• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

F UP YOUR NEW YEAR: Healthy Skillet Recipes

In summary, the roaster is a great piece of cookware that can be used for a variety of different things.
beepampered
Okay, I'm looking for suggestions for January recipes. I have the family skillet but no other cookware so soup isn't really an option and I want something healthier and low-cal. Thanks for suggestions...BEE

You can do a stir-fry in the skillet.

The Green Chili Fritata is really good too - not sure that it's very low in fat though.

Do you have the roaster? It is the same volume as the stockpot, so you can use it for soup.

The Turtle Cake in the Family Skillet, or a Pineapple upside down cake would
be fast and easy. You'd bake them in the oven for approximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Just be sure that you use hotpads our Trivet potholders,
when removing them from the oven, and under them when you set it on the cookie rack to cool. Those handles are HOT! One hostess did the favor of
taking the cake out of her oven - without the trivets I had set on the stove,
and got a nasty burn on her hand. I believe you can find the Turtle cake
in our recipe section. It is a regular Chocolate cake mix, prepared in the Family Skillet. The topping was 1/2 jar of Smucker's Caramel Topping, and one container (16 oz.) Chocolate Frosting. Warm the frosting in your microwave, and stir in the caramel topping. Pour over the cooled cake, and
sprinkle with chopped nuts or decorate with strawberry slices with the points toward the edges and a star pattern in the center. It will get raves!

Do you have the "It's Good For You" cookbook? The Pronto Pizza Burgers in there are YUMMY! We have them about 1-2 times a month at our house! You could use smaller french bread pieces and make mini ones for your shows.

Paige Dixon said:
Do you have the roaster? It is the same volume as the stockpot, so you can use it for soup.

Do you cook soup in the roaster? How does it come out?

ChefBeckyD said:
Do you have the "It's Good For You" cookbook? The Pronto Pizza Burgers in there are YUMMY! We have them about 1-2 times a month at our house! You could use smaller french bread pieces and make mini ones for your shows.

Can you post this? "It's Good For You" is one of the few cookbooks I do not have.

Here are some recipes (the rest have been posted in the "by product" thread

Attachments

• Family Skillet Recipes.doc
    60 KB · Views: 304
"light" apple strudelI just made a new recipe that would the use cookware and you also use a stone. It is not a PC recipe it is from one of my Weight Watchers cookbooks so it is a light recipe. At 2 points per serving anyone on WW will LOVE this. I will write it as written in the cookbook and you can adjust it to use with our great PC tools!

Apple Strudel

1-1/2 lbs granny Smith Apples cut into 1/2 in cubes
2T granulated sugar
1/4 C water
1t vanilla extract
3/4t cinnamon
1/4t ground ginger
4 (12 X 17 in) sheets phyllo dough at room temp Cover w/ plastic wrap to prevent drying out
3 T confectioners sugar
1t orange juice

Preheat oven to 350

Spray skillet w/ non-stick spray (don't have to using our pans!!) and set over med-high heat. Add apples and granulated sugar; cook stirring occasionally, about 3 min. Stir in the water, vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger. Cook until nthe apples are tender and the liquid has evaporated, 4-5 min. Remove from heat cool 10 min.

PLace on sheet of dough on clean dry work surface. Spray lightly w/ nn-stick sprayand top with second sheet. Repeat with remaining sheets. Spoon apples along long side of dough, 2 inches from the edge. Fold the short side o the dough over the apples and roll up from the long end jelly roll style. Place on baking sheet and spray lightly with nonstick spray. Bake until golden and crisp, 17-19 min. Cool 10 min.

In a small bowl, combine confectioners sugar and orange juice until smooth. Drizzle over the strudel and serve warm.

Makes 6 servings 121 calories 0g fat

It is really yummy try it out!!

~Jenn

Future Director
WAVE 2

its_me_susan said:
Do you cook soup in the roaster? How does it come out?
Just put it on two burners and cook the soup! It's the most versatile piece of cookware we offer (and the most expensive!!!!). It can be a double burner griddle for grilled cheese, pancakes, etc. It can cook triple batches of everything (great for risotto shows), it can do huge batches of lasagna in the oven, soup on the stove... we should be selling one of these at every show!

Related to F UP YOUR NEW YEAR: Healthy Skillet Recipes

What are the top 5 frequently asked questions about "F UP YOUR NEW YEAR: Healthy Skillet Recipes"?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I frequently get asked the following questions about our "F UP YOUR NEW YEAR: Healthy Skillet Recipes" cookbook:

1. Can I use any type of skillet for these recipes?

Yes, you can use any type of skillet for these recipes. However, we recommend using a non-stick skillet for easier cleanup and to prevent ingredients from sticking to the pan.

2. Are these recipes suitable for special dietary needs?

Yes, our "F UP YOUR NEW YEAR: Healthy Skillet Recipes" offers a variety of options for those with special dietary needs. We have recipes that are gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. Each recipe also includes nutritional information for those watching their calorie intake.

3. Do I need to be an experienced cook to make these recipes?

No, these recipes are designed for cooks of all levels. We have included step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to make it easy for anyone to make delicious and healthy meals in a skillet.

4. Can I substitute ingredients in the recipes?

Yes, you can make substitutions to fit your personal taste and dietary needs. We have included alternative ingredients for common allergens and suggestions for ingredient swaps in the recipe notes.

5. Are these recipes quick and easy to make?

Yes, our "F UP YOUR NEW YEAR: Healthy Skillet Recipes" are designed to be quick and easy to make. Most recipes can be made in under 30 minutes, making them perfect for busy weeknights.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JessBarszcz
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • soulsing