• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's So Special About Grey's Anatomy?

In summary, Debbie and I don't watch Grey's Anatomy. We think it is a great show and we are addicted to it.
pcchris
Silver Member
I'm beginning to wonder if I am the only person in the universe that does NOT watch Grey's Anatomy! I see so many posts about it, and all of my friends watch Grey's. Is there anyone else out there that doesn't watch it, or am
I an island to myself? (how lonely...giggle giggle)

I don't watch itI don't watch it. No you are not on an island all by yourself. If you are, then I must be on the other side...LOL

I just choose not to watch TV period. I have better things to do with my time. Like get on here, take care of four kids, clean this house, spend time with the hubby (we just got done playing chess), playing board games, and working on my business!! LOL
I do watch christian or family friendly DVD's or cartoons with the kids from time to time. But that's it.

Debbie :D

It is the best show on earth! I saw one episode (the 2nd of the whole series) and was hooked. Now 3 years later I NEVER miss an episode and throw fits if hosts insist on Thursdays!

I am completely addicted.. :) I guess it is like a ER meets Soap Opera which makes it so addicting. :D Maybe you should join "our side"? lol.

You are not aloneI don't watch it either!! I have seen a couple of episodes because what I normaly watch was a re-run, It was ok.

I have only seen the last two episodes, but still miss so much of it, that I have not gotten hooked yet. Although, I did see Meridith hit the water and saw them trying to revive her. I might watch next week, IF I remember. I won't stay home or anything to watch it though.

I guess that makes 4 out of ...... how many are on Chef Success?

I LOVE GREY'S!!!! I have been watching since the beginning and I couldn't believe last nights show. They cannot kill her off! And who was that dead person in the body bag that they were taking a picture of? Was that the ladies missing son???

You aren't alone! I don't watch it either.
My hubby and I tape 24 and Lost to watch them together some time when we have time.

I have seen it a couple times - but don't "watch" it....Thursdays are one of my main show nights. But speaking of islands.....I NEVER miss Lost! :D :D :D

DebbieSAChef said:
I don't watch it. No you are not on an island all by yourself. If you are, then I must be on the other side...LOL

I just choose not to watch TV period. I have better things to do with my time. Like get on here, take care of four kids, clean this house, spend time with the hubby (we just got done playing chess), playing board games, and working on my business!! LOL
I do watch christian or family friendly DVD's or cartoons with the kids from time to time. But that's it.

Debbie :D

I think that is great Debbie!!! I try not too watch too much myself. I do love Grey's though!!

chefkristin said:
I LOVE GREY'S!!!! I have been watching since the beginning and I couldn't believe last nights show. They cannot kill her off! And who was that dead person in the body bag that they were taking a picture of? Was that the ladies missing son???

No, George found the missing son....Callie was operating on him!

I didn't watch Grey's for the first year & a half, then watched one episode & got hooked!

Wasn't the person in the body bag the pregnant lady?

pamperedgirl3 said:
Wasn't the person in the body bag the pregnant lady?

YES it was. The guy in the clinic's wife.

It's kind of like yummy foods for me - Don't try a taste and you won't become addicted. My Dad and I were talking one day and it was so funny.
Apparently they happened on the show as they were flipping channels and he described it as this doctor show where everyone is hving sex with everyone else.
Lately I have been so busy I have barely had time for TV anyway - Oops I just realized Keith URban is supposed to be on the Today show this morning Hope I didn't miss it I LOVE KEITH'S MUSIC

I don't watch Grey's either but I must admit, I've watched 2 episodes and I want to watch it.;)

Lost
ChefBeckyD said:
I have seen it a couple times - but don't "watch" it....Thursdays are one of my main show nights. But speaking of islands.....I NEVER miss Lost! :D :D :D

Lost is my favorite! ....But I am also hooked on Grey's.:D

I don't watch Grey's. I've never seen an episode and frankly am not intriqued at all. I do watch t.v. I need to zone out for a little bit before I go to bed. Being a virtual single parent during the week is TOUGH!! My hat is off to you real single parents out there! We have a DVR and I watch my shows at night after the kiddos are in bed. We don't watch a bunch of tv here, but I do watch some. I don't watch commercials. They are the devil!

Have never seen it...tried to remember what night its on, and then we usually end up watching a movie or something, so I forget. I too, dont watch allot of TV, and if I do its House and anything on The History Channel(s), Discovery(s), TLC, or Fox News.

All of my friends are crazy about it. I just have not had the time to get into it yet. I don't really watch any prime time shows except Survivor. I missed it last night because I was playing Bunco.
I am with you chefkearns on the commercials. We press mute as soon as they start. My best friend has Tivo and gets to watch all her shows at night after the children are in the bed. They cut out all of the commercials.

I'm a "Survivor" girl too...I know I hear everyone talk about Greys' Anatomy and Lost, and "24"...I do not watch any of these shows! I guess I'm missing it! A LOT of my shows are on Thursdays...so I don't get to watch too much TV on Thursday nights (of course...when survivor is on!) I used to watch Nip/Tuck, but it got too weird. I've had people tell me on the phone "gotta go, Greys' Anatomy is coming on". Like, thanks a lot. A TV show is more important? Whatever.............I know where I stand!! LOL!!!

I do watch it, but to be honest, that is the only tv show that I watch all week! (Never seen Lost either).

The only time I generally have the tv on is for the kids (PBS...Clifford, Curious George), when I'm trying to get something done (like make dinner!)

Last night at Bunco we were running late and did not finish the game because they all had to get home to watch Greys. The host basically shoved us out the door so she could go watch. Too Funny! I guess I need to watch and see what I have been missing.

Oh yeah, babe!!
thechefofnorthbend said:
Have never seen it...tried to remember what night its on, and then we usually end up watching a movie or something, so I forget. I too, dont watch allot of TV, and if I do its House and anything on The History Channel(s), Discovery(s), TLC, or Fox News.

Darby..... I LOVE LOVE LOVE "House"! Forgot all about that one....just because I try to never miss it!! I still do, but when it's on, i hope my phone doesn't ring!

pcchris said:
Darby..... I LOVE LOVE LOVE "House"! Forgot all about that one....just because I try to never miss it!! I still do, but when it's on, i hope my phone doesn't ring!

O yeah = that's the other show I LOVE...besides Lost. I just love Hugh Laurie as
House. And then someone mentioned on here one time that he is also the dad in the Stuart Little movies - I had never placed that before - and we watch Stuart on a daily basis here!

UGH! Now I have to go upstairs and look for my daughter's Stuart Little movie...I think he's a fabulous actor...never knew until about 3 months ago that he is british! would never know by how he talks as Dr. House...what a talent!

pcchris said:
UGH! Now I have to go upstairs and look for my daughter's Stuart Little movie...I think he's a fabulous actor...never knew until about 3 months ago that he is british! would never know by how he talks as Dr. House...what a talent!
That he can go from being Mr. Little to House and no trace of his accent...WOW! I think he is an amazing actor! My DH didn't even believe me when I told him - I had to show him the credits on both shows for him to believe it!

I think I was the one that mentioned he was the dad on Stuart Little... I think that is why I can't get into House. The only other thing I have seen him in is SL, so it is so weird to see him...uhhh, not like the dad in SL, LOL!!

I have never watched an episode of Grey's either.

I do love House, though. :)

Accent? What accent? He didn't have an accent in stuart little:confused:

luvs2sellit said:
Accent? What accent? He didn't have an accent in stuart little:confused:

Nope - no accent in Stuart OR House...but if you've ever seen him interviewed, or heard him at the Golden Globes.....a definite British Accent!

Never made it past the first 10 minutes of Grey's. Seemed to soap opera-ish to me.

pcchris said:

I happened to catch an old Friends rerun one night (the one where Rachel is going to tell Ross she still loves him and break up his wedding in England) and Hugh Laurie was the guy on the plane next to her. He does use his accent in that episode.

I didn't realize he was in Friends too! I know my DH was watching some movie the other day and Hugh Laurie was in it...with his British accent. I love British accents...but Aussie's are even better!!

I love Grey's. I can't say I watch any other show than this. I occasionally watch Dora, and such with my daughter. But Grey's is the best. I can't wait until next week...

reba515 said:
YES it was. The guy in the clinic's wife.
Was it a different pregnant woman or the one that Alex helped?

It was a different one in the morgue... the one Alex found is still alive for now.

I've lost interest...I can't relate I guess to single people sleeping around and trying to find meaning to life.

Someone's a Prude
TwinGirlsMom said:
I've lost interest...I can't relate I guess to single people sleeping around and trying to find meaning to life.

WOW. Its just a TV show!

If I wanted to watch something I could relate to, I'd watch Everybody Loves Raymond

Someone's a prude? Wow. Thanks.
Can one not simply state that the subject matter doesn't interest her/him--this is a thread called "What's the deal with Grey's"--without being insulted by a fellow consultant?

I guess my post is kind of snotty!

I just read the next episode is called Some Kind of Miracle... Merideth surviving would be some kind of miracle!

Sadly my life is most portrayed on Supernanny, LMAO!!

ChefJesssica said:
I guess my post is kind of snotty!

Ummm - more than that I think! TwinGirlsMom deserves an apology.

And in your defense TwinGirlsMom - I feel much the same way....and I am no prude!

I'm thinking Meridith will survive, her mom will die. Guess we will have to wait and see!

ChefJesssica said:
WOW. Its just a TV show!

If I wanted to watch something I could relate to, I'd watch Everybody Loves Raymond

LOLOL - I can't watch Raymond w/o feeling a huge sense of familiarity - LOLOLOL

Related to What's So Special About Grey's Anatomy?

1. What makes Grey's Anatomy so special?

Grey's Anatomy is a popular medical drama that has been on the air for over 15 years, making it one of the longest-running medical shows on television. It has a dedicated fan base and has won multiple awards for its compelling storytelling, diverse characters, and emotional impact on viewers.

2. Why does everyone seem to watch Grey's Anatomy?

Grey's Anatomy has a wide appeal due to its mix of drama, romance, and medical cases. It also tackles important social issues and has a diverse cast, making it relatable to a wide audience. The show also has a strong online presence, with active fan communities and social media engagement, which adds to its popularity.

3. Am I the only one who doesn't watch Grey's Anatomy?

No, you are not alone! While Grey's Anatomy has a large following, there are definitely people who do not watch the show. It's a matter of personal preference, and there are plenty of other popular shows that may not interest you, but that doesn't make your taste in TV any less valid.

4. Is there anything special about Grey's Anatomy that I'm missing out on?

If you don't watch Grey's Anatomy, you may be missing out on the emotional impact and character development that has kept fans invested in the show for so many years. However, everyone has different tastes, so if medical dramas or long-running shows aren't your cup of tea, you may not be missing anything that you would enjoy.

5. Should I start watching Grey's Anatomy?

Ultimately, the decision to watch Grey's Anatomy is up to you. If you enjoy medical dramas, diverse characters, and emotional storytelling, then it may be worth giving it a try. However, if it doesn't sound like something you would be interested in, there are plenty of other shows out there to explore.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Miss Cori
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies