• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner? (June 9th): Easy Baking Ideas and Recipe Inspiration!

In summary, Becky is cooking dinner tonight and plans to have pizza. She is also thinking about trying spinach fajitas.
rennea
Gold Member
I think we are having fish and chips tonight. Nothing exciting:rolleyes:

We are building stairs today and I am painting the guest room, so something easy for sure.

Would like to do some baking before my company comes. Maybe tonight I'll whip up some cookies and banana bread:chef:

leftovers form sat nights grad party

Tentatively, Fajitas on the grill, but if it rains (possibility) I'll do something with spinach.:D

i don't know yet! haven't gotten that far into my day but i will post!

Saving my WW points for tonight----Coconut Chicken, rice and peas.

baked ziti, salad and rolls

pizza as I have a show tonight!

the plan is roasted turkey breast, mashed potatoes, gravy & homemade bread. We'll see if that actually happens or not! :D

The alternate is cheeseburger ring.

cluster meeting tonight...so leftover brisket and moroccan veggies/brown rice.

I am thinking super easy - pasta with tomato alfredo sauce from a jar plus leftovers. It is too hot to deal with anything else...

fajitas in the microwave w/ the dcb- it's still over 90 degrees out and no a/c here!:yuck:

chefsteph07 said:
fajitas in the microwave w/ the dcb- it's still over 90 degrees out and no a/c here!:yuck:

No AC? OMG!!:yuck: I would DIE here in Florida if my AC was broken!:grumpy:

Not a clue. My Hosp. meeting is tonight and I'm trying to justify the 100 mile round trip. Last meeting I went to was not very informative and I usually LOVE the meetings!

Dinner will probably be something fairly easy.

BBQ chicken, and salad, and couscous! Which reminds me Does anyone have a good recipe for homemade Blue Cheese Dressing????

BLUE CHEESE DRESSING

INGREDIENTS

2 1/2 ounces blue cheese
3 tablespoons buttermilk
3 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 clove garlic - crushed
salt and freshly ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS

1. In a small bowl, mash blue cheese and buttermilk together with a fork until mixture resembles large-curd cottage cheese. Stir in sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and garlic until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Note

Whole milk may be used in place of buttermilk for a milder flavor. Dressing may be refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to two weeks.

I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com - it is soooo good! The only change I made was to use fresh garlic. (the original recipe calls for powder)

ChefBeckyD said:
BLUE CHEESE DRESSING

INGREDIENTS

2 1/2 ounces blue cheese
3 tablespoons buttermilk
3 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 clove garlic - crushed
salt and freshly ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS

1. In a small bowl, mash blue cheese and buttermilk together with a fork until mixture resembles large-curd cottage cheese. Stir in sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and garlic until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Note

Whole milk may be used in place of buttermilk for a milder flavor. Dressing may be refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to two weeks.

I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com - it is soooo good! The only change I made was to use fresh garlic. (the original recipe calls for powder)

Thanks Becky!!!
OMG!!! I just KNEW it would be YOU to be the first one to respond to my post!!! I almost wrote "ChefBeckyD????" after I wrote out the question!!! LOL!!! Because you are always so helpful when we need recipes or anything else for that matter! Thanks again! You rock!:thumbup: :D

Jerk Nachos w/ left over steak! My son loves cheesy chips.Oh I am hungry!

PampMomof3 said:
No AC? OMG!!:yuck: I would DIE here in Florida if my AC was broken!:grumpy:

Amen! How did people survive down here without AC? :yuck: :cry: :eek:

Tonight's dinner is at Crisper's where we have our Cluster meetings! :chef:

Pizza. It's DS 5th bday today, so we are having pizza, cake, and ice cream.

I'm having a main dish of ticked off sister, with a side of cold shoulder salad and 'let me pack everything before you see what I'm taking' for dessert...

Okay - my plans for dinner totally changed!

This is why, although I can teach power cooking to others, I'm no good at it in my own kitchen! I cook on whim.

I was looking online for more spinach recipes - nothing was striking me as something I wanted to make, although there were a ton of great ideas posted here! So, I decided that meant today was just not supposed to be a spinach day. Anyway, while I was surfing, I stumbled across a recipe for slow cooked chicken and dumplings that sounded really good. I had chicken out thawing, in case we had fajitas on the grill, but it just keeps looking like it could rain, so I thought I would give this a try!

If it turns out okay - I'll post the recipe....I changed several things in the recipe, so hopefully it will be good!

So - Chicken and Dumplings, with cooked carrots, and a tossed salad.

I am baking hot wings. Not sure what we will have with it. We are bad about not having sides. A salad sounds good but I do not think I have any lettuce.

Kitchen Diva said:
I'm having a main dish of ticked off sister, with a side of cold shoulder salad and 'let me pack everything before you see what I'm taking' for dessert...

That is LOL funny!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kitchen Diva said:
Hey, sounds like what we had for dinner last night with a side dish of "canned whip ?ss, and a glass of smart mouth to wash it all down. PUt is DS who is a teen ager for sister.:yuck:

We're having grilled steak, with grilled potatoes .. fresh asparagus and spinach from the garden. Brownies for dessert.

Tonight we are having beans, cornbread and squash from the garden. It is cold and has been raining cats and dogs all day.:cry: And our mouthy DS is gone to 4H camp for the rest of the week.:love: Of course by tomorrow I will be missing him terriblely:rolleyes:

I don't know about the bbq chicken now.... I'm still making the salad and blue cheese dressing, but we are having a thunder storm as I type and it is pouring outside!:cry: I know I have the grill pan, and it is good but, there is nothing like the taste of a real bbq. And since my hubby got it up and going after a LONG WINTER, I have cooked dinner in the house, maybe 3 times in 2 weeks!
I might just change things up a bit.....

STUPID RAIN!!!

I'm getting tired of this weather, the moment I plan to be outside it RAINS :(

Still fish and chips for dinner, I think fish is fitting with all this rain;)

Yay! Dinner was beige! Grilled pork chops, yukon gold potatoes, and applesauce. :D

We had homemade spagetti sauce, pasta, salad and garlic bread! Yum!

Made Chinese Hamburger Hotdish in the Deep Covered Baker in the Microwave. Took 20 minutes instead of 1 hour in the oven!! WOHOOO it worked great!! Salad with it.

I made the roasted chicken and vegetables from one of the old Stoneware Sensations cookbooks. Can't remember which one, though. I think the More Stoneware Sensations. I didn't have any baking potatoes so I baked Ore Ida roasted potatoes on a separate pan. Half way through I moved the two pans around for even heating. Turned out great.

Related to What's for Dinner? (June 9th): Easy Baking Ideas and Recipe Inspiration!

1. What are some easy baking ideas for dinner?

Some easy baking ideas for dinner include sheet pan meals, like chicken and vegetable fajitas, or one-pot pasta dishes. You can also bake individual portions of meatloaf or shepherd's pie in a muffin tin for a fun twist on classic comfort foods.

2. Do you have any recipe inspiration for dinner tonight?

Absolutely! Our website has a variety of recipes for easy and delicious dinner ideas. Some popular options are BBQ chicken pizza, creamy chicken and rice casserole, and baked salmon with lemon and herbs. You can also browse our collection of 30-minute meals for quick and tasty dinner options.

3. I'm having fish and chips tonight, but I want to make it more exciting. Any suggestions?

Instead of traditional fried fish and chips, try baking the fish with a crunchy panko breadcrumb coating. You could also make homemade tartar sauce or try a different type of fish, like tilapia or cod. For a healthier twist, try baking sweet potato fries instead of regular fries.

4. I'm busy with home projects today, so I need a quick and easy dinner. Any ideas?

If you have a slow cooker, you can easily make a delicious dinner with minimal effort. Try a slow cooker chicken and vegetable curry or a hearty beef chili. You can also make a simple stir-fry using pre-cut vegetables and frozen shrimp or chicken. Another option is to make a big batch of soup or stew in the morning and let it simmer all day for a comforting dinner.

5. I want to do some baking before my company comes. Any suggestions?

For a sweet treat, try making homemade cookies or a classic banana bread. You could also make a savory dish like mini quiches or spinach and feta puffs to serve as appetizers. If you have a bit more time, you can make a beautiful fruit tart or a decadent chocolate cake to impress your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
Replies