• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Would You Word This? or Not Do It??

a 50th birthday card signed by all of my cousins!I think it is totally fine to include a gift suggestion on an invite, as long as it is not specifically about the gift. If someone asks, you can tell them about the trip.
scottcooks
Gold Member
I'm doing a catered birthday party (appetizers, cake, champagne) at a rented hall for my wife's 50th birthday.

Is it totally inappropriate to include wording like:

"In lieu of presents, please consider contributing to our dream celebration as a family with Mickey Mouse in DisneyWorld, FL - every little bit helps"

in an evite? or on an RSVP response? :confused:

People can choose to contribute, or not. What do you think? Pretty much the guests would be close family and friends from church -- about 2 weeks after her birthday when the hall is available.

We'll celebrate as a family at home on her birthday, also have pizza with some close friends on her day.

(Yes, dear PC friends, I missed the incentive trip...)

Well maybe not cause we have a birthday Party to go to on Jan 3 and this is what the E-vite said

Let's help them celebrate with a night of live music, food and drink, dancing, and all those crazy memories.
In lieu of presents, please bring a gag gift, create a memory page (8 1/2" by 11"), or make a small donation to help send them on a well deserved trip!

If you were to post your question on the forums of etiquetthell.com, you would be told that it is absolutely inappropriate to reference gifts in any way on an invitation. I personally agree with that, but not everyone else might.

Ouch. Tricky one asking for money for any reason. I think though that it actually sounds OK the way you have it. It is not pushy and it does leave them with a choice so... I think your safe Scott. I would put it in as a P.S. though on written or e-mailed invites. Leave off the "every little bit helps" part though.

This is a sticky issue....and my gut tells me that actively steering people in the direction of a type of present is still not on the good manners list. As it's your wife's 50th birthday, people may be more likely to ask her (or you) what she wants. Then, I think it's ok to mention the trip.

Happy birthday to your wife!

I think it sounds tacky unless you can find a much more subtle way of inferring thats what you'd like.

I actually think it would be fine. I woujld rather contribute $10 or $20 for a nice trip than get her something she might not like, use, or even be able to return. Just my 2 cents worth.

NooraK said:
If you were to post your question on the forums of etiquetthell.com, you would be told that it is absolutely inappropriate to reference gifts in any way on an invitation. I personally agree with that, but not everyone else might.

I agree. If someone asks, then you can tell them about the trip.

Why not word it like "Not sure what to get someone who has everything... why not Mickey dollars, since we are going to see him in June!" People can buy Mickey dollars at any Disney store or online and they are good ANYWHERE on Disney property (food, hotels, gift shops, etc)
We are letting are kids earn Mickey dollars for the next few months, then they have spending money in June!!

Yeah, don't think it is a very good idea as it's not very good etiquette to reference gifts on an invite. Perfectly ok though to let guests know what a good gift is if they ask point blank.

Yes, totally inappropriate.

Noora's right. Etiquette says that it is inappropriate to even suggest that a gift of any kind might be in order. That said, to me it would depend on if the invitation is coming from you or from someone else. For instance, if your brother is hosting the event and sending the invitations to your party in his name, a notation would come off as helpful. However, if you're hosting your own party and sending invitations on your own, it could look pretty self-serving.

Ummmm...I guess I'm a little more laid back. I don't see anything wrong with it. I would be more than happy to know up front that a welcome gift would be something specific. We are living in different times. For some that is not a welcome change, but I think it is the way we are moving towards. Less formal and more casual.

I was talking to my mom. She taught etiquette classes. And everyone here that said it is NOT OK - is absolutely right. But yes, if someone else sent out a gift suggestion, that is OK. I know this because I have approximately 24 cousins. All of whom have parents, I have 15 sets of aunts and uncles, that hit the 50 year anniversary mark. There was a present asked for to add to a "money tree" to send them on vacations or help with some sort of expense. It was the cousins, not the people celebrating, asking for the gift. That is OK. There is no correct way for you to ask for this as you would be included in the use of the gift. So...

1. How do I word a thank you note to my customers?

When writing a thank you note to your customers, it's important to be genuine and personal. Start by thanking them for their support and business. Then, mention something specific about their purchase or interaction that you appreciated. End with a warm closing and your name or signature. For example:
Dear [Customer's Name],
Thank you so much for choosing Pampered Chef for your kitchen needs. It was a pleasure meeting you at our party and I'm so glad you loved the [product]. We truly value your support and hope to see you at our next event!
Sincerely,
[Your Name]

2. What is the best way to phrase a referral request?

When asking for referrals, it's important to be direct and clear. Start by reminding the customer of your previous interaction or purchase. Then, explain why you are asking for a referral and how it will benefit them. End with a call to action and thank them in advance. For example:
Hi [Customer's Name],
I hope you are enjoying your new Pampered Chef products. I wanted to reach out and ask if you know anyone who would benefit from our kitchen tools? As a thank you for your referral, we are offering a special discount for both you and your friend. Thank you for your support!
Best,
[Your Name]

3. How should I word a product demonstration invitation?

When inviting customers to a product demonstration, it's important to convey the excitement and benefits of attending. Start by explaining why the event is special and what they can expect to see or learn. Then, provide details on the date, time, and location. End with a call to action and a reminder to RSVP. For example:
Dear [Customer's Name],
You're invited to our exclusive Pampered Chef product demonstration on [date]! Join us for a fun and interactive evening where you can see our latest kitchen gadgets in action. Don't miss out on delicious food, great company, and special offers. Please RSVP by [RSVP date].
See you there!
Best,
[Your Name]

4. How do I politely ask for a review or feedback?

When asking for a review or feedback, it's important to be polite and respectful of the customer's time. Start by thanking them for their previous purchase or interaction. Then, explain why their feedback is important to you and how it will help improve your products or services. End with a call to action and a reminder that their opinion matters to you. For example:
Hi [Customer's Name],
Thank you for choosing Pampered Chef for your kitchen needs. We hope you are enjoying your purchase! We value our customers' opinions and would love to hear your feedback. Your review will help us continue to provide quality products and services. Please take a moment to leave us a review on our website. Thank you!
Best,
[Your Name]

5. Is there a proper way to apologize to a customer for a mistake?

When apologizing to a customer for a mistake, it's important to take responsibility and show genuine remorse. Start by acknowledging the mistake and apologizing for any inconvenience it may have caused. Then, explain what steps you are taking to rectify the situation. End with a sincere apology and a promise to do better in the future. For example:
Dear [Customer's Name],
I wanted to personally apologize for the mistake that occurred with your recent order. We take full responsibility and are deeply sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are working to resolve the issue and ensure it doesn't happen again. Please accept our sincere apology and know that we value your support.
Best,
[Your Name]

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
nicki25
  • Nanisu