1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Ok all you creative people out there, how would I do this?

1. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

On of my team members has a customer who is graduating from College and moving out and wants all PC stuff for her new kitchen for graduation. She wanted to set up a registry online and let people know that's what she wants. Of course, we only have bridal registries now. I suggested we do a show and have it be like a bridal shower, but she doesn't have time for that with graduation and a lot of her family and friends live far away. So how could she do this creatively? My consultant does have her own website--can a host post her wish list on the consultant's website? Could she in essence just set up a catalog show on her website and have a way for the host post what she would like, kind of like a bridal shower???

Help....

May 14, 2009
  2. Nanisu

Sorry, it's early here in California. That's ONE of my team members, not ON of my team members...

May 14, 2009
  3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Could it be a posted list in her News section? Then have people look there first, then order?

May 14, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

What Amanda said.

Post her wishlist in your news section, and make sure you've checked it so that it shows up on your homepage....."SUZIE Q's GRADUATION WISH LIST"

With the wish list, also have instructions for how to place an order online as part of a show, or how to contact you directly to place the order. (some people prefer that option).

May 14, 2009
  5. amy07

amy07 Senior Member

you'd also have to constantly update that wish list, right?

May 14, 2009
  6. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Exactly!

Also have the "host" set up an evite announcing the graduation show. She can indicate the news link info, and also list the website info. I would also have her mention that they can just email the consultant for the wishlist. Just be sure that the wishlist is updated as the orders come in....both on the newslink and on the consultant's email wish list.

7. Nanisu

At this point she's thinking of setting the show up as a bridal registry with the date of the graduation and an imaginary groom's name and then sending out a custom email saying she is NOT getting married, just wants a bunch of stuff for her kitchen for graduation...I like these ideas mentioned above but they are way too complicated for this consultant--she is an in and out consultant and still calls Consultant's Corner "pampered partner" and she is very PC challenged--can't remember the names of products, etc....so I can't imagine her doing the setting up the wish list as news on her website thing---any other ideas we can come up with?

May 15, 2009
  8. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

If the college student has a blog or a FB page, she can post her wish list there & then have the people making purchases post a response showing what they just ordered. That would alleviate duplicates ... maybe!

May 15, 2009
  9. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Added note: Just make sure the college student understands NOT to post a link to the consultant's web page. :)

May 15, 2009
  10. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

Here's a file to give to guests. You register, then the guest has to be technologically savvy enough to order from the show. This saves on shipping.

I like the idea of facebook or just sending a wish list in a attachment with the invite.

Attached Files:

May 20, 2009
  11. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Bee, When you do it this way, how often do you update the registry?

12. pennyn

pennyn

I had the same sort of thing and suggested the graduate set up a show and just have family and friends order her gifts certificates.... then she could use them when she got to her new home and she wouldn't have to lug PC stuff across country. Plus she would get the host benefits from catalog show where all the gift certificates were ordered from.

May 22, 2009
  13. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I like the imaginary groom ... and am wondering if you can make his name My Graduation.

But that's just me ... it irks me that we can't do gift registries for anything other than weddings. I've heard directors at regional conferences suggest the registry for long-time married couples.

Have something to add?