• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the best base for a Black Forest Trifle?

In summary, the ingredients for a Black Forest Trifle include chocolate cake or brownies, cherry pie filling, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings. It can be made in advance, but it is recommended to assemble it within 24 hours of serving. Fresh cherries can be substituted for the pie filling and the trifle can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Any type of cake can be used, with chocolate, brownies, vanilla, or white being the most commonly used.
sunnygirl in nd
Do you use a devils food cake or brownies? I've seen both recipes.

I've made it both ways and I think I prefer the cake to the brownies. The cake absorbs more of the pie filling/juice flavor than the brownies do. But either way, this trifle is my favorite of all the ones PC has done so far.

Shari

I use the brownies as I like the fudgi-ness (is that a word) of them....This too is one of my favorites!

I use cake. It makes for a smoother texture. But, either works well.

I use cake-
I will bake the cake at the host home in the deep covered baker for 10 min.
turn it out cut it up- and pass some around to sample :)

Related to What's the best base for a Black Forest Trifle?

What are the ingredients for a Black Forest Trifle?

The ingredients for a Black Forest Trifle typically include chocolate cake or brownies, cherry pie filling, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings.

Can I make a Black Forest Trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make a Black Forest Trifle in advance. It is recommended to assemble the trifle within 24 hours of serving for the best results.

Can I substitute the cherry pie filling with fresh cherries?

Yes, you can substitute the cherry pie filling with fresh cherries. Simply pit and chop the fresh cherries and use them in place of the pie filling.

How long can I store a Black Forest Trifle in the refrigerator?

A Black Forest Trifle can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It is best to cover it with plastic wrap or foil to prevent it from drying out.

Can I use a different type of cake for a Black Forest Trifle?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake for a Black Forest Trifle. Chocolate cake or brownies are the most commonly used, but you can also use vanilla or white cake for a different flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • ChefJoyJ