan. I'm probably going to add some sauteed onion, too, as I have half an onion in the fridge. It should look like sauce, but be stringy when you dip things in it. I'm taking fresh mushroom halves, zucchini slices and little smokies for dipping, but bread is good, too.

Debbie,

Can you give me the specifics for the Sugared Nuts? I have lots of pecans in my freezer and more I need to shell.

climbercanoe3 said:
Here is the Baked Cheddar Bacon Spread. It is so delicious and really low fat too! :) HAHA!

Baked Cheddar Bacon Spread

2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
assorted crackers

In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, onion and mayonnaise until smooth. Fold in bacon and 3 cups of cheddar cheese. Transfer to a 2-qt. Baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with crackers.
Yield: 7 cups

Thanks for this recipe, yummy can't wait to try it. I think I should just rub it on my hips cause I have a feeling that's were it's going to go in the end:blushing:

Deannasbiz said:
I love to make Jello cookies. I use my cookie press to make fun shapes. For the recipe just google "Jello Cookies". They are fun and easy for kids to make!

My grandma made these for years (and she died in 1983 so you know the recipe is old). I just pulled it back out last night! Too funny!

Thanks, Rae! I love fruitcake but nobody else in my family does, so more for me. :D

Jennifer, this is my recipe for the pecans. They're addictive! :love:

Attachments

• Sugar and Spice Pecans.doc
    19 KB · Views: 278
T h a n k s !

You're quite welcome! Do you make candy during the holidays? Divinity is another good way to use pecans. I've attached some other recipes using them.

Attachments

• BOURBON-PECAN_SUNDAE_TOPPING.doc
    19 KB · Views: 278
  • Sand Tarts.doc
    19 KB · Views: 286
  • DIVINITY.doc
    21 KB · Views: 308
  • Triple Chocolate Fudge.doc
    20 KB · Views: 267
Debbie-
Here is the recipe for the Cool and Creamy Chocolate Fondue. You can use fruit for dippers or even cinnamon graham sticks. Yummy!Cool & Creamy Chocolate FondueIngredients:
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon rum or vanilla extract (optional)
Assorted fresh fruit dippers such as whole strawberries, apple, peach or pear wedges (optional)Directions:
1. Place chocolate morsels and half of the whipped topping in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval. Fold in remaining whipped topping, cinnamon and rum extract, if desired; mix until smooth. Cover; refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
2. To serve, spoon fondue into small bowl. Serve with fruit dippers, if desired.
Yield: 2 cups (16 servings) Nutrients per serving: (2 tablespoons fondue): Calories 80, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 0 mg, Fiber 0 g Cook’s Tips: Ground cinnamon can be substituted for the Korintje Cinnamon, if desired.Use the Apple Wedger to easily cut apples and pears into uniform wedges. Dip the apple, peach and pear wedges into lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown. If preparing the fondue ahead of time, store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Stir in 1-2 tablespoons milk for a creamier consistency.

Debbie, here's a fondue recipe I'd forgotten. I think I need to reorganize my recipe folder. lol

POT FONDUE

Hawaiian bread
2 cups cheddar, shredded
6 oz. cream cheese
11/2 cups sour cream
1 cup diced ham
½ cup chopped onion
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup chopped green chilies

Hollow bread, saving the inside to cut into pieces to dip. Mix all and pour into bread. Wrap in double layer of heavy-duty foil. Bake for 70 mins at 350.

RebelChef said:
You're quite welcome! Do you make candy during the holidays? Divinity is another good way to use pecans. I've attached some other recipes using them.

I go to my mm's for divinity.I keep saying I am going to try making it myself. I have watched her make it for 31 yeas now. I just worry about it falling! I may try it this year though.

She has found a "no fail" recipe she wants to try but she has promised me that if I do not like it, she will then make her recipe.

Anything that is chocolate! (I really just wanted to bump this thread so I don't forget about it later and so people will keep posting!) :)

I always make a Beef Cheese Ball

2 8oz Cream Cheese
1 jar Dried Beef,chopped
6 Green Onions,chopped
1 garlic cloved pressed

Mix together,shape into a ball, chill and serve with crackers

English Toffee is my specialty for the holidays.
I usually share with my neighbors for Christmas.
It's my grandmother's recipe and very yummy...once you start, you can't stop!

My aunt fed my divinity craving for years until I started feeling guilty and finally just learned to make it myself. lol It's not hard once you do it. Although, the recipe says 'continue to beat until mixture holds its shape, approximately 5 minutes.', I've never had it work that fast. I use a Kitchenaid stand mixer with stainless bowl and it takes quite a while for it to cool down enough to start holding its shape. DH bought the mixer for me after I broke a couple of hand mixers and a cheap stand mixer trying to make it. lol It's too stiff for them. I can't imagine making it before mixers were invented. Yikes! You'd have arms like a wrestler. lol

Kimberly, I loveeee English Toffee! All these goodies sound so good. Thanks everyone for posting them!

1. What are some popular Christmas finger foods?

Some popular Christmas finger foods include cheese balls, ham roll ups, pigs in a blanket, sugar cookies, and various types of dips.

2. Do you have any go-to Christmas finger food recipes?

Yes, I usually make a homemade cheese ball using cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, and various seasonings. I also make ham and cheese roll ups using crescent roll dough and deli ham. For a sweet treat, I make sugar cookies from scratch with festive decorations.

3. What's your favorite Christmas finger food to make?

I really enjoy making pigs in a blanket because they are easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser. I also love making sugar cookies because I can get creative with the decorations.

4. Do you have any traditional Christmas finger foods in your family?

Yes, my mom always makes a delicious holiday cheese spread using cream cheese, green onions, and Worcestershire sauce. She also makes a variety of homemade cookies and treats each year.

5. How do you plan out your Christmas baking schedule?

I usually start making something each week in December, such as sugar cookies or a cheese ball. Then, the weekend of Christmas, I will make several different finger foods and treats to bring to family gatherings. I also like to coordinate with my mom to see what she is making so we don't have duplicate dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookwithchris
Replies