• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dessert? (Oct.31) Sweet or Spooky?

you could make better at home! :yuck:You are a very giving and loving woman, Steph! :)I bought some frozen meal from Ming Tsai at Target this afternoon. It's chicken pad thai... it looked good on the package. DH would NEVER try anything like this, so since he's gone, I'm branching out! Whoo-hoo! :love: I'm also going to dig into a new book I bought! :)
rennea
Gold Member
Trick or Treat?

Tonight we are having Chinese! I'm going to pick it up on the way home from work.

My DH has enough candy today that I won't even have to make a dessert;)

Tonight it's just me and the pets... I see something frozen then cooked to a hot, tastey perfection in my future. Not sure what that is. We'll be hiding out from the Trick-or-Treaters, too. So I should get to the store and get some food fast!

I'm home with sick puppies, too. :(

Home made pizza from the crust on up. Pepperoni for DS, spinach and light cheese for me. Then it's off to trick or treating!

White Chicken Chili. One of DH's buddies is on Weight Watchers, and was pleasantly surprised when I said I was making a 4 point main dish.

Sauerkraut and kielbasa in the crock pot..gross, but my whole family loves it but me! :yuck:

we were invited out for dinner to friends house

chefsteph07 said:
Sauerkraut and kielbasa in the crock pot..gross, but my whole family loves it but me! :yuck:

You are a very giving and loving woman, Steph! :)

I bought some frozen meal from Ming Tsai at Target this afternoon. It's chicken pad thai... it looked good on the package. DH would NEVER try anything like this, so since he's gone, I'm branching out! Whoo-hoo!

I'm also going to dig into a new book I bought! :)

Probably candy - it is Halloween!!

Kitchen Diva said:
You are a very giving and loving woman, Steph! :)

Yeah, you are telling me, that Kraut smells like doggie doo doo if you ask me, I had to open a few windows! GAG! :eek:

chefsteph07 said:
Yeah, you are telling me, that Kraut smells like doggie doo doo if you ask me, I had to open a few windows! GAG! :eek:
Snort!

I am not a good German girl, like my Grandmother wanted me to be. I don't like kraut at all! Ick...

Okay, off to put my sugar cookies in the oven! Ya can't have a night of reading a book without a stack of cookies to keep the energy levels up! :)

Leftover Taco Soup for us.

chefsteph07 said:

Mmmmm, I love sauerkraut. :love: My MIL makes it homemade & it's so yummy. You can keep the kielbasa though. :yuck:

yick on the sauerkraut - gag!

We had hot dog mummies and baked beans. DS was not as impresed as I thought he'd be.

pamperedlinda said:
yick on the sauerkraut - gag!

We had hot dog mummies and baked beans. DS was not as impresed as I thought he'd be.

Well, shoot- I'm impressed! The frozen meal in a bag I bought from Target (Made by the great Chef Ming Tsai) was NASTY! I have a feeling that mac-n-cheese with ham will be on its way to my tummy in a few hours.

Never buy those meals in a bag- they are over priced and terrible. If I were as famous as Ming Tsai, my name would NEVER go on anything that terrible!

Kitchen Diva said:
Well, shoot- I'm impressed! The frozen meal in a bag I bought from Target (Made by the great Chef Ming Tsai) was NASTY! I have a feeling that mac-n-cheese with ham will be on its way to my tummy in a few hours.

Never buy those meals in a bag- they are over priced and terrible. If I were as famous as Ming Tsai, my name would NEVER go on anything that terrible!

That is EXACTLY why people need to host Power Cooking Shows!

I say the same thing about frozen dinners that I say about restaurants:

I refuse to buy and eat something that I could make better at home!

The one exception is the Orange Chicken from Costco - that stuff is soooo good!

Oh wait - an exception #2 - Amy's Organic Frozen Dinners. The Tamale Pie, and the Cheese Enchilada Meal, and the Black Bean Enchilada Meal are good enough to lick the cardboard container clean!

LOOOOVE the orange chicken from Costco! Trader Joe's has some frozen items that are very similar, and as good.

Simple and easy- baked potatoes topped w/ chili and cheese. Then off to trick-or-treat!

ChefBeckyD said:
That is EXACTLY why people need to host Power Cooking Shows!

I say the same thing about frozen dinners that I say about restaurants:

I refuse to buy and eat something that I could make better at home!

The one exception is the Orange Chicken from Costco - that stuff is soooo good!

Oh wait - an exception #2 - Amy's Organic Frozen Dinners. The Tamale Pie, and the Cheese Enchilada Meal, and the Black Bean Enchilada Meal are good enough to lick the cardboard container clean!

Um, Beck... it's not good to lick cardboard sweetie! :) You may need to lay off those pain meds for a day or two honey... ;)

Kitchen Diva said:
Um, Beck... it's not good to lick cardboard sweetie! :) You may need to lay off those pain meds for a day or two honey... ;)

I probably spend too much time with my cat.....

chefbeckyd said:
i Probably Spend Too Much Time With My Cat.....

Snort! :D :D

Last edited:
Licking cardboard is OK. Eating it is not.

chefann said:
Licking cardboard is OK. Eating it is not.

What about eating cardboard flavored pizza? :angel:

I guess, since Little Caesar's pizza is pizza-flavored cardboard. :DConfused yet?

chefann said:
I guess, since Little Caesar's pizza is pizza-flavored cardboard. :D

Confused yet?

Well, so is Tontinos... I ate one of those party pizzas last night, and they are now making their pepperoni out of something that had the texture of moist saw dust with fennel. I'm like Eeeewwww-:yuck::cry: cardboard would have been tastier!

I could go for a Hostess Cherry Pie...:):thumbup:

chefann said:
I guess, since Little Caesar's pizza is pizza-flavored cardboard. :D

Confused yet?

ewe, I don't like Little Caesars & can't believe they've stayed in business so long. However, there's a family owned pizza restaurant near me that has great pizza. They also have these things called butter balls - pizza dough in bite-size balls baked and drenched in garlic butter - dangerously good!

pamperedlinda said:
ewe, I don't like Little Caesars & can't believe they've stayed in business so long. However, there's a family owned pizza restaurant near me that has great pizza. They also have these things called butter balls - pizza dough in bite-size balls baked and drenched in garlic butter - dangerously good!

Anything drench with butter is yummy! Heck, I'm yummy in and of myself...but throw some butter on me and I'm darn right luscious! :D

ok - the last like 8 posts made me almost pee in my pants -

YEAH My Kacey is back!!

Ok - what is the orange chicken from Costco (I go like every week - what section is it in?) and did anyone try the the chicken margarita pasta thing that is done in the skillet yet - (coupon was last week)

I agree with Linda on the Caesar Pizza - I think Ellios is better!

Kacey - I think there's probably another forum where people might actually appreciate you discussing yourself drenched in butter..... :p

pamperedlinda said:
Kacey - I think there's probably another forum where people might actually appreciate you discussing yourself drenched in butter..... :p

Yeah, probably...however KG isn't on tonight... Baaahaaahaa

All seriousness aside, I am sure even butter wouldn't make me look bettah!

:p

pamperedlinda said:
Well, Caesar's is local. It started in Detroit, and the founder/owner owns the Tigers and the Red Wings. The company offices are in the same building as one of the famous Detroit theatrical landmarks, the Fox Theater.
PamperedDor said:
ok - the last like 8 posts made me almost pee in my pants -

YEAH My Kacey is back!!

Ok - what is the orange chicken from Costco (I go like every week - what section is it in?) and did anyone try the the chicken margarita pasta thing that is done in the skillet yet - (coupon was last week)

I agree with Linda on the Caesar Pizza - I think Ellios is better!
The orange chicken is in the freezer section, near the entrees (like lasagna and ravioli). It's a fairly large box. But sooooo good!
pamperedlinda said:
Hey! Anyone would be lucky to have any Cheffer, drenched in butter or plain.

Or chocolate coated. ;)

pamperedlinda said:

Linda, did you mean Ewe...as in a
black_sheep_eating_grass_sm_nwm.gif

Or eewww as in :yuck:

Kitchen Diva said:
Linda, did you mean Ewe...as in a
black_sheep_eating_grass_sm_nwm.gif

Or eewww as in :yuck:

are you filling in for KG tonight?

eewww as in :yuck:

Thanks for the facts Chef Ann.

My dinner was Butter Finger, Reese's pb cup, peanut M & M's and a Healthy Choice panini.

chefann said:
Well, Caesar's is local. It started in Detroit, and the founder/owner owns the Tigers and the Red Wings. The company offices are in the same building as one of the famous Detroit theatrical landmarks, the Fox Theater.

The orange chicken is in the freezer section, near the entrees (like lasagna and ravioli). It's a fairly large box. But sooooo good!

Hey! Anyone would be lucky to have any Cheffer, drenched in butter or plain.

Or chocolate coated. ;)

Ooooh Chocolate coated Kacey.....:thumbup::cool:

pamperedlinda said:
are you filling in for KG tonight?

eewww as in :yuck:

No one could ever take the place of KG...just not possible. :)

JAE said:
Thanks for the facts Chef Ann.

My dinner was Butter Finger, Reese's pb cup, peanut M & M's and a Healthy Choice panini.

Okay - this was the funniest thing I've read this evening.

I specifically bought Blow-Pop lollipops for treak or treating...because if they didn't all get handed out, I knew they wouldn't be tempting....and I could add them to our Shoeboxes we are doing. I'm so virtuous, aren't I?

Except, for dinner, I had 3 pieces of Jack-o-lantern pizza, a rootbeer, and leftover pumpkin dump cake with cool whip slathered on it.

Don't think I didn't see what you had for supper there my friend Becky! :)

It's the pain killers, huh...they're making you eat naughty things, aren't they?

ChefBeckyD said:
I specifically bought Blow-Pop lollipops for treak or treating...because if they didn't all get handed out, I knew they wouldn't be tempting....and I could add them to our Shoeboxes we are doing. I'm so virtuous, aren't I?

That is the cheaters way for sure!!!!!

I used to do that, too. I would buy the non chocolate stuff, but the kids like the chocolate stuff better. I don't get many little ones here. Mostly older El and junior high.

Kitchen Diva said:
Don't think I didn't see what you had for supper there my friend Becky! :)

It's the pain killers, huh...they're making you eat naughty things, aren't they?

Hee Hee Hee....I had to put the disclaimer at the end, so I could stay honest...but I didn't have to shout it to the world!:D:p

Related to What's for Dessert? (Oct.31) Sweet or Spooky?

What are some frequently asked questions about "What's for Dessert? (Oct. 31) Sweet or Spooky? Trick or Treat?"

1. What are some easy and spooky dessert ideas for Halloween?

There are plenty of fun and creative ways to make your desserts fit the Halloween theme. Some ideas include making spider web brownies, ghost-shaped cookies, or pumpkin-shaped cakes. You can also use food coloring to make your treats look more spooky and festive.

2. How can I make a dessert that is both sweet and spooky for Halloween?

You can incorporate traditional Halloween symbols like ghosts, spiders, and pumpkins into your dessert. For example, you can make a chocolate cake and use marshmallows and chocolate chips to create a spider web design on top. You can also add orange food coloring to frosting to make it look like a pumpkin. Get creative and have fun!

3. Should I make a sweet or spooky dessert for Halloween?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and the theme of your Halloween party. If you're hosting a more kid-friendly event, sweet treats like candy apples or Halloween-themed cupcakes might be a hit. But if you're going for a more adult and spooky vibe, you can make desserts that incorporate horror movie characters or use dark chocolate and red food coloring to create a creepy effect.

4. What are some fun and creative ways to incorporate Halloween candy into my dessert?

Instead of just eating Halloween candy as is, you can use it as toppings for your desserts. Crush up candy bars and use them as a topping for ice cream sundaes or decorate a cake with different types of candy. You can also mix in candy with cookie or brownie batter for a fun twist on traditional treats.

5. Do you have any suggestions for a quick and easy Halloween dessert?

If you're short on time, there are plenty of no-bake Halloween dessert options. You can make spooky parfaits with layers of pudding, crushed cookies, and gummy worms. Or, you can make a Halloween-themed fruit platter with sliced apples, strawberries, and kiwi arranged to look like a pumpkin or ghost. You can also make simple chocolate-covered pretzel rods and decorate them with Halloween sprinkles for a festive and easy treat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pamperedbybarbara