• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Sausage Ball Recipe for the Ultimate Christmas Goody Baking!

In summary, cookies are a great way to send holiday cheer, and the best way to store them is in an airtight container and out of the reach of moisture.
jrstephens
What are yall cooking? When it turns December I get in the mood for good snack goodies and usually cook something different each weekend.

What do you all cook? And if you have the recipe handy, please, share with us all.

I am cooking sausage balls this weekend - they are one my husband's favs. Here if the Paula Deen recipe I use. I do add a little milk to it, so, they will not be quiet so dry.

1 (1-pound) package ground sausage
3 cups baking mix (recommended: Bisquick)
4 cups grated sharp Cheddar
1/8 tablespoon pepper

Dip:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon mustard

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.

Combine all ingredients in a large glass bowl. Mix well with your fingers. The mixture will be very crumbly. Form into 1 inch balls, squeezing the mixture so it holds together, then rolling it between the palms of your hands to form balls.

Place the balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. To prevent sticking, move the balls with a spatula halfway through cooking.

To make the dip, combine the mayonnaise and mustard. Serve with sausage balls.

To me the season means BAKING!!

I too, do a different recipe each weekend. This weekend I am doing my Grandma's famous molases cookies with burnt butter icing...mmmmm and I think I will throw in there my moms recipe for Colossus Cookies.

If I had it my way, I'd do a cookie a day...

I like baking too!! Last night I made Chex Muddy Buddies....mmmmm! Ingredients:

9 cups Chex cereals (Corn, Rice and/or Wheat)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup margarine
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
Directions:
1. Pour cereals into large bowl; set aside.2. In 1-quart microwave-safe bowl combine semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter, and margarine. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring after 1 minute. Stir in vanilla.3. Pour chocolate mixture over cereals, stirring until all pieces are evenly coated. Pour cereal mixture into a large resealable plastic bag with powdered sugar. Seal securely and shake until all pieces are well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool.

Sausage Balls are among my family's favorites. In fact I'm preparing some for my open house this week. I usually bake them on parchment paper - easy clean up!!

Thanks for the parchment idea! I always forget to use it.:D

Is that recipe for muddybuddys the same as what I call Puppy chow only it uses only Crispex cereal?

Yes!! (Well almost positive)

i LOVE puppy chow. it is evil!

Yes....Very!!! I suggest making a 1/2 batch if you are keeping it around the house ;-)

My husband has also requested this one although it is not a finger food snack (lol)CHOCOLATE ÉCLAIR

2 BOXES OF FRENCH VANILLA PUDDING
12 OZ. COOL WHIP
1 BOX OF GRAHAM CRACKERS
2 ¾ CUP OF COLD MILK
1 CAN OF MILK CHOCOLATE ICING

BREAK CRACKERS IN HALF AND LINE A 9x13 PAN.

MIX PUDDING AND MILK WITH A WHISK UNTIL BLENDED. ADD COOL WHIP AND MIX.

POUR ONE-HALF OF MIXTURE OF CRACKERS. ADD ANOTHER LAYER OF CRACKERS. POUR REMAINDER OF MIXTURE OVER CRACKERS.

MELT APPROXIMATELY 2 TABLESPOONS OF ICING AND DRIZZLE. MELT MORE CHOCOLATE AND PUT ON TOP IF YOU WANT.

sending your goodies out and aboutI know that most of us are doling this so here is some good hints and tips...

How to Store and Pack Cookies for Mailing

Whether it’s a care package for a college student, a goody box for someone in the military or way to say “happy holidays” to a friend or relative, there’s nothing like opening a batch of freshly baked cookies.

The good folks at Kraft Foods offer these guidelines for storing, packing and mailing cookies this holiday season:

1. Always cool cookies before storing or packaging into a container. Packaging warm cookies will allow too much moisture to get trapped inside the package.

2. Store the cookies in an airtight plastic container, one that allows ample room and no “overcrowding” of the cookies.

3. Do not store soft cookies (such as chocolate chip or oatmeal) with hard or crunchy cookies (like biscotti or shortbread). The moisture in the soft cookies will make the biscotti soft and visa versa.

4. Package cookies for gift giving or mailing in airtight hard containers. Re-sealable plastic bags or wraps are not a good idea unless hand delivering.

5. Harder cookies tend to mail the best but may be subject to breakage if packed too tightly, so leave ample room. Cookies should be packed snuggly, not overstuffed but also not under packed.

6. Delicate cookies such as meringues are not good candidates to ship. Choose sturdy, heavier cookies.

7. Most cookies are best at their freshest, so it’s a good idea to express mail your handmade delectables.

8. If there is room in the container, fill spaces between the cookies with crumbled wax paper, which will not cause moist cookies to dry out.

9. Pack the container or tin with cookies in a larger cardboard box for shipping. Place air popped popcorn (no butter please) on the bottom, top and around the sides. Use a lot. Popcorn is cheaper and more degradable than shipping peanuts and won’t crush like crumbled paper.

10. Label the outside of the box as “breakable” and mark “this side up.” You cannot be assured that your package will be handled as such, but adding this caution can’t hurt.

Holiday Baking!!!I love it!! I have 16 Christmas tins to fill this year for families at my church and two sets of grandparents.

I love to make Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies, Brownies, Small cakes in my Mini fluted pan, Cupcakes in the silicone cupcake pan, Homemade fudge, homemade caramel corn, sugared nuts, meats, cheeses and fruit also.

I love decorating those boxes and filling them up. My husband is in charge of the Christmas lights. We don't do a Christmas tree but we read about Christ's birth to the kids and then thank Him in prayer for His many wonderful blessings and the provision for our family all year long. Then the kids open one small present on Christmas eve, and the rest in the morning.

I love to make a Christmas ham, honey glazed carrots, roasted corn, and twice baked potatoes!!!

Debbie :D

Last edited:
I LOVE Muddy Buddies too!! I think it is gross to call it puppy chow, but it is the same thing. I can eat the whole bag myself!

If only WIC knew what I was doing with their Chex and peanut butter!!

Ok...can I get the recipe for this? It sounds..uh, interesting!!

jenniferknapp said:
I like baking too!! Last night I made Chex Muddy Buddies....mmmmm!

Ingredients:

9 cups Chex cereals (Corn, Rice and/or Wheat)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup margarine
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
Directions:
1. Pour cereals into large bowl; set aside.

2. In 1-quart microwave-safe bowl combine semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter, and margarine. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring after 1 minute. Stir in vanilla.

3. Pour chocolate mixture over cereals, stirring until all pieces are evenly coated. Pour cereal mixture into a large resealable plastic bag with powdered sugar. Seal securely and shake until all pieces are well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool.

Can you make this recipe w/o the peanut butter or make a substitution for it? My daughter can't have peanut butter.

Thanks,
Irene

Muddy Buddies is my all time favorite Christmas treat!!

Fudge...
super easy recipe..

2 c whatever choc chips you like (semi sweet, milk, etc), 1/3 c sweetened condensed milk, 1 T milk, 1 tsp vanilla.. Melt this in a double boiler (or easier yet.. in the microwave. I just tried this yesterday.. made this in record time)

Pour this in to a foil lined square baker.

Take 2 more cups chips (another flavor, peanut butter works great, or milk if you used semi sweet before, etc) the remander of the can of sweetened condensed milk, 1 T milk, 1 tsp vanilla. Melt this and pour over top the first choc layer.

Cool 2 hours, cut into pieces.
Super easy, and if you used different chocolates, you can arrange them on the plate alternating sides. People actually think you make two kinds of fudge.

Nuts are a great add in, dried cherries in the semi sweet chocolate would be great... then you could do the second layer with milk chocolate and pecans. Just one idea.

I also make rum balls, but that's another story.

Speaking of Paula Dean...

What do I see today when I flip her on....

A Brownie Banana Split Pizza....

Same recipe as ours... only she didn't explain how to get a large round flat brownie.

Still love her... she made some casserole with ham, cheese and bananas. I might have to try that for brunch someday. She was raving about it.

ILOUANGOUDOM said:
Can you make this recipe w/o the peanut butter or make a substitution for it? My daughter can't have peanut butter.

Thanks,
Irene

I've never tried it with anything else, but probably add extra butter and chocolate, divided, to equal the missing PB?? Good luck, I hope that she can enjoy these awesome and addictive snacks!

I wonder if Muddie Buddies would be good with Nutella instead of Peanut Butter. Has anyone here ever tried Nutella? It is sin in a jar.

jrstephens said:
CHOCOLATE ÉCLAIR

2 BOXES OF FRENCH VANILLA PUDDING
12 OZ. COOL WHIP
1 BOX OF GRAHAM CRACKERS
2 ¾ CUP OF COLD MILK
1 CAN OF MILK CHOCOLATE ICING

BREAK CRACKERS IN HALF AND LINE A 9x13 PAN.

MIX PUDDING AND MILK WITH A WHISK UNTIL BLENDED. ADD COOL WHIP AND MIX.

POUR ONE-HALF OF MIXTURE OF CRACKERS. ADD ANOTHER LAYER OF CRACKERS. POUR REMAINDER OF MIXTURE OVER CRACKERS.

MELT APPROXIMATELY 2 TABLESPOONS OF ICING AND DRIZZLE. MELT MORE CHOCOLATE AND PUT ON TOP IF YOU WANT.

Oh my goodness...this is my FAVORITE dessert of all time!!!!!!!!!! My mom made this all the time while we were growing up and I still love it to this day.

I just made Chocolate eclair for Thanksgiving. I made my own chocolate frosting though.

Here is a yummy Holiday (or anytime, really) cake

Better Than Sex Cake

1 German chocolate or other chocolate cake, baked, 13x9x2-inch
3/4 cup fudge topping
3/4 cup caramel topping
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
6 chocolate covered toffee bars
1 tub of whipped topping

Do not remove cake from pan. After the cake has cooled, make holes in the entire top of the cake using a large fork or the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour (one at a time) fudge, caramel, and condensed milk over the top of the cake and let each flavor soak in before adding the next. Crush 3 of the candy bars and sprinkle on the top. Frost the cake with the whipped topping and crush the 3 remaining toffee bars to decorate the top.

The name really does say it all! ;)

thechefofnorthbend said:
Here is a yummy Holiday (or anytime, really) cake

Better Than Sex Cake

1 German chocolate or other chocolate cake, baked, 13x9x2-inch
3/4 cup fudge topping
3/4 cup caramel topping
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
6 chocolate covered toffee bars
1 tub of whipped topping

Do not remove cake from pan. After the cake has cooled, make holes in the entire top of the cake using a large fork or the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour (one at a time) fudge, caramel, and condensed milk over the top of the cake and let each flavor soak in before adding the next. Crush 3 of the candy bars and sprinkle on the top. Frost the cake with the whipped topping and crush the 3 remaining toffee bars to decorate the top.

The name really does say it all! ;)

Ooooh...this is a great one too! I've seen different versions of this title, but this recipe is the best IMHO.

ILOUANGOUDOM said:

Thanks,
Irene

Can she have other nut butters? I substitute Almond butter, Cashew butter, and Macadamia butter frequently in recipes calling for peanut butter (like for no-bake cookies) and it always works for me!

ChefBeckyD said:
Can she have other nut butters? I substitute Almond butter, Cashew butter, and Macadamia butter frequently in recipes calling for peanut butter (like for no-bake cookies) and it always works for me!

Where can we get all these "alternative" flavors? I'd love to use them just to jazz up the taste a littl bit. I live in a wee small town and we dont have a TJ ANYWHERE or a specialty market...

thechefofnorthbend said:
Where can we get all these "alternative" flavors? I'd love to use them just to jazz up the taste a littl bit. I live in a wee small town and we dont have a TJ ANYWHERE or a specialty market...

Actually, I usually get mine at the Local Health Food store - although I have noticed the big chain store in the area has begun carrying some different nut butters! I just thought if her daughter can't have PB, it may be due to an allergy, and she may already be using some of the alternatives in place of PB....we LOVE almond butter and cashew butter at our house! I buy East Winds brand - they do have a website (just checked the jar!:D ) www.eastwindnutbutters.com
HTH!

ChefBeckyD said:

I've never heard or seen any of those other butters before, but she should be fine with them, I think. She has really bad eczema, too, so she's sensitive to some foods. Unfortunately, a lot of the food that she likes makes her eczema flare up...and she loves to eat! Where can I find these other types of butter?

Thanks,
Irene

All three of my boys are allergic to ALL nuts! (except me;). I use Soy Bean Butter. It looks just like peanut butter and has about the same consistency. I don't really care for it, but they eat it everyday, yes eveyday, for lunch. I buy it at Trader Joes (no help to some, sorry), but I thought at least it was another food to look for. HTH.

I'm making pfefferneuse for my cookie exchange.

Chex mix is a perennial favorite.

So is chocolate orange fudge with cranberries. (I use Rachael Ray's 5-minute fudge recipe.)

I'll be making more mini fruitcake bites soon. None of us like fruitcake, but these little mini muffins are FABULOUS! I'm not at home right now, so I don't have the recipe handy. If anyone wants it, let me know.

This time of year I also add a teaspoon of pure orange extract to my chocolate chip cookies. The taste of chocolate and orange together just screams CHRISTMAS to me.

Karen Hodge said:
I wonder if Muddie Buddies would be good with Nutella instead of Peanut Butter. Has anyone here ever tried Nutella? It is sin in a jar.

I haven't made the recipe with Nutella, but I just wanted to chime in that I love it too! My husband can tell when I'm pregnant, because it's what I crave. Nutella on toast, yummmmm......... :)

The Chocolate Hazelnut Cake that was in the last SB is my new fave. I just got the fluted stone for it too!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
MaryannNic
Replies
Views
sharalam