1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What's for Dinner? (Mar.18)

1. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

We are having chicken salad and buns for dinner. I know it doesn't sound to exciting but I haven't been really into cooking lately. I usually LOVE to cook and be in the kitchen.

Mar 18, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

We have to have a really quick dinner tonight. DH has a busy day/evening - and we have a Chiropractors appt to fit into his schedule too.

Actually, chicken salad sounds really good!

I think I'll go pull some chicken out of the freezer!

Mar 18, 2009
  3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I think I'm going to make Chicken a la King, over biscuits from a tube. It's easy, and leftovers pack well in DH's lunch.

Mar 18, 2009
  4. The weather is warm and sunny today, so we are having cheeseburgers on the grill. Probably will throw on some veggies and sweet potatoes, too. I love the daylight savings time...still is light out after 7/7:30!!

5. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

I'm thinking tuna casserole, we've had way too much "meat" lately...

Mar 18, 2009
  6. tlag1986

tlag1986 Veteran Member Gold Member

We are having T-bone steaks, with ranch potatoes, and salad.

Mar 18, 2009
  7. myinnerchef

myinnerchef Member Gold Member

Wednesdays during Lent are set aside for simple suppers. Our church has a pot luck sponsored by different ministries each week and proceeds go to a charity of their choice. Tonight I'm making white chicken chili.

Mar 18, 2009
  8. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Well, I ended up sticking a whole chicken in the DCB, in the oven. Also, some homemade baked beans. I'm going to steam some sugar snap peas to go with it.

Then, we'll have chicken and baked beans for leftovers too.

Mar 18, 2009
  9. JaimeAnnR

JaimeAnnR Member

chicken wild rice soup...lenten dinner at church.. this is a favorite of ours! :)

Mar 18, 2009
  10. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

grilled steaks, roasted zucchini, sliced tomatoes, baked potatoes & a salad
    homemade peanut butter cookies for dessert

Mar 18, 2009
  11. chefann

We ended up having cashew chicken. And my rice cooker melted in the microwave. :(

Mar 18, 2009
  12. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

Oh my goodness! I LOVE Chicken a la King! I eat it over toaster toast 'cause that's how momma made it...never thought about biscuits. But is sounds yummy!

13. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

Oh, we're having McDonald's - quick and easy! Not so healthy, but I love that quarter pounder!

14. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

OMG Ann that's terrible! How long was it in for?

Mar 18, 2009
  15. chefann

It was the same amount of time I've had it in before. In fact, there was still 10 minutes left. But I had less rice left in the house than I usually use, and I think it was a small enough batch that it overheated. What really stinks is that I just submitted a small show made up of individual orders from a vendor fair and I could have tacked on a rice cooker. Now I'll have to wait and order it later.

Mar 18, 2009
  16. cewcooks

cewcooks Advanced Member

To hopefully cheer myself up, I made for my family tonight the Shrimp Orzo Skillet from 29 min 2 dinner v 2 it was good.

Mar 18, 2009
  17. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

We are kid free for a few days, so we decided to go out tonight. We went to one of my favorite mexican restaurants. I've was out of town from Sunday morning until last night, so we are spending some us time together.

Mar 18, 2009
Have something to add?