• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Cooking at College? Shark and Mash?

In summary, Culinary Institute of Tuscany Capellini Pomodoro students are having pizza and garden salad.
rennea
Gold Member
Tonight we are having pizza and garden salad:chef:

Need to do this weeks baking, I think I'll make chocolate chip cookies and banana cream supreme.

I'm thinking this today:Culinary Institute of Tuscany Capellini Pomodoro
Prep Time:

10 minutes
Cook Time:

10 minutes
Serving Size: 4

Ingredients
14 oz capellini pasta (angel hair)
8 medium tomatoes, cut into ½” pieces
11 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
6 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Procedures 1. COOK capellini pasta according to package directions.
2. MIX diced tomatoes, chopped basil, garlic and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. DRAIN pasta. Toss pasta with tomato mixture in a sauté pan and heat throughout.
4. SERVE immediately.

Hmmm...I might have to travel to WI to dine with Janet! I'm trying the Beef Enchilada Pie from Its Good For You, using ground turkey instead of beef, and reduced-fat cheese.

I'm trying to plan out my meals for the week so I don't waste $ at the store and/or eat junk food.

susanr613 said:
Hmmm...I might have to travel to WI to dine with Janet! I'm trying the Beef Enchilada Pie from Its Good For You, using ground turkey instead of beef, and reduced-fat cheese.

I'm trying to plan out my meals for the week so I don't waste $ at the store and/or eat junk food.

UGH! My house is a mess! ...school started today...I was studying all last week...we went out and PLAYED yesterday! :D

But, if you can make it up, I'll have food! ;)

Turning left over hamburger patties into hamburger steak and gravy.

We are having Bertolli Chicken Parmigana, salad, and cheesy garlic toast.

Pork Chops on the grill!!

Grilled Chicken served on delicious fresh bread with fresh Jersey basil and my homegrown tomatoes, cheese optional

Maybe mayo or balsamic vinegar on the bread.

I cannot wait!

vwpamperedchef said:
Grilled Chicken served on delicious fresh bread with fresh Jersey basil and my homegrown tomatoes, cheese optional

Maybe mayo or balsamic vinegar on the bread.

I cannot wait!

Mmm...that would go good with my dinner. ;)

Fast Fajitas - its not school yet but the sports have started! Soccer x 2, Cheer x 1 and Field hockey - all different times! So its fast and easy in my house tonight!~

tomato basil soup
roast
potatoes/gravy
green bean bundles
& if I get time creamed cornleftover carrot cake from yesterday the new decadent cake mix is awesome!! (think its duncan hines)

my goodness teresa - you have courses! sounds wonderful!

I agree Susan. Sound a heck of a lot better than what I'm making. Tyson Chicken sandwiches and fries:)

susanr613 said:

don't know yet. Forgot to put anything out this morning. Had chicken last night.

We are having smoked Turkey Sausage with peppers and onions, a salad and cornbread muffins.

yes but its very hard to cook for the 3 of us. I just opened 3 cans of green beans to drain UGH!!!

susanr613 said:

She always does!!!! I think we should all make a road trip and see if she really makes what she says, 'cause she puts us all to shame! :p

Oh my goodness - I just realized I made Apple Cinnamon muffins in the mini fluted pan yesterday and didn't eat a single one for breakfast! Yikes!Oh well, there is always tomorrow!

I'll set an extra plate anytime!!

As I'm off to Walmart (it's the last day to donate school supplies) I think I will stop by Wendy's on my way home for a chicken sandwich and baked potato. Then home to do some laundry and watch 90210! What a fabulous way to spend a day off!

We had chicken sauteed with onions and some pre-made rice that I bought at Trader Joe's. It had chimichurri in it. That's a South American seasoning blend. It was really good - definitely going on the "buy again" list!

janetupnorth said:
I'm thinking this today:

Culinary Institute of Tuscany Capellini Pomodoro
Prep Time:

10 minutes
Cook Time:

10 minutes
Serving Size: 4

Ingredients
14 oz capellini pasta (angel hair)
8 medium tomatoes, cut into ½” pieces
11 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
6 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Procedures

1. COOK capellini pasta according to package directions.
2. MIX diced tomatoes, chopped basil, garlic and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. DRAIN pasta. Toss pasta with tomato mixture in a sauté pan and heat throughout.
4. SERVE immediately.

WOW!! This could not get any easier....

My chicken sandwich turned into a panini and my cousin and I thoroughly ENJOYED IT!

Rennea changed her dinner tonight to .....

PICKLES & ICE CREAM!!!!

Very funny!!!

Ginger428 said:
Rennea changed her dinner tonight to .....

PICKLES & ICE CREAM!!!!

Ha Ginger!!! Hope she continues this thread every day - it might get interesting to see what she is having for dinner for the next 9 months!

Missed the news? Go read Rennea's big news!

LMBO...its gonna get scarier & scarier!!!:yuck: :eek:

Oh you all just wait, I eat strange things to begin with :)

DH will come home and there be a big bottle of mayo and some cracker sitting on the table!! LMAO

rennea said:
Oh you all just wait, I eat strange things to begin with :)

DH will come home and there be a big bottle of mayo and some cracker sitting on the table!! LMAO

My DH would LOVE that for dinner....:grumpy:

OH YUCK!!! Bring home some of those awesome looking Pizzas you sell -

Can't wait for 4 months from now - Whats for dinner tonight??? it could be anything with all the pregos on CS!!! LOL - So happy for all of you - but aint missing it at all!

Maybe we should start a special recipe section. HA HA

This thread suddenly brings to mind the episode of Married With Children in which Peg was pregnant and developed a craving for tobaccy and clam ice cream. :yuck:

I think that is on the Prego group page.......... LOL!

Ginger428 said:
WOW!! This could not get any easier....

Nope and GOOD! It is an Olive Garden recipe!

For Rennea, she'll probably surprise us and eat "normal" food for a change!

i made sausage and mushroom calzones tonight. The recipe was in a SB from 06 i think. They were sooooo awesome!!!And super easy.

I didn't take the time to come here to post before dinner, but we had "parmesan chicken" the quick way. Chicken breasts baked with spaghetti sauce over the top. Then I sprinkled parmesan cheese over the spaghetti sauce. Served the chicken and sauce on top of the spaghetti.

Well, I changed too...I ended up at Taco Bell with DD when I picked her up...a little mother/daughter time and they owed me free food for screwing up an order...
Then, we just had a pizza snack...Capellini Pomodoro tomorrow now...

our son just called from college he had grilled shark and since his mom didn't send a mix and masher he made mashed potatoes in his blender!! I have been pretty impressed with the meals he's been cooking.

Teresa Lynn said:
our son just called from college he had grilled shark and since his mom didn't send a mix and masher he made mashed potatoes in his blender!! I have been pretty impressed with the meals he's been cooking.

Wow, he's going to find a wife at college really fast! ;)

Related to What's Cooking at College? Shark and Mash?

1. What is "What's Cooking at College?"

"What's Cooking at College?" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that provides easy and delicious recipes specifically catered towards college students living in dorms or apartments. It aims to help students learn how to cook simple and affordable meals using basic kitchen equipment.

2. What is Shark and Mash?

Shark and Mash is a popular recipe from "What's Cooking at College?" that features a delicious combination of pan-seared shark fillets and creamy mashed potatoes. It's a great dish for seafood lovers and those looking to add some variety to their meals.

3. What is on the menu for tonight's dinner?

Tonight's dinner will be pizza and garden salad. The pizza can be customized with your favorite toppings and the salad can be made with fresh vegetables and a homemade dressing for a healthy and satisfying meal.

4. What should I bake this week?

If you're looking for a sweet treat to bake this week, we suggest trying our chocolate chip cookies or banana cream supreme. Both recipes are easy to make and are sure to be a hit with your friends and roommates!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
merego
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Laura420
  • Intrepid_Chef