• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Cheapest and Best Cookware Recipe You Know?

Thanks, Ann.I can't remember total cost, but always a huge hit when I make it is the Lemon Chicken Pasta Toss. I'll have to find the recipe and post it.
jrstephens
I want to showcase cookware during Panorama. I have a host that said she wanted something cheap. Don't we all?:D

What do y'all suggest other than the skillet brownie? I know we have talked that one to death. :cool:

I have looked at the Skillet Document in the recipe files.

What are y'all making to promote cookware?

In the F/W 07 Sb.....dont have it on me at the moment, they have the new recipe with the Ramen Noodles....HTH

Yeah- that one can be really cheap if you use chicken in it instead of the pork. And it makes a lot. (The recipe is posted with the fall theme show info on CC.)

The Green Chile Frittata wasn't too bad, either. The ingredient list (with my notes) is below:

3 cups yellow corn tortilla chips (about 40 chips), coarsely crushed (can use the cheapies, doesn't use a whole bag)
1½ cups salsa verde (green salsa) (probably the most expensive thing in the whole recipe, and it's only $3 or so)
½ lime
12 eggs
¾ cup milk
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend, divided
2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large poblano or green bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
1 small garlic clove, pressed
1 cup diced cooked chicken (Can use a large can of chicken, or leftover cooked chicken)
1 plum tomato, sliced

People request the garlic bites at my shows! I make a pasta bake ahead of time in the rectangular baker and make the garlic bites as a super quick demo. The whole thing costs less than $10 for a full meal for the guests. I have to be stronger in talking about the products I didn't use because I don't use many, but my show average hasn't really suffered...

chefann said:
The Green Chile Frittata wasn't too bad, either. The ingredient list (with my notes) is below:

3 cups yellow corn tortilla chips (about 40 chips), coarsely crushed (can use the cheapies, doesn't use a whole bag)
1½ cups salsa verde (green salsa) (probably the most expensive thing in the whole recipe, and it's only $3 or so)
½ lime
12 eggs
¾ cup milk
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend, divided
2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large poblano or green bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
1 small garlic clove, pressed
1 cup diced cooked chicken (Can use a large can of chicken, or leftover cooked chicken)
1 plum tomato, sliced

This is one of my favorite recipes to do at a show. You can make it less expensive (and I think it tastes better) by leaving out the chicken.

chefann said:
Yeah- that one can be really cheap if you use chicken in it instead of the pork. And it makes a lot. (The recipe is posted with the fall theme show info on CC.)

You can also use a MUCH smaller amount of meat than the 2 lbs it calls for! I am sure you could get away with 1/2 to 3/4 of a pound, and just be sure to cut it into smaller chunks so it gets spread out through the noodles!

For the 8" Stainless saute' pan - I think it comes with a recipe to do a pizza in the pan using refrigerator biscuits......they demoed it during a general session, and it looks like it would be easy and cheap.

Great recipe
gilliandanielle said:
People request the garlic bites at my shows! I make a pasta bake ahead of time in the rectangular baker and make the garlic bites as a super quick demo. The whole thing costs less than $10 for a full meal for the guests. I have to be stronger in talking about the products I didn't use because I don't use many, but my show average hasn't really suffered...

I agree Gill,
I do the same thing when someone says Cheap or if I want something easy that will feed lots of people. I make the Pronto Pasta Bake which is great and the garlic bites!!

Debbie :D

Bumping for other suggestions. I want every show in Septembet to show cookware and maybe all of the Panorama months.

I did print of the Pronto Past Bake and will have to try that SOON.

There's a Broccoli Frittata in the 29 minute cookbook that would be a good demo. It uses the 10" skillet, but you could add a couple of eggs and make it in the 12".

mmm.... that sounds like a good dinner with a green salad and a roll. mmm...

If my darn SAT package would get here I could see it!!!!! :mad: Shipment changed today from being delivered tomorrow until now it is Tuesday.

Thanks, Ann.

I can't remember total cost, but always a huge hit when I make it is the Lemon Chicken Pasta Toss. I'll have to find it...it was in a Seasons Best a couple seasons ago. It's YUMMY:) The garlic bites would go good with it too.

italian pasta stir fry from about 10 years ago
don't remember if its in any cookbooks it was an old SB recipe

Just an FYI the 8" pan recipe that comes on the Use and Care card is Sauteed Chicken with Mushroom Sauce.

The pizza mentioned earlier is in the Special Edition on the page just to the left inside the back cover. It has the Garlic bites and the Sovetop Mini Pan Pizza on that page.

chef_kimmo said:
Just an FYI the 8" pan recipe that comes on the Use and Care card is Sauteed Chicken with Mushroom Sauce.

I am SO excited to hear that...they showed Chef Chris (or a video of him, I can't remember) at NC making that. It looked so yummy. I tried to re-create it from memory and it actually turned out pretty good. I can't wait to see the actual recipe!

Can anyone post the Pronto Pasta Bake? I can't find it.

ChefJeniLobdell said:
Can anyone post the Pronto Pasta Bake? I can't find it.
I found it on JoycesFineCooking.com ....there are a TON of PC recipes on there!

Pronto Pasta Bake

Submitted by Becky/Colo

12 oz. Rotini pasta, uncooked
2 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 jar (48 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 tsp dried basil leaves
2 oz. (1/2 cup) fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Chop zucchini with food chopper. Using garlic press, press garlic into classic 2-Qt batter bowl. Add zucchini, spaghetti sauce and basil. Grate Parmesan cheese. In 9 x 13 inch baker, layer one third of the spaghetti sauce mixture, half the pasta, one third of the sauce mixture and half of each of the cheeses. Repeat layers with remaining pasta, sauce and cheeses; cover with aluminum foil. Bake 45 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 5 minutes. Serve with toasted garlic bread if desired.

Yield: 8 servings

Butterscotch Pineapple Upsidedown cake.

Cheap since most ingredients are pantry staples

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
One 12-oz package (2 cups) butterscotch flavored morsels, divided
3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
Two 8-oz cans sliced pineapple, drained, reserving 3/4 cup juice
8 maraschino cherries
1 cup sugar
2 eggs

Cooking Instructions:
Mix dry ingredients, set aside. In 10-inch skillet over low heat, combine 1 cup butterscotch morsels and 1/4 cup butter. Stir until morsels are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Arrange pineapple and maraschino cherries in skillet. In large batter bowl bowl, combine sugar, remaining 1/2 cup butter and eggs and stir until creamy. Gradually stir in the flour mixture alternately with the reservered pineapple juice. Stir in remaining morsels. Pour over pineapple. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes. Immediately invert onto serving plate.

Kelly, thanks for posting the Pronto Pasta Bake!

The Turtle Fudge Skillet cake is extremely cheap with a big YUM and oooh factor. She could still come in under $10 at the right store and getting vanilla ice cream for the side.

Chef Kearns said:
The Turtle Fudge Skillet cake is extremely cheap with a big YUM and oooh factor. She could still come in under $10 at the right store and getting vanilla ice cream for the side.

I agree! and - It serves a TON of people!

i am trying to find one recipe and do the same one at all of my shows in september i have 17 shows on the calendar already so i thought if i kept it to one recipe that would be easiest. Should i focuse on the cookware or the CDB? I thought about doing the chicken or tenderloin in the mic and then doing the garlic and cin. bites but i keep hearing about host not having a big enought microwave and then that puts it at two recipes but they are relativly easy. i think i just need some advise. and what do you think is better the chicken or the pork tenderloin???

thank you so much
heather

What is the cheapest and best cookware recipe you know?

The cheapest and best cookware recipe that I know is a simple pasta dish. All you need is a pot to cook the pasta, a skillet to sauté some vegetables, and a colander to drain the pasta. This recipe is budget-friendly and can be customized with whatever vegetables or protein you have on hand.

Can I use non-stick cookware for this recipe?

Yes, you can definitely use non-stick cookware for this recipe. Non-stick cookware is great for cooking dishes that require minimal oil or butter, making it a healthier option. Just make sure to use utensils that are safe for non-stick surfaces to avoid damaging the coating.

Do I need to use expensive cookware for this recipe?

No, you do not need to use expensive cookware for this recipe. As long as your cookware is made of a durable material, such as stainless steel or cast iron, it should work just fine. You can also find affordable cookware options at Pampered Chef that are designed to last.

What is the best type of cookware for this recipe?

The best type of cookware for this recipe would be a heavy-bottomed pot or skillet. This type of cookware distributes heat evenly and prevents hot spots, ensuring that your dish cooks evenly. It also helps to prevent burning and sticking, making the cooking process easier.

Can I make this recipe in the oven?

Yes, you can make this recipe in the oven. You can use a baking dish or a Dutch oven to cook the dish in the oven. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly, as ovens tend to cook food faster than stovetops.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedmaren
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • cookingwithhart
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • Humble Beginnings