• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner Tonight: BBQ or Chicken Artichoke Paninis?

In summary, Rennea is having BBQ tonight, and has leftover chicken, potatoes, and chicken pot pie for supper. She is also thinking about making paninis.
rennea
Gold Member
We are having BBQ again tonight!!!

Still working outside!!!

Chicken, corn, mushrooms, etc done on grill w/salad on side:chef:

hopfully I haven't missed this thread already:blushing:

Hey Rennea!

No BBQ here today, it's been dark and stormy all day. It looks like almost night time outside right now!

I think I might make chicken quesadillas for supper. Right now, that sounds good, and I have some leftover grilled chicken I can use for them.

Not sure yet. I need to decide and lay something out.

I'm making my kids' favorite, chicken pot pie.

I am makin cube steaks with Cheesy Potatoes (Becky's recipe that she posted)

Whatever my 4 beautiful granddaughters want. I am grandma sitting tonight. :)

I'm thinking about making paninis. Yum! I grilled up a couple pork tenderloins the other night with the garlic oil and chipotle rub on them. YUM!!! So, I have almost a whole tenderloin left that I was going to slice up. I also have pepperjack cheese I can put on them. I'm thinking about making the chipotle rub dip to use as a spread, but also to dip veggies and chips in as a snack. I LOVE that rub. I'd better stock up on it.

I have leftover potatoes from the other night too. I just parboiled some red potatoes, then sliced them about 3/4 to 1 inch thick and tossed them with the garlic oil and salt and pepper. I then grilled those too. I love grilling!

The kids are getting those personal pizzas that you buy in a box from Costco. With a stone and our Italian seasoning with extra cheese, you can create some yummy personal pan pizzas! I have a show tonight, so I will no doubt eat one before I run out the door! My hubby won't be home until late, so I won't be cooking anything, the kids love pizza and I usually do the big meals when we are all together for dinner!

I HAVE (lol) to go and play Bunco.....darn. So we are having frozen pizza doctored up and cooked on a stone. Oh well. I made chicken fried steak, mashed pototes, green beans, and of course, that is what my poor DH had for lunch. Never fails, whatever I cook is what he had for lunch...........

pamperedbecky said:
I'm thinking about making paninis. Yum! I grilled up a couple pork tenderloins the other night with the garlic oil and chipotle rub on them. YUM!!! So, I have almost a whole tenderloin left that I was going to slice up. I also have pepperjack cheese I can put on them. I'm thinking about making the chipotle rub dip to use as a spread, but also to dip veggies and chips in as a snack. I LOVE that rub. I'd better stock up on it.

I have leftover potatoes from the other night too. I just parboiled some red potatoes, then sliced them about 3/4 to 1 inch thick and tossed them with the garlic oil and salt and pepper. I then grilled those too. I love grilling!

Oh I love Paninis.

I got a new panini press/griddle yesterday. I think tonight we will either have breakfast for supper, or I will make grilled BCT's- Bacon, Cheese and Tomato Panini's for supper. DH had one at Macy's the other day (while we were out on our panini/griddle search) and it looked so good I thought I'd try it! :)

Too funny, I posted before I read and see that the post above me is talking about Panini's too! Great minds think alike! :)

Jerk Chicken Nachos for us. Minus the cilantro. :D

Mango Habenero Chicken Tenders and a salad

I am going to my parents. Mom is cooking fish. Yahoo no cooking for me!

Kitchen Diva said:
I got a new panini press/griddle yesterday. I think tonight we will either have breakfast for supper, or I will make grilled BCT's- Bacon, Cheese and Tomato Panini's for supper. DH had one at Macy's the other day (while we were out on our panini/griddle search) and it looked so good I thought I'd try it! :)

Too funny, I posted before I read and see that the post above me is talking about Panini's too! Great minds think alike! :)

When I got our grill pan and press, I drove Russell crazy making every sandwich a panini!:D

I am making the garden meatloaf from the stoneware cookbook, smells yummy ( still in the oven), steaming some fresh veggies and making mashed potatoes.
Ice cream floats for dessert :)

I am making....cube steak w/brown gravy, boiled buttered potatoes and some sort of veggie. :eek:)

It's rainy and stormy so we are having chicken pot pie.

I am using the frozen chicken breast I got at Aldi's the other day. $1.67 per LB!!!! We had the hamburger patties last night also $1.67 per LB. They were awesome!!! Way better than the cheapest (and still more expensive) premade frozen burgers at my local GS or Sams club.

I am making a crock pot tex mex chicken. I have baseball practice till 5 or 5:30 then a show at 6:30. So something really easy for me.

We had pizza delivered...I feel SO lazy but we had to do yard work for a party tomorrow AND I was gone ALL day! So pizza it was!

I made the Power Cooking stroganoff for DH, and I had a bowl of cereal.

Well, past tense, we had:TacosSoft and Hard Shells
Seasoned Hamburger (with garlic, Southwestern Seasoning and Taco Seasoning Mixed)Your choice of:
lettuce
cilantro
onion
tomato
shredded cheese
sour cream
guacamole (with PC's seasoning)Everyone was happy with their stuff...

Oh dessert is Oatmeal Craisin cookies made last night...

After our windy stormy morning/early afternoon - the sun came out, and the temperature rose at least 20 degrees - at 7pm it was hovering around 90!

So, we ended up having Chef's Salads for dinner. Used the chicken that way!

ChefBeckyD said:
After our windy stormy morning/early afternoon - the sun came out, and the temperature rose at least 20 degrees - at 7pm it was hovering around 90!

So, we ended up having Chef's Salads for dinner. Used the chicken that way!

Oh my goodness Becky - we have not seen temps like that yet this year!!!! We're just hoping for 70 lately.

janetupnorth said:
Oh my goodness Becky - we have not seen temps like that yet this year!!!! We're just hoping for 70 lately.

Tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to be the same.

BUT! You should have seen the way my garden POPPED this afternoon after the rain, and then the warm temps!

Everything is up and looking good! Even the carrots are visible to the naked eye!:thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
Tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to be the same.

BUT! You should have seen the way my garden POPPED this afternoon after the rain, and then the warm temps!

Everything is up and looking good! Even the carrots are visible to the naked eye!:thumbup:

Yikes - I haven't checked my plants in 2 days! Figured we had rain so they'd be o.k. without me. My cilantro is still inside and shooting up today! My strawberries are growing too.

Be back soon...checking the rest!

chefann said:
I made the Power Cooking stroganoff for DH, and I had a bowl of cereal.

Ann, Dear, I'm getting worried about you - you are eating an awful lot of cereal for dinner.....

Make sure you get your veggies!:D :love:

Ooh...Happy Dance!
My peonies are going to bloom for the first time since planting them 3 summers ago! It took that long for them to really take! (I've since forgotten what colors I planted.)My hostas and irises are growing fast and doing good. My phlox is spreading and starting to bloom. Chives are good and whatever else I planted in that area is growing...I think asparagus...Strawberry plants are growing, not flowering yet though...Kyle's petunias are doing great and REALLY blooming, Sammie's are a little weaker (I think she's been giving them 'attention'). Hanging tomatoes are going good...newly planted ones (after I lost the rest) are o.k. I only have 1 cucumber plant left after the frost but it is still alive...Peppers are doing o.k. and growing.

Kitchen Diva said:

I made chicken artichoke panini's and they were DIVINE! I took the artichoke topping from the artichoke chicken recipe in the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook and smothered it on cooked chicken slices (I just thinly sliced bonelss, skinless chicken breasts and sauted them with salt, pepper and a tiny bit of garlic) and added provolone and mozzerella cheese slices and MMMMMmmmmm- that was a good sammie!

Kitchen Diva said:
I made chicken artichoke panini's and they were DIVINE! I took the artichoke topping from the artichoke chicken recipe in the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook and smothered it on cooked chicken slices (I just thinly sliced bonelss, skinless chicken breasts and sauted them with salt, pepper and a tiny bit of garlic) and added provolone and mozzerella cheese slices and MMMMMmmmmm- that was a good sammie!

That sounds really good!:chef:

janetupnorth said:
Ooh...Happy Dance!
My peonies are going to bloom for the first time since planting them 3 summers ago! It took that long for them to really take! (I've since forgotten what colors I planted.)

My hostas and irises are growing fast and doing good. My phlox is spreading and starting to bloom. Chives are good and whatever else I planted in that area is growing...I think asparagus...

Strawberry plants are growing, not flowering yet though...

Kyle's petunias are doing great and REALLY blooming, Sammie's are a little weaker (I think she's been giving them 'attention').

Hanging tomatoes are going good...newly planted ones (after I lost the rest) are o.k. I only have 1 cucumber plant left after the frost but it is still alive...

Peppers are doing o.k. and growing.

We are going to have salsa gardens after all!:thumbup:

I planted onion bulbs for the first time this year (Micah wanted them, of all things!) and I can't believe how well they are doing!

ChefBeckyD said:
That sounds really good!:chef:
They were really yummy! I'm glad I thought to try it. I just wasn't in the mood for a boring cheese panini! :)

We had strawberry shortcake for bessert (my niece calls it bessert- not dessert!)

ChefBeckyD said:
Ann, Dear, I'm getting worried about you - you are eating an awful lot of cereal for dinner.....

Make sure you get your veggies!:D :love:
The problem is when I have no ideas for dinner, and DH only seems to want things that I don't. But he won't eat the things I have in mind. And I absolutely refuse to cook 2 meals. I had asparagus yesterday and some strawberries with my lunch, so I did have some non-cereal food.

Chicken soup...with a dash of Chipoltle Rub on each portion. Tastes really good!

We all have colds and are just 'grazing', and pushing fluids, no special meal plan.

We ended up at Applebee's.

Kitchen Diva said:

So I take it you artichokes is one food you do like and can eat :) ha ha
love ya sis!!!

1. What ingredients are needed for the BBQ or Chicken Artichoke Paninis?

The ingredients for the BBQ or Chicken Artichoke Paninis include chicken, artichoke hearts, cheese, bread or panini rolls, BBQ sauce, and any additional toppings or seasonings desired.

2. Can this recipe be made on the grill?

Yes, this recipe can be made on the grill. The chicken, corn, and mushrooms can be cooked on the grill while the paninis can be assembled and then placed on the grill to toast.

3. Can I substitute other ingredients for the chicken or artichoke hearts?

Yes, you can substitute other ingredients for the chicken or artichoke hearts. Some suggestions could be using pulled pork or tofu for the protein, and roasted red peppers or eggplant for the artichoke hearts.

4. What sides would pair well with the BBQ or Chicken Artichoke Paninis?

A salad would pair well with the paninis, as it provides a refreshing contrast to the warm, savory sandwiches. Grilled vegetables or a side of corn on the cob could also be great options.

5. Are there any tips for cooking outdoors in hot weather?

Yes, there are a few tips for cooking outdoors in hot weather. Make sure to have plenty of water to stay hydrated, and consider cooking earlier in the morning or later in the evening when the sun is not as intense. You can also try using a fan or misting system to help keep cool while cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies