• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What would you wish for at HO's Leadership event?

In summary, I think HO should announce a raise and possibly new trip incentives, an increase in commission, and better commission on fundraisers.
go back to offering a gift card at level 1
I probably won't achieve level 2 this year and not 1 of those things offered appeal to me.I would also like to see HWC products more unique or special like Ann mentioned i mean how many pink gloves and brushes does 1 person need? I would like to see us offer a pink piece of stoneware

pamperedlinda said:
Revamp the Fundraiser program

Make HWC more interesting (I like Ann's ideas)

Trip points on Host order

Quit making the Trifle Bowl the host special
Incentives that Hobbiest Consultants can achieve

Ha-a-ah!

Since this is my first few months I didn't realize certain things are offered as the special over and over. Does HO usually offer the same things the same month each year?

Didn't mean to hijack . . .

I would love to see a better HWC program.

And as far as the discussion on the directors receiving mucho moolah for not doing much, I'm really disappointed to hear this. I was in a previous DS company (can we spell lingerie) where that was a real hot issue and one of the reasons I left.

jrodeo said:
Ha-a-ah!

Since this is my first few months I didn't realize certain things are offered as the special over and over. Does HO usually offer the same things the same month each year?

Didn't mean to hijack . . .

I would love to see a better HWC program.

And as far as the discussion on the directors receiving mucho moolah for not doing much, I'm really disappointed to hear this. I was in a previous DS company (can we spell lingerie) where that was a real hot issue and one of the reasons I left.[/QUOTE]

Julie~don't let this upset you....the great majority of Director's and above are very good and upfront and willing to share and support a team. You know the saying "a few bad apples"...it applies to any setting! I think that if HO gives "established" Director's training similar to the New Director Academy, they may weed out the ones that get "money for nothing"!

I have to agree with Meg. There are Directors out there skimming the system and making a bad name for themselves (and PC), however I do not think it is a prolific issue. It does happen, but I think in the scheme of things it is less frequent than it seems on CS.

pamperedlinda said:
Revamp the Fundraiser program

Make HWC more interesting (I like Ann's ideas)

Trip points on Host order

Quit making the Trifle Bowl the host special

Incentives that Hobbiest Consultants can achieve

Agreed. People will buy this for $39. No need to make it a special.

Chef Kearns said:
I have to agree with Meg. There are Directors out there skimming the system and making a bad name for themselves (and PC), however I do not think it is a prolific issue. It does happen, but I think in the scheme of things it is less frequent than it seems on CS.

I hope its not too! BUT, back to my original posting, it allowed for a Consultant to have a way to "come out from under" their immediate upline without having to resign or go inactive for a year.

amy07 said:
I hope its not too! BUT, back to my original posting, it allowed for a Consultant to have a way to "come out from under" their immediate upline without having to resign or go inactive for a year.

and if this happened, HO would see who the Director was that a consultant was leaving and if there were a pattern, they could address it!

I think they should make one of the HWC items one that we already have, for example.. make a pink can opener. That I could sell. Or how about a pink food chopper??? Something that people will use all the time. Just my 2 cents.

I would like to see a trade-in program for restyled tools, at least for consultants. There could even be a version for customers. Maybe 20% off the new product with the return of the old product. HO could donate the old product and sell more of the new stuff.

That's a good idea Niki! I can't tell you how many times someone will see the new design and wish they they had it instead. Then they get pissed! I'm sad for them.

But as consultants we can earn the new styled products. Like next month with SAT!!

Teresa Lynn said:
go back to offering a gift card at level 1
I probably won't achieve level 2 this year and not 1 of those things offered appeal to me.

I would also like to see HWC products more unique or special like Ann mentioned i mean how many pink gloves and brushes does 1 person need? I would like to see us offer a pink piece of stoneware

I was thinking the same thing for level 1. There wasn't much I was interested in. There were more products in the Pick Two category than in the Pick One that I would actually pick. I LOVED conference cash, that helped out so much last year.

fikibiff said:
I would like to see a trade-in program for restyled tools, at least for consultants. There could even be a version for customers. Maybe 20% off the new product with the return of the old product. HO could donate the old product and sell more of the new stuff.
great idea - don't want to purchase something only to have it come out restyled in the next catalog.

yes, to more commission for fundraisers

better hwc things (those gloves are the pits- I use really hot water and had to go back to using my playtex gloves)

yes, to incentives even for those who do not recruit.

agree with cancer research, not just for breast cancer. FIL died from pancreatic cancer - not near the amount of money spent on research for that yet it is a death sentence.

I totally agree about HWC being for more than just Breast Cancer. I had a friend who last year, at age 24, got thyroid cancer. I know a ton of people who would be more excited to help if it went for more than just breast cancer - me included!

*Ditto to a little bit of a commission on the Host Special & 1/2 pr items, especially when they choose cookware.

*Trip incentives not tied to recruiting. As someone mentioned, not everyone wants to recruit.

* The ability to "bank" unsuse points on incentive programs, such as the one we just finished for the bags/products and Pan-0-Rama. It is really hard to exactly use the points - there are either not enough or too many and I end up getting something I don't need just to even out the points.

When I posted about an incentive track for non-recruiters I meant a total Business Track, not just trip tracking. I guess it would all tie in together. I just wanted to clarify my wish.

I am making 2:

1) Incentive points for 1/2 items the host purchases - even if it was at the 1/2 price.

2) Make your own bundle for new products. Still have the various levels, but pick which products you want - not pre-made bundels you have buy. Many times I want a few items from 1 bundle and a few items for another -but don't want to have to buy both.

ok...I love the idea of trip points for host 1/2 price items! That would perfect!! I agree that our fundraiser program could use some revamping...but what I really wish is that we could post our PWS places and advertise online...

ChefKrisB said:
ok...I love the idea of trip points for host 1/2 price items! That would perfect!! I agree that our fundraiser program could use some revamping...but what I really wish is that we could post our PWS places and advertise online...

But there are so many consultants, if we all advertised on-line, the competition would be crazy. It would be nice if we could put things on our facebook pages, or other blog sites, but it would probably be hard to say one part of the internet is okay, and not have people abuse it.

making our own sample packages would be great...sometimes we have a lot of individual products to choose from which I love and sometimes I have to buy nearly every package to get the things I want. It helps if you can trade around, but most of the time those extra things I don't need or want go into the gift closet to be used later. This really wouldn't be such a big deal if it weren't for those restyled products. I think it is great that we are staying on the "cutting edge" and making products better, but I can only use so many scrapers and pieces of stoneware. I currently have cranberry, yellow, 2 different green, aqua, and white scrapers of the same size.

I wish they had a kit for those recruits who have everything in the kit. I hear soo many times I already have everything. I wish they would do like a $50 kit where it was just paperwork, computer program, apron and tote.

crissy11 said:
I wish they had a kit for those recruits who have everything in the kit. I hear soo many times I already have everything. I wish they would do like a $50 kit where it was just paperwork, computer program, apron and tote.

Your idea sounds good....but if you have a recruit lead who mentions this...I would tell them how much I would LOVE to have my kit 100% packed and ready to go at all times! Their kit could stay packed and only go to shows!

Great way to twist the thinking, Kelly!! Way to stay positive!

I don't have any wishes, except that I actually promote to FD in time to actually have to decide whether or not to go to LC.

However, reading the posts about the Director 'abuses' I just wanted to say how much I LOVE my upline. I have a fantastic Director who is now one of my very best friends (and is leaving tomorrow for the Directors' Conderence), an awesome AD (who just promoted in August), a wonderful SD, and (oops, I don't know all the levels), the Director above her is fabulous. Every single one of them is all about training and meetings, and being available to answer questions. I want to be just like them when I grow up!

Better fundrasing % for organizations AND us!

A raise for us would be nice, but I really don't see that sinc the economy is awful ~ sales are probably down ~ can't see them giving us a raise at this point in time. But the title of this thread is WISH! Wishing, just wishing!

MORE merchandise vendors for us to choose from ~ not just one...don't let me get on the Merrill vent! LOL

pampchefsarah said:
I don't have any wishes, except that I actually promote to FD in time to actually have to decide whether or not to go to LC.

However, reading the posts about the Director 'abuses' I just wanted to say how much I LOVE my upline. I have a fantastic Director who is now one of my very best friends (and is leaving tomorrow for the Directors' Conderence), an awesome AD (who just promoted in August), a wonderful SD, and (oops, I don't know all the levels), the Director above her is fabulous. Every single one of them is all about training and meetings, and being available to answer questions. I want to be just like them when I grow up!

I am lucky enough to have a WONDERFUL Director, and THE BEST NED in the company!

I feel bad for others who have crappy directors when I have been blessed with such a great mentor and friend!

KellyTheChef said:
I am lucky enough to have ....THE BEST NED in the company!

Nuh uh! I do I do I do!!!

KellyTheChef said:
I am lucky enough to have a WONDERFUL Director, and THE BEST NED in the company!

I feel bad for others who have crappy directors when I have been blessed with such a great mentor and friend!

I feel the same way.

My director has been my friend, and my mentor. I love her!

I don't have an NED.....but I do have a wonderful ED....and everyone else in my upline has been helpful, encouraging, and available when I've needed them.

I know this is not a discussion about tools, but I'd love to see us go back to tools and less entertaining stuff....There are so many neat tools out there, why can't we grab some that other companies are doing well with? I have not had 1 host take advantage of the Simple Additions stuff this month. Not one.

I'm not a FD or Director, just a "lowly" consultant, who's not a big recruiter, I've recruited over the years, but seem to get those kit nappers.

But I'll tell you right now, last year when PC said, I couldn't even achieve Level 1 UNLESS I recruited, I said to my director, well there goes my earning things. If they don't care about all the $ I bring to them w/o recruiting, maybe I shouldn't care either. I can tell you, I'm not close in sales where I was last year at this time. I know in our Regionals I won't be in Top 10 unless my Oct., Nov., and Dec. majorally floods with HUGE sales, which is doubtful in this area at this time.

Sorry, got off a little.......here's what I think they should do.....

1. I wish they would let the little guys be able to earn too!! Some people just really don't want to or feel they can be that great director. I know I've got a great director, but I also know that at this time in my personal life, I know I can't give my family my all, my business my all and help others with their business too.

2. I wish we could get even 1/2 commission of 1/2 price things or 1/2 points or credit in some way. Or even for the hostess specials, the same thing, give us 40% credit..........look what we all did in Sept, wouldn't it be nice to get credit somewhere for all that cookware we sold for PC??

3. HWC products that are usable, not more pratical, really did anyone sell those dots gloves?? I didn't even sell 1 set, other than the set I bought to donate to a HWC fundraiser. What about a PINK MIX N CHOP?? PINK SANTUKO Knife??? Like someone else said, pick product we know sells and use that for HWC. I had so many people say, Bring Back the Pink Twixits!!

4. Focus on better times Hostess specials, I was so glad we DIDN'T have a grilling month this year. I never had good responses those months and always had to make my own specials to get the shows. And when they did grilling show in June for dads. Well even if they had show on the first and closed on the 1st, usually products not in by Father's Day, so do different.

5. Better FUNdraiser % for organization and for consultants!! What's my incentive to do them?? None, when I actually lose $ on them and generally you have more work on them, or more outlay of costs in catalogs etc.

I think that's enough for right now.

Lisa

Lisa~I respect your feelings about recruiting to earn an incentive trip. I do have to say though, do not focus on the idea that if you recruit you have to be a Director. This is a serious misnomer! You NEVER have to be a Director if you don't want to, but why wouldn't you share this business with as many people as you can if you enjoy it so much~especially in these tough economic times? If you took the idea out of your head that "if I recruit, I will be a Director and I don't want to be" would you find it freeing? If it was, you would probably show that in your demo's and attract more people to the company and therefore recruit! It is a vicious cycle we put ourselves in by putting limits on ourselves! I believe you can recruit if you just put it in different terms/language for yourself!

Just to add to what Meg said. The whole part of "sharing" the opportunity is about sharing.
It is not about you. It is about the gift that this could be in someone's life.
If you don't want to have to train, lead whatever. That is fine. I am sure your wonderful director would be happy to. If you are open with her, she will not question your decisions. But if you don't share the opportunity, I feel you are not completely doing your job. We offer different things for different people. There are some things in our catalog that I just think are pointless (pumpkin dish) But I tell them about it and let them decide.
That is all you would need to do. Tell them. Then if they want more info, give it to your Director and just do what you feel you can manage & what you enjoy in your business. If you honestly had done that all year you would have had no problem with hitting at least level 1 if your show schedule is consistent.

***First off this is only my opinion, secondly, if it sounds a little witchy it is not meant that way. I hate to type :)

I love the idea of earning points for the 1/2 price items and host specials. My biggest wish would be to have double incentive trip points in a month besides january. Maybe in the middle of the year

After attending NDA I now believe that the Business Opportunity is like the cookware...you HAVE to mention it. As stated previously, you NEVER have to promote to Director if you don't want to, but recruiting is just part of what we do/offer.

I do still believe that there should be a track for non-recruiters though. Maybe it is something that you have to declare at the beginning of the year or when you start. It cannot be changed until the following year. I don't know. I'm just thinking and typing here.

<h2>1. What is the purpose of HO's Leadership event?</h2><p>The purpose of HO's Leadership event is to provide training, inspiration, and networking opportunities for Pampered Chef consultants. It is also a time for the company to make important announcements and share future plans.</p><h2>2. Will there be any new products or updates announced at the Leadership event?</h2><p>While we cannot reveal any specific details, we can assure you that HO always has exciting announcements and updates to share at Leadership. We recommend attending the event to be among the first to hear about them!</p><h2>3. Can attendees expect any special guest speakers at the Leadership event?</h2><p>HO often invites special guest speakers to share their insights and experiences with our consultants at Leadership. While we cannot confirm any names or specifics, we can assure you that there will be valuable speakers at this year's event.</p><h2>4. Will there be any changes to the compensation plan announced at the Leadership event?</h2><p>The Leadership event is a great opportunity for HO to share any updates or changes to the compensation plan. We recommend attending the event to get the most accurate and up-to-date information.</p><h2>5. Is there a specific theme or focus for this year's Leadership event?</h2><p>We cannot reveal the theme or focus of the event just yet, but we can assure you that it will be an exciting and empowering experience for all attendees. Stay tuned for more details as the event approaches!</p>

1. What is the purpose of HO's Leadership event?

The purpose of HO's Leadership event is to provide training, inspiration, and networking opportunities for Pampered Chef consultants. It is also a time for the company to make important announcements and share future plans.

2. Will there be any new products or updates announced at the Leadership event?

While we cannot reveal any specific details, we can assure you that HO always has exciting announcements and updates to share at Leadership. We recommend attending the event to be among the first to hear about them!

3. Can attendees expect any special guest speakers at the Leadership event?

HO often invites special guest speakers to share their insights and experiences with our consultants at Leadership. While we cannot confirm any names or specifics, we can assure you that there will be valuable speakers at this year's event.

4. Will there be any changes to the compensation plan announced at the Leadership event?

The Leadership event is a great opportunity for HO to share any updates or changes to the compensation plan. We recommend attending the event to get the most accurate and up-to-date information.

5. Is there a specific theme or focus for this year's Leadership event?

We cannot reveal the theme or focus of the event just yet, but we can assure you that it will be an exciting and empowering experience for all attendees. Stay tuned for more details as the event approaches!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Kelly8
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ughubug
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies