• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tv Turnoff Week - up for the Challenge?

In summary, Screen Time - Future Turnoff Week is a week where people try to reduce how much TV they watch.
NooraK
Gold Member
I know I watch too much TV, and DH even more than I do. The DVR is our friend, and many nights are spent watching our shows.

The Center for Screen-Time Awareness does a TV Turnoff Week every year. This year it happened to start today:

Screen Time - Future Turnoff Week Dates

I don't know how, but I got DH to agree, and the TV has not yet been on today. Granted, we were at work for most of it so far, but we did not turn it on when we woke up to see the news, nor did we turn it on the minute we walked in the door. So far, so good.

Anyone else interested?

I'm joining you but not by choice! Our TV is broke and the part had to be ordered so it won't be fixed until later this week. I don't really watch much TV but the house seems so quiet at times without it.

Sorry - I couldn't do it - I need to watch Dancing with the Stars tonight!! Have fun to those who do it!

Off Track a little, but we do give up the television when we go to our house in Ireland - mostly because it only has 3 channels and re- runs of Dallas- LOL - but we do find we play more board games, card games and have more family time with the kids (we even get to break up more fights between them - LOL)

Well, I already watched the news so I have broken it. ;)I don't watch a LOT but watch the news and a few other things. DH also seems to like to watch the History Channel a lot and the news and a few other things.The good part...the kids are OUTSIDE playing right now! Yeah!
I was just finishing up some work and I'm about to join them.It is 60 degrees out still right now! Yeah again! ...but kind of odd that we still have snow on the ground!

Sorry but I watch the news everyday...

I can't give up my "The Office" or "American Idol." I do think I need to do a better job with the kids though. They are pretty much all Disney and PBS but it's way too much. Just bought some crafts and we are going to cook more. Now that the weather is good, we will get out more too. I, personally, couldn't give it up all together!
Jessica

If I don't watch this week... that means I will only watch double next week! I love my PVR.... :love:

I would be able to, except that LOST is off from Hiatus this week.

Of course, I could wait and just watch it on my computer......and keep the TV off. (Somehow, I don't think that is what the organizers of this event intended!)

We are watching very little TV these days, because the weather is nice, and it is staying light out later. Last night, by the time we dragged DS inside (he was "helping" Daddy & Grandpa with the remodel project outside), and got him bathed, had a snack and a short story - it was almost 10pm! Too much to do - not much time for TV!...Except for LOST!:D

1. What is TV Turnoff Week?

TV Turnoff Week is an annual event that encourages people to turn off their TVs and find alternative activities for one week. It aims to promote a healthier and more balanced lifestyle by reducing the amount of time spent watching TV.

2. When is TV Turnoff Week?

TV Turnoff Week typically takes place in the last week of April, although the exact dates may vary each year. This year, it will be from April 19-25.

3. Why should I participate in TV Turnoff Week?

Participating in TV Turnoff Week can have many benefits, including reducing screen time and promoting more active and social activities. It can also help improve relationships and overall well-being.

4. What are some alternative activities to watching TV?

There are many fun and engaging activities you can do instead of watching TV during TV Turnoff Week. Some ideas include spending time outdoors, reading a book, playing a board game, or trying a new hobby.

5. How can I join the TV Turnoff Week challenge?

To join the challenge, simply commit to turning off your TV for one week and finding alternative activities to do. You can also join the official TV Turnoff Week organization and pledge your participation on their website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tlennhoff
Replies
Views
raebates
  • rennea
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef