• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's on the Menu for Dinner on August 13th?

In summary, the conversation participants are sharing their dinner plans for the night. Some are making salmon cakes, banana bread, turkey burgers, pork chops, sweet potato fries, spaghetti, zucchini bread, Tex Mex chicken and rice, chicken pizza, BBQ ribs, chicken wings, manicotti, Picadilly Pockets, and chicken with AuGratin potatoes. Some are using homemade ingredients such as mole sauce and spaghetti sauce, while others are using store-bought items like turkey cranberry wreath and BBQ ribs. There is also a mention of a cat shelter and a diabetic cat that needs insulin. One person is embarrassed to say they are having Taco Bell.
rennea
Gold Member
Tonight I am making salmon cakes with lime dressing and a salad:chef:

Making banana bread today as well.

Grilled Turkey Burgers w/ corn-on-the-cob, and cucumber salad.

Okay - once again I've changed my mind. I just got groceries, and there were some really beautiful boneless pork chops on sale. I rarely buy pork, and DH loves pork chops....so I'm subbing the pork for the turkey.

We'll have Turkey Burgers and Sweet Potato fries tomorrow.

Last edited:
Oh sounds yummy Becky, I love turkey burgers :)

rennea said:
Oh sounds yummy Becky, I love turkey burgers :)

DH would probably rather have your salmon cakes - but I don't do salmon....the smell makes me want to hurl!:yuck:

So - he always orders it when we go out, and I have to sit next to him and smell it.:yuck::yuck:

Strange - because I love almost every kind of fish and seafood - except Salmon.

My DH still has nightmares about his mother's salmon loaf. I have never made salmon for him before because of this. We will see what happens. My Uncle catches salmon and cans it right away, no bones or skin at all. Very good! It's a nice day here so I'll have all the windows open, I'm not big on cooking smells in the house myself.

I think I'll use some of my homemade spaghetti sauce (from our garden tomatoes), homemamde pasta and some garlic bread.

I have some zucchini bread about to come out of the oven now... yum!

Tex mex chicken and rice skillet. A Family favorite! Served with an onion and tomatoe mediteranean bread

Oh gosh, I'm so embarrassed to answer this after reading all your posts - probably taco bell! It's my night at the cat shelter and then I have to go home and feed my kitties and give my diabetic cat his insulin shot then I have to clean my apartment for a cat shelter board meeting that I'm having there tomorrow night. Soooo... looks like it'll be a "run for the border" night for me!

I'm having an older recipe from PC. Mole chicken pizza. All the talk about mole in another thread made me want to try this one. I'm using homemade mole sauce though. LOL. Probably some roasted corn or something yummy. Cantelope with a little vanilla syrup for dessert.

I planned on Salmon w/poblanos, corn & onions (new cookbook recipe) but DH's stomach is totally upside down (I think he ate something bad for lunch yesterday - I swear it wasn't my cooking) so it may be something very basic instead like chicken and rice. All I know is I don't really like cooking tonight.

I am doing the PC turkey cranberry wreath recipe. I sampled it at another show, and I'm hoping mine will come out as good!

bbq ribs in the DCB!!! my DD's favourite meal :)

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
I'm having an older recipe from PC. Mole chicken pizza. All the talk about mole in another thread made me want to try this one. I'm using homemade mole sauce though. LOL. Probably some roasted corn or something yummy. Cantelope with a little vanilla syrup for dessert.

I've made this a few times and it's good:thumbup:

Chicken wings from SB. I had them last week and really liked them, so, I will do them again. Not sure what I am doing to go with them.

we are having manicotti w garlic bread!

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
I love that recipe, but my family didn't care for it.

I'm making Picadilly Pockets. I don't know where the name comes from, but the recipe is sooo yummy.

Picadilly Pockets (I use hamburger buns instead of pita pockets...less messy.)

1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 medium chopped onion
1 pressed garlic clove
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium tomatoes, diced or one 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup raisins, optional (I like them, family doesn't, we don't use them)
1/4 cup slivered almonds, optional (fam doesn't like these either)
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
pita bread or hamburger buns

Brown ground beef, onions and garlic in olive oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve in pitas or buns.

Chicken and AuGratin potatoes

JAE said:
I love that recipe, but my family didn't care for it.

I'm making Picadilly Pockets. I don't know where the name comes from, but the recipe is sooo yummy.

Picadilly Pockets (I use hamburger buns instead of pita pockets...less messy.)

1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 medium chopped onion
1 pressed garlic clove
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium tomatoes, diced or one 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup raisins, optional (I like them, family doesn't, we don't use them)
1/4 cup slivered almonds, optional (fam doesn't like these either)
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
pita bread or hamburger buns

Brown ground beef, onions and garlic in olive oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve in pitas or buns.

This sounds like the ingredients that would go into a English meat pie, thats probably were the name comes from.

Heading to Olive Garden soon to celebrate my b-day! Can't wait cause I am starving:)

I went over to my DD's to cook our dinner since she is due to be induced in the morning at 9 a.m. I fixed boneless/skinless breast tenderloins in the DDCB:love: with the Smokey Barbeque Rub on it; boiled corn on the cob (with the Corn Cob Nobs attached) in the 8-qt Covered Stockpot; and StoveTop Stuffing in the 3-qt covered Saucepan. We ate on the Outdoor Party Plates. She loves those and uses them for almost every meal since she got them. I bought her 6 for Mother's Day and she bought 6 in April so she has plenty now!:) She and her DH were so glad I did that. With all the PC things, clean up was SOOOOO easy too! I did load her dishwasher and start it before I left. I brought my grandson home with me again tonight so they can get as much rest as possible! YUMMM-YUMMMM!:chef:

We went to Friendly's for dinner tonight. We went to a zoo today (DH had the day off) with some friends and the kids wanted Friendly's so no cooking for me tonight!!

Gina M said:
Heading to Olive Garden soon to celebrate my b-day! Can't wait cause I am starving:)

Happy Birthday!

I'm a little ashamed (but not really) to admit my dinner tonight was a bar of dark chocolate and a diet coke with lime. DH is out of town and well, it felt great to have the total freedom to choose. Honest, I was just listening to my body and that's what it asked for. :)

legacypc46 said:
I'm a little ashamed (but not really) to admit my dinner tonight was a bar of dark chocolate and a diet coke with lime. DH is out of town and well, it felt great to have the total freedom to choose. Honest, I was just listening to my body and that's what it asked for. :)

Read a bit of the "Forgive me I have sinned" thread, and you will know that you aren't alone!:D

And what could be healthier than dark chocolate?

Related to What's on the Menu for Dinner on August 13th?

1. What is the "What's for Dinner?" meal plan for August 13th?

The "What's for Dinner?" meal plan for August 13th includes a delicious chicken stir-fry with vegetables, a refreshing summer salad, and a savory garlic bread.

2. Are the ingredients for the "What's for Dinner?" meal plan easy to find?

Yes, all of the ingredients for the "What's for Dinner?" meal plan can be found at your local grocery store. We strive to provide simple and accessible recipes for our customers.

3. How many servings does the "What's for Dinner?" meal plan make?

The "What's for Dinner?" meal plan is designed to make 4 servings, perfect for a family dinner or for meal prepping for the week.

4. What is the estimated cooking time for the "What's for Dinner?" meal plan?

The estimated cooking time for the "What's for Dinner?" meal plan is approximately 30 minutes. We understand that time is valuable, so we aim to provide quick and easy recipes for our customers.

5. Can I make any substitutions for the "What's for Dinner?" meal plan ingredients?

Yes, feel free to make any substitutions based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. Our recipes are versatile and can be adapted to fit your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies