• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for dinner tonight? Sausages and lentils with a side of salad!

where do you find your rice protein powder? Right now I can only get mine through my nutritionist, but with my new work schedule and her location, I'm unable to buy it...but I need to find another place to get some quality protein and it must be rice based. THanks! ?THanks! ? :chef:I use Trader Joe's Organic Rice Protein Powder...it is really good...especially in baked goods. I also use it
rennea
Gold Member
Tonight we are having sausages and lentils. I will make a salad to go with, just haven't decided on what kind.

Making banana bread today so DH can have some of that for dessert:chef:

Tonight is Crest-Fest at DH's work.....A big carnival event with a BBQ for all of the employees, their families, all of the residents, and their families (he works at an Assisted Living Center). My In-laws are coming to pick up DS at 5pm and take him to that...DH will be there handling parking and any maintenance issues.

I have a show tonight - so I will probably make a Power Smoothie to drink while I am getting ready.

I have chicken breast cooking in the crock pot. I have to decide what to do with them now! ha! I have a Town Council meeting tonight at 6, so, it has to be very quick or will will eat afterwards.

Not sure about tonight- it's too hot to cook and our central air doesn't work...

Becky, can I have that power smoothie recipe?

Kitchen Diva said:
Not sure about tonight- it's too hot to cook and our central air doesn't work...

Becky, can I have that power smoothie recipe?

Okay - you asked for it.:D It actually tastes really good!:chef:

1 small frozen banana
6-8 ounces Rice Milk
1 scoop Rice Protein Powder
1 Tbls. Ground Flax Seed
1 Tbls. (heaping) Almond Butter
2 teas. Udo's Oil (a 3-6-9 omega oil blend)
a couple shakes of cinnamon or cinnamon plus....whichever I grab first!

I dump it all into the cup that came with my Immersion Blender, and blend it til smooth.

ChefBeckyD said:

1 small frozen banana
6-8 ounces Rice Milk
1 Tbls. Ground Flax Seed

I dump it all into the cup that came with my Immersion Blender, and blend it til smooth.
Sounds tasty.

no offense Becky but I'll stick with another can of ravioli.... maybe tonight I'll open a bottle of wine to accompany it instead of beer.
We're out of bread so I may have to "sop" up the yummy sauce with a buttered hot dog bun not feeling good today otherwise I'd go to the store and cook a romantic dinner for 2

JAE said:
Sounds tasty.

It is good! I've perfected it I think....It has everything in it that I want nutritionally, and it's very satisfying & filling. I keep bananas in the freezer all the time so I can make these.

You can also substitute any kind of fruit for the Almond Butter - throw in a handful of berries or some peaches or mango.....doesn't keep me full quite as long though.

You can also sub any kind of nut butter for the almond butter - but that is my favorite.

Teresa Lynn said:
no offense Becky but I'll stick with another can of ravioli.... maybe tonight I'll open a bottle of wine to accompany it instead of beer.
We're out of bread so I may have to "sop" up the yummy sauce with a buttered hot dog bun not feeling good today otherwise I'd go to the store and cook a romantic dinner for 2

That's okay Teresa - I feel the same way about canned ravioli!:p

(DS thinks I'm the best mom in the world when I let him eat it for lunch though....I found an organic brand at Meijers that I will buy for him occasionally.)

Do anyone have the recipe for the shrimp in the grill basket on the cover of the S/S catalog??

ChefBeckyD said:

1 small frozen banana
6-8 ounces Rice Milk
1 Tbls. Ground Flax Seed

Becky, where do you find your rice protein powder? Right now I can only get mine through my nutritionist, but with my new work schedule and her location, I'm unable to buy it...but I need to find another place to get some quality protein and it must be rice based. THanks!

ChefBeckyD said:
It is good! I've perfected it I think....It has everything in it that I want nutritionally, and it's very satisfying & filling. I keep bananas in the freezer all the time so I can make these.

You can also substitute any kind of fruit for the Almond Butter - throw in a handful of berries or some peaches or mango.....doesn't keep me full quite as long though.

You can also sub any kind of nut butter for the almond butter - but that is my favorite.

Where can I buy that Udo stuff and is it pricey?

Thanks for posting that smoothie recipe Becky! I live off protein shakes because of my medical issues...this one looks like it'll be a nice change from my frozen berry ones I make! :) I cannot wait to try it.

Canned ravioli? I hear Italians everywhere screaming out in pain! LOL kidding!!!

I get it at the local health food store - it was the one recommended in the book UltraWellness by Dr. Mark Hyman.

Nutribiotic Vegan Rice Protein Powder. I get the vanilla flavor, just because it is the most versatile...but you can also get plain, chocolate or berry. No sugar added, or sweeteners - just natural flavoring.

NutriBiotic

ChefBeckyD said:
I get it at the local health food store - it was the one recommended in the book UltraWellness by Dr. Mark Hyman.

Nutribiotic Vegan Rice Protein Powder. I get the vanilla flavor, just because it is the most versatile...but you can also get plain, chocolate or berry. No sugar added, or sweeteners - just natural flavoring.

NutriBiotic

I get the vanilla on my brand of Metagenics, as well. I also have one that I can put in almost anything- which I like but like I said---I can't get to my nutritionists during the week.

Where can I find the Nutribiotic Vegan Rice Protein Powder? My eating plan is based off Dr. Diana Schwarzbein...it works really well (when I stick to it) :) But it's expensive to eat properly for my health issues.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, Becky, you can PM me about this if you want, so we don't ruin the dinner thread. :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Where can I buy that Udo stuff and is it pricey?

Again....at my local health food store!:D

I think I pay about $8-10 for a bottle. It has to be refrigerated, and it lasts about a month.

http://udoerasmus.com/products/1_index_en.htm

Kitchen Diva said:
I get the vanilla on my brand of Metagenics, as well. I also have one that I can put in almost anything- which I like but like I said---I can't get to my nutritionists during the week.

Where can I find the Nutribiotic Vegan Rice Protein Powder? My eating plan is based off Dr. Diana Schwarzbein...it works really well (when I stick to it) :) But it's expensive to eat properly for my health issues.

Kacey - click on this link! NutriBiotic

i'm going to attempt to make pasta using my kitchenaid.....and i have a couple chicken breasts to do something with as well....probably parmesan

wish me luck with the pasta!

susanr613 said:
i'm going to attempt to make pasta using my kitchenaid.....and i have a couple chicken breasts to do something with as well....probably parmesan

wish me luck with the pasta!

Good Luck on the Pasta! :) Mmmm fresh pasta! And, it cooks in about 3 minutes!

ChefBeckyD said:

NutriBiotic
Thanks! Very helpful...

I am going out with dh for my birthday and our anniversary..pizza for the kids....

it was the banana that killed it for me!!

Teresa Lynn said:
it was the banana that killed it for me!!

Mmmmm, bananas - the perfect fruit!

Seriously...at conference, all I wanted with breakfast was a 'naner....and they had wonderful fruit, but no bananas!:confused:

To get this back on track though -

Smoothie for Dinner, but for lunch, I had leftover bbq'd chicken w/ roasted beets and carrots. Yummy!

thanks kacey :)

Turkey Loaf and garlic mashed potatos from an old PC cookbook. peas on the side and bread. I am making lemon bars for the road tomorrow and those will be our dessert too.
I have made meals that will last DH and kids through the week :)

merego said:
Turkey Loaf and garlic mashed potatos from an old PC cookbook. peas on the side and bread. I am making lemon bars for the road tomorrow and those will be our dessert too.
I have made meals that will last DH and kids through the week :)

Goodness....u have been busy!

Man- Lemon bars sound so good right now! I'm so happy you fell in love with my recipe for them! :) I will miss you when you are gone my friend!

Taco's for my family tonight. My son has soccer camp everynight this week so I have to put together something simple.

Well this is fair week for us....so after work we race home get a bite and head to the fair. Guessing it will BLT's....I put the bacon on the bar pan cook in the oven. While we are getting ready. We will eat one night at the fair.....but always get fresh squeezed lemonade!

Tonight is chicken noodle soup and sandwiches. We have soup and sandwiches about once a week. It gives me a break from cooking. I buy the dried pouches of soups that you just add water to. I have to put chicken in this one though. So far the chicken soup has been the best followed by the cheesy potato. The cheddar broccoli stinks!! :yuck: I love cheddar broccoli, but not from a pouch!

jennifer,
I posted a yummy broc cheese soup recipe last week in a dinner thread and its super easyv

Tacos for us tonight. Tomorrow I am making parmigiano crusted chicken with pasta and shredded zuccini and carrotts. It's part of a recipe from Rachael Ray (the chicken) I changed the way she did the rest of the recipe.

I still need to decide waht to do with my chicken when I get home and I get off work in 3 minutes, ha!!! uhh!!! Vanessa suggeste BBQ chicken sandwiches and although we had bbq wraps over the weekend, I am thinking of going with this b/c it will be so easy with my already cooked chicken! If my hubby will agree!:D

everything sounds good. a local radio station is doing a block party behind my house tonight and we are heading over there to eat. free bbq and wings.

jrstephens said:
I still need to decide waht to do with my chicken when I get home and I get off work in 3 minutes, ha!!! uhh!!! Vanessa suggeste BBQ chicken sandwiches and although we had bbq wraps over the weekend, I am thinking of going with this b/c it will be so easy with my already cooked chicken! If my hubby will agree!:D
My hubby agrees with whatever or he doesn't eat. He's pretty easy, though. Tonight they had Chi Chi's chicken tacos and grapes. Grapes were for the kids. DH doesn't eat fruit very often. I had my every day salad.

Not really sure what to do. I have some left over steak that I thought would be really good in a wrap and maybe I will give my kids grilled cheese.

Well since it's hotter than a well-digger's fanny in the Belgian Congo in my house (currently 88 degrees-thanks to an aging central air unit) we had smoothies. Well I had a smoothie and DH went to get a sub at Jimmy-Johns... Mmmm smoothie :) And, the best part is I was able to keep it all down- I think I'm finally starting to feel better!!! Whoo-hoo!!

jrstephens said:
Goodness....u have been busy!

and I took the kids to the park, got my brows waxed, hair trimmed and nails done. :) I am packed , excpet for the stuff I will need to put in tomorrow morning after I shower. I have my bag with snacks, water and soda and will go over my list one more time, but I think I am ready to go. I have a long list for DH, who is insulted that I think that he can't take care of the kids. I know e can, I just feel I am the only one that can take care of them they way they need to be taken care of, they are my babies, I gave birth to them :)
I am getting off topic now, but the turkey loaf and taters were yummy :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Man- Lemon bars sound so good right now! I'm so happy you fell in love with my recipe for them! :) I will miss you when you are gone my friend!

I made a double batch, one for my family and one for the road.
I will miss you too. I am debating on whether or not I should take my laptop, can't decide. I love smoothies too, I have one for my lunch everyday, I make a strawberry, banana, blueberry smoothie. I had one from Smoothie King today since we went to the park.

1. What type of sausages should I use for this dish?

You can use any type of sausages that you prefer, such as Italian, bratwurst, or chicken sausages. Just make sure they are fully cooked before adding them to the dish.

2. Can I use canned lentils instead of dried ones?

Yes, you can use canned lentils for a quicker and easier option. Just make sure to drain and rinse them before adding them to the dish.

3. What kind of salad would pair well with this dish?

A simple side salad with a light vinaigrette dressing would pair well with the sausages and lentils. You could also add some fresh vegetables like cherry tomatoes or cucumbers for added crunch.

4. How long does it take to make this dish?

This dish can be made in about 30 minutes, making it a perfect weeknight dinner option. However, if you are using dried lentils, they may take longer to cook, adding about 15-20 minutes to the overall preparation time.

5. Can I use this recipe for a vegetarian version?

Absolutely! You can substitute the sausages with your favorite meatless alternative, such as veggie sausages or tofu. You can also omit the sausages altogether and add more vegetables like mushrooms and bell peppers for a hearty vegetarian dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
luvmytees
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • rennea