• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the scoop on celebrities and their own product lines?

International Culinary Center tested some of the celebrity cookware. They tested Todd English, Marcus Samuelsson, Rachael Ray, Emeril Lagasse and Wolfgang Puck. Interesting to know the the GreenPan with Todd English's name on it is the exact same as Martha Stewart's... only difference is the name on the package. They said that the pans chipped and scorched easily. Rachael Ray's review said that the handle caught on fire and had the worst scorching problems. Emeril's review said that they liked the copper/aluminum
chefkathy
Several former PC consultants went to TOHE. Inquiring minds want to know.

DH=Diane Hastings

JG=???

KB=?????

Hmmm... not sure. I definitely know that Diane Hastings was one as she was featured on the cover of Empowering Women when they did TOHE.I do know this (gossip) that there was (at least one) ED that left to go to TOHE and were promised that they would exceed PC financially, more perks, etc. When that didn't pan out, the ED asked PC to come back and retain her downline. PC said no, she could sign as a consultant and work her way back up. Not sure if she ever came back to PC and I don't know who it was.Also, when they were kicking off, my director, when she was in the HO lead pool, got at least three calls from TOHE reps asking her to join. They knew that through out lead system, they would get a hold of directors and tried to recruit that way.

finley1991 said:
Hmmm... not sure. I definitely know that Diane Hastings was one as she was featured on the cover of Empowering Women when they did TOHE.

I do know this (gossip) that there was (at least one) ED that left to go to TOHE and were promised that they would exceed PC financially, more perks, etc. When that didn't pan out, the ED asked PC to come back and retain her downline. PC said no, she could sign as a consultant and work her way back up. Not sure if she ever came back to PC and I don't know who it was.

Also, when they were kicking off, my director, when she was in the HO lead pool, got at least three calls from TOHE reps asking her to join. They knew that through out lead system, they would get a hold of directors and tried to recruit that way.

Boy, that's some nerve! When my upline left they were told by PC that they could never come back. That's from her though. Argh!! I've already said more than I should on this subject.

what is TOHE?? I have been off of CS for sometime now as I just can't take the drama! I know you guys will dilute it for me though!

Taste of Home Entertaining

never heard of that one! is it pretty new or have I been under the proverbial rock?

hmmm, guess it's been around for at least 2 ish years, maybe 3. I don't like their stuff, and most of it's pretty expensive.

Some of the things they carry, like the Mario Batali items, can be purchased other places. I'd be bummed if I was a consultant for a company where someone could get the EXACT SAME THING somewhere else.

I've become a major cynic when it comes to celebrity chef 'products' anyway. It's often an average item without anything special or unique. Rarely do these folks say, 'hey, I'd like to creat my own line of kitchen tools'. Instead there are approached by marketers with liscensing agreements. Everyone in the promotional chain gets a cut, so I have to wonder what the product's actual value is.
(Of course, now that I've said this, watch them announce a major chef affiliation at Leadership!:eek:)

Even if they did add a major chef affiliation we don't sell junk. Our standards are too high.

legacypc46 said:
I've become a major cynic when it comes to celebrity chef 'products' anyway. It's often an average item without anything special or unique. Rarely do these folks say, 'hey, I'd like to creat my own line of kitchen tools'. Instead there are approached by marketers with liscensing agreements. Everyone in the promotional chain gets a cut, so I have to wonder what the product's actual value is.
(Of course, now that I've said this, watch them announce a major chef affiliation at Leadership!:eek:)

Most of the celebrity-endorsed items are regular items with the celebrity name on it.

Back in June the WSJ had an article about comparing cookware... here's the gist of it:

Three people from Manhattan's International Culinary Center tested some of the celebrity cookware. They tested Todd English, Marcus Samuelsson, Rachael Ray, Emeril Lagasse and Wolfgang Puck.

Interesting to know the the GreenPan with Todd English's name on it is the exact same as Martha Stewart's... only difference is the name on the package. They said that the pans chipped and scorched easily.

Rachael Ray's review said that the handle caught on fire and had the worst scorching problems. Emeril's review said that they liked the copper/aluminum base but were afraid that it would separate over time, the alum was too light and prone to denting and that the saute pan tipped from its heavy handle. Emeril's pans are made by All-Clad.

They said Wolfgang Puck's pans were like not having lids because of the spouts on both sides... good concept but not really great for cooking, the handles were flimsy and the handles hung too low making them hot. They also thought that 4 pieces of the 11 piece set being utensils was a little bogus. Puck's response was that they tested an "old" set and that he has since updated his set.

They gave the best review to Marcus Samuelsson's set. This also is the most expensive. That basically was their only complaint but raved about everything else.

Note: I believe that PC's stainless is made by the same company as Samuelsson's but am not 100% sure.

I couldnt help myself....I went to TOHE's website. I was looking around at their product and the knifes look cheap as well as there serving section.
I have to so say I LOVE PC. I had only signed up for the product in the kit. That was close to 3 years ago.

Great points! Like I said, I'm just a bit of a cynic when celebrities have their own line of anything. Endorsements I'm a little more comfortable with (except when its something completely out of their realm of expertise). Of course, if PC partners with someone, they'd be sure the PC name stayed credible! :)

1. What is Tohe and how does it relate to Pampered Chef?

Tohe is a popular thread on the Pampered Chef community forum, also known as "Cs". It is a place for consultants and customers to discuss current topics, ask for advice, and share tips and tricks related to Pampered Chef products and business.

2. How can I participate in the Tohe thread on Cs?

To join in on the conversation, simply visit the Cs forum and search for the "Tohe" thread. You can also post your own questions or comments within the thread by clicking on the "Reply" button.

3. Are there any guidelines for posting on the Tohe thread?

Yes, we ask that all participants follow our community guidelines when posting on the Tohe thread. This includes being respectful and kind to others, avoiding controversial or offensive topics, and staying on topic.

4. Can I find helpful information on products and recipes in the Tohe thread?

Absolutely! The Tohe thread is a great resource for finding reviews, tips, and recipes from fellow Pampered Chef enthusiasts. You can also ask for recommendations or share your own experiences with products.

5. Is the Tohe thread monitored by Pampered Chef employees?

Yes, our moderators and team members regularly check the Tohe thread to ensure that all posts are appropriate and comply with our community guidelines. We also use this thread to gather feedback and suggestions from our customers and consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jules711
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • Sheila