• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What would you wish for at HO's Leadership event?

In summary, I think HO should announce a raise and possibly new trip incentives, an increase in commission, and better commission on fundraisers.
amy07
What ONE thing would you like to see HO announce at Leadership? Please do not include your product wish list, as that needs its on thread!

And let's please keep this to serious (no Brad Pitt visits and what not) BUSINESS related items. Also please don't list trip destinations as we will all find that out in a few short weeks!

Think carefully........you may just get it!:cool:

A Raise!!!!!

New trip incentives - 3 months to earn a trip rather than an entire year.

An increase in commission would be nice, too!

Some type of commission or 'bonus' (trip points maybe?) for our hosts' purchases.

Better commision on fundraisers!

This is boring compared to a raise, but I wish we could have links to our website areas put into our e-mails. And/or a way to send out a newsletter from our PWS that could be tracked to see how many are opened. Also I'd like to know how many times my website is accessed. It would be great if we could put our newsletters together with wording available from HO like we have wording available for our PWS. KWIM?

I'm ready to take a beating for this, but.......................
Here's mine: Director By-Pass aside from Relinquishment

Here's what I mean: If you promote to a Director level higher than your 1st line Director, she would have a certain time frame to promote herself or else lose you and your team to the next upline Director. If there is no one for you to roll up to, then you would fall under HO Direct.

Can you imagine the amount of money HO would be saving in Director overrides. Someone once told me that there is nothing wrong in my business that can't be solved by recruiting........;)

So basically:
If you are a Director, you cannot have an AD or above in your first line
If you are an AD, you cannot have a SD or above in your first line
SD - no Exec in your first line
Exec - no SED
SED - no NED

If an upper level Director loses a Director level due to relinquishment of a downline Director I think they should have atleast 6 months to regain their status for EACH relinquished Director.
Ex. SD Betty has 4 Directors. 1 relinquishes making her an AD. SD Betty also has a SD (Wilma) in her 1st line. Betty must now re-promote as a SD in x months in order to maintain SD Wilma.

Does that make sense?

Of course there would have to be some kind of Grandfather clause for those that are already in this situation.

On second thought, maybe Leadership would NOT be the time to announce something like that. I think it would cause a riot!

Last edited:
I'd like to see...

...contests on a regional level. So many times, I've had what was (I thought) a rockin' good month, only to find that those on the East Coast have smoked me out of the water. So maybe do something by region...like Midwest, New England, Northwest, etc. Or by state. That could be fun.

...breakdown of that map Marla showed at National Conference and one for the national level. I was just thinking about that map of the Chicagoland area, and something horrible struck my mind. Remember how the map wasn't labeled and Marla (it was Marla, right?) said that just north or whatever of that "saturated" market was a place where there was nothing? I grew up in Chicagoland, and I'm now wondering if that nothing place was the airport. ( I know, it's a horrible thought that they'd pull this!) Those of you familiar with Chicagoland know where O'Hare is situated...I mean, south of that is what, Bensenville, Franklin Park, and then Elmhurst? Just to the west of O'Hare is like Elk Grove Village, Schaumburg, Hoffman Estates. Anyway, I'd love to see a map like that we can all use for our areas. (And then I'd check the map for Chicago, just to shut myself up.)

Amy, I love the way you think. There would be HUGE backlash from that one, though. A lot of people would lose a lot of income.

JAE said:
This is boring compared to a raise, but I wish we could have links to our website areas put into our e-mails. And/or a way to send out a newsletter from our PWS that could be tracked to see how many are opened. Also I'd like to know how many times my website is accessed. It would be great if we could put our newsletters together with wording available from HO like we have wording available for our PWS. KWIM?

I totally agree. I find the website too hard to email my contacts from (other than for shows). I hate not being able to personalize it (change fonts, sizes, etc).

On the contest note, I would like it to be level oriented - like the top 5 consultants, FD, D, AD, etc... That would level the playing field for those of us stuck at FD level, or whatever.

I would like to only enter the host information ONCE. Like only needing to input the info into our PWS and then be able to pull it over it into P3 (like we can with orders via the PWS for a show)

Amy, I like your way of thinking, too.....I have never really understood why it was acceptable to have an upper level D in your downline! I don't think HO would ever let this happen though!

I would like to see
better ways to do a fundraiser and more $ for the people we would do them for
change in commission rate
training for "old" Directors equivalent to the NDA

DebbieJ said:
Amy, I love the way you think. There would be HUGE backlash from that one, though. A lot of people would lose a lot of income.

That's true. But that is why I think there should be some kind of grandfather clause.

But it would provide a way for a Consultant to remove herself from an unfavorable Director. Promote yourself to where you want to be, hmmmmm. How many would work harder for HO?

chefmeg said:
Amy, I like your way of thinking, too.....I have never really understood why it was acceptable to have an upper level D in your downline! I don't think HO would ever let this happen though!
I would like to see
better ways to do a fundraiser and more $ for the people we would do them for
change in commission rate
training for "old" Directors equivalent to the NDA

In all honesty, maybe HO has never really taken on how often in occurs and to what level. I'd like to believe that Doris didn't think there would be those who would take advantage of the system. Or should I say, that the levels wouldn't "flow". Obviously when you look at the P&P, as a whole they want to help those who promote themselves. Thus a Consultant who promotes to Director before her recruiter rolls up. Seems like the rest of the lineage should follow. But again, that is why it is my wish......

KellyTheChef said:
I would like to only enter the host information ONCE. Like only needing to input the info into our PWS and then be able to pull it over it into P3 (like we can with orders via the PWS for a show)

If you sync P3 with your PWS, you basically just have to search for the host's personal info, type in the date, and you're done.

So would I add my host to my PWS first, or to P3?

Would I have to "resync" before searching for the new person?

Sorry, Deb...I am just not following!! Blame it on baby brain!! lol

I would like to see the ability to earn points on the host specials. Also a better fundraiser program!

A Decent Fundraiser Program

As a director in re-promotion due to illness (Thyroid Cancer), I would like to see some type of leave of absense that gives you time to recover from something like this. I am quite certain I will lose everything I have worked for when this is all said and done!

I would like to see an incentive track for consultants that don't have a knack or desire to recruit. They love the products and the parties, but leading a team is just not for them.

I would have to second (or third) the wish to earn incentive points for the Host 1/2 price and 60% items.

A higher commission rate. Even if it is just 5% that would be a good increase from where we are now. That little bit can make a huge difference in a family's budget.

A better fundraiser program. I liked the product fundraiser we used to have. I would like to see the organization get a better percentage. There are much better programs out there. A commission raise would be great too. And, it would be nice to get something for the host specials and half-price items...at least points for the trips. I understand that most companies make consultants pay for their host items. I think its great that we don't have to, but it would be nice to get some kind of "reward" for it.

pjpamchef said:
As a director in re-promotion due to illness (Thyroid Cancer), I would like to see some type of leave of absense that gives you time to recover from something like this. I am quite certain I will lose everything I have worked for when this is all said and done!

I would like to second this one. Although my illness was not nearly what you are overcoming, I tried to work with HO to maintain my directorship since it is fairly new and no deal. So I am in re-promotion.

Definately an improved fundraiser program...a raise is always nice too...love the idea of points for host purchases!

Chef Kearns said:
I would like to see an incentive track for consultants that don't have a knack or desire to recruit. They love the products and the parties, but leading a team is just not for them.

I would have to second (or third) the wish to earn incentive points for the Host 1/2 price and 60% items.

A higher commission rate. Even if it is just 5% that would be a good increase from where we are now. That little bit can make a huge difference in a family's budget.

I would like this too!

And also a different Fundraiser structure or higher percentage....and to be able to at least earn points for Hosts 1/2 price items....

amy07 said:
In all honesty, maybe HO has never really taken on how often in occurs and to what level. I'd like to believe that Doris didn't think there would be those who would take advantage of the system. Or should I say, that the levels wouldn't "flow". Obviously when you look at the P&P, as a whole they want to help those who promote themselves. Thus a Consultant who promotes to Director before her recruiter rolls up. Seems like the rest of the lineage should follow. But again, that is why it is my wish......
I don't think it's taking advantage of the system if you have a recruit that is amazing.

I think it's fair (but hard for the passed up consultant) to have a director bypass if her recruiter isn't at least a director but I think when it comes to upper levels it should stay as is. Part of our job is to encourage our team to promote and if they happen to be on fire their director shouldn't be punished if she doesn't promote as quickly.

I do think they should find a way to allow consultants to change directors without waiting 12 months though. Maybe have them resign and pay for a new kit or give something to the recruiter like they do for those that live in the US and recruit a Canadian consultant.

BethCooks4U said:
I don't think it's taking advantage of the system if you have a recruit that is amazing.

I think it's fair (but hard for the passed up consultant) to have a director bypass if her recruiter isn't at least a director but I think when it comes to upper levels it should stay as is. Part of our job is to encourage our team to promote and if they happen to be on fire their director shouldn't be punished if she doesn't promote as quickly.

I do think they should find a way to allow consultants to change directors without waiting 12 months though. Maybe have them resign and pay for a new kit or give something to the recruiter like they do for those that live in the US and recruit a Canadian consultant.

What if that director is an SD who doesn't do ANYTHING except meet the bare minimums monthly (Doesn't even have a website!) in order to collect the $8000 in commission she makes monthly from first line who have all promoted past her? I know someone like this, and it is totally unfair. She actually earned TPC in 2 categories this past year without working for it at all, and didn't even realize she was supposed to walk the stage. THAT is how out of it she is.

ChefBeckyD said:
What if that director is an SD who doesn't do ANYTHING except meet the bare minimums monthly (Doesn't even have a website!) in order to collect the $8000 in commission she makes monthly from first line who have all promoted past her? I know someone like this, and it is totally unfair. She actually earned TPC in 2 categories this past year without working for it at all, and didn't even realize she was supposed to walk the stage. THAT is how out of it she is.

I agree that in that kind of case it is not right that she should get so much for doing nothing but if the director is working her business she shouldn't be penalized because she inspired someone to promote past her just because some others don't work their business.

I know a former director in our area that did NOTHING for years except sell her PC items she purchased to meet her minimum's on eBay so that she would still get the overrides on my AD and her downline~it was well worth spending the $250 (now changed to $750) a month to make over $2000 on a downline she never supported~there has to be some accountability for Directors....somehow HO needs to see that there are people gaining income without giving the support we are asked to give when we sign our Director agreement.

BethCooks4U said:
I agree that in that kind of case it is not right that she should get so much for doing nothing but if the director is working her business she shouldn't be penalized because she inspired someone to promote past her just because some others don't work their business.

So, maybe there just needs to be some sort of recruiting requirement, or proof that you are holding meetings and training your downline...of something...so that you do have to keep working your business, and can't just sit and let others work while you rake in the $$. (around here, that smacks of Amway....probably makes us more sensitive to it.)

ChefBeckyD said:
So, maybe there just needs to be some sort of recruiting requirement, or proof that you are holding meetings and training your downline...of something...so that you do have to keep working your business, and can't just sit and let others work while you rake in the $$. (around here, that smacks of Amway....probably makes us more sensitive to it.)

I totally agree. I know that HO is calling new consultants now and asking if they are getting support from their director so it is possible that they are already working toward that end.

I agree - better fundraiser - a raise would be nice though too.

ChefBeckyD said:

and I think the "Amway" attitude is what we all fear the most, so it truly needs to be addressed. I never knew there were so many D's there that really didn't help their teams until I saw proof on CS, so the situation needs to address how they hold us responsible for what we signed and said we would do!

BethCooks4U said:
I totally agree. I know that HO is calling new consultants now and asking if they are getting support from their director so it is possible that they are already working toward that end.

I didn't know that! That is a great step in the right direction!

pjpamchef said:

Would the personal sales waiver help you?? I put one in for me, but I don't know how it works for directors. But, I completely agree with you. I don't have a team under me yet, but I think that's a good thing, because I wouldn't be able to do anything for them right now! HO should be flexible in certain situations, ie: illness

chefshawna said:
Would the personal sales waiver help you?? I put one in for me, but I don't know how it works for directors. But, I completely agree with you. I don't have a team under me yet, but I think that's a good thing, because I wouldn't be able to do anything for them right now! HO should be flexible in certain situations, ie: illness

Directors can put in a personal sales waiver but there is nothing they can do about losing their team if they go past repromotion.

If a director doesn't have $750 in personal sales, 5 active consultants and $4000 in team sales she goes into reliquishment and then repromotion. If she has a health problem that keeps her from doing her personal business she can get a sales waiver but her team still has to have the 5 consultants and $4000 team sales. If she can't do her personal business it's hard to be recruiting and often even to keep the team motivated to do their businesses. If she's new or has a small team she has little chance to keep her directorship. I think this needs to change - of course the reason has to be a good one - but there should be some way for a director to save her directorship when circumstances are beyond her control.

That being said, Pampered Chef does give a new director the first 3 months (they don't count toward relinquishment) and after that 3 months relinquishment then 3 months repromotion so she has 6 to 9 months to get healthy and working again. Many businesses don't do that, especially in DS.

ChefBeckyD said:

:eek::eek::eek:Oh, HO Lurkers.................Please take note!

That is EXACTLY the kind of blatant abuse of the current policies I'd LOVE to see addressed! For the amount of commission overrides that HO could save, we ALL could see an increase in our commission structure and better a Fundraiser program. I'm sure this is NOT the only example. I do NOT know who Becky is referring to, nor do I care to know. But I think examples (and we all know some) like this is EXACTLY what gives this business a bad reputation!

And for clarification, I do NOT think PC has a bad reputation. Just DS in general can get a bad name for this type of thing

Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:

ChefBeckyD said:

amy07 said:
:eek::eek::eek:Oh, HO Lurkers.................Please take note!

That is EXACTLY the kind of blatant abuse of the current policies I'd LOVE to see addressed! For the amount of commission overrides that HO could save, we ALL could see an increase in our commission structure and better a Fundraiser program. I'm sure this is NOT the only example. I do NOT know who Becky is referring to, nor do I care to know. But I think examples (and we all know some) like this is EXACTLY what gives this business a bad reputation!
One way that part of that issue could be addressed would be to require minimums in various business activities to achieve TPC, and make those minimums higher than the minimums to keep Directorship. One of my former upline achieved TPC within the last couple of years, and has been doing bare minimums (not even every month, either). It wouldn't eliminate the people who work the system, but it would prevent them from being recognized and awarded with TPC.

A lot of you mentioned getting a raise. There is one way to get a raise--do more shows. :)Based on conversations with a few folks in high places, I am fairly confident a raise will not be coming.

Regarding a change in the fundraiser percentage, we had a HO person come to our leadership "retreat" last fall and she pretty much said that fundraising is not PC's focus, and that changes in that wouldn't be a priority for PC.

Personally, for me, I would like some sort of reward for number of shows submitted. Maybe points toward the trips, in addition to our sales.

Now where is the "what I wish for in the way of new products thread?"

Ok, I will go and start one... I am off.

I'm not looking for a raise, I'm happy with our compensation.

I would LOVE :love: it if we got incentive points on the Host's purchases. That would be wonderful!!!

It would be nice if our fund raising percentages started at 15% and went to 20%.

chefann said:
One way that part of that issue could be addressed would be to require minimums in various business activities to achieve TPC, and make those minimums higher than the minimums to keep Directorship. One of my former upline achieved TPC within the last couple of years, and has been doing bare minimums (not even every month, either). It wouldn't eliminate the people who work the system, but it would prevent them from being recognized and awarded with TPC.

Yeah, unfortunately (well, fortunately for them I guess) the requirements for Upper Level Directors are actually less than for Directors and below. The thought process is that their time is taken up with training their downlines. Funny thing - I rarely get anything from anyone higher than my director. My director wasn't passing things on so we didn't get any of that training but now she resigned so I am now under my ED (who I just love!) so I get much better training - and it's obvious she works her business and is always mentioned in the CN. She offers training to our downlines - we just have to let her and them know about it. We directors have to participate in that but hello! that's how we advance too. Wish I was aware of that a couple years ago! She doesn't pass down much from our NED but I have to think that some of what she shares comes from there. My NED is under a couple other NEDs (MJR for one) and I never get any of that training (unless it's posted on CS or DCS)!:cry:

I think the more people you have between your NED or SED or ED the less training you get. They don't want to undermine the director but I wish they'd still send it down. I think they lose out on some awesome consultants who would surely achieve great things if they just had some guidance.

I totally hear what you're saying, Beth. I don't know how much info was sent along from my NED that wasn't passed along by my former upline. It's frustrating.But I don't think that a $12,000 annual personal sales requirement in order to get TPC in First Line Cluster Sales or Overall Cluster Sales is excessive. That's only $1000 a month - 2-3 shows. And it shows that the upper level director in question is serious about their business and not trying to float along on the efforts of their team.Edit: I just double-checked the TPC requirements, and there is a $15k personal sales requirement on the categories I specifically mentioned. I don't see how someone could meet that requirement without working their business.

Last edited:
Chef Kearns said:

I second that!!!!

chefann said:
I totally hear what you're saying, Beth. I don't know how much info was sent along from my NED that wasn't passed along by my former upline. It's frustrating.

But I don't think that a $12,000 annual personal sales requirement in order to get TPC in First Line Cluster Sales or Overall Cluster Sales is excessive. That's only $1000 a month - 2-3 shows. And it shows that the upper level director in question is serious about their business and not trying to float along on the efforts of their team.

I was not at all disagreeing with you. I agree that they should have at least those minimum requirements. What I was saying is that they don't evidently because of their administrative duties.

The salaries I have real problems with are the executives in the company. How many managers do we really need and can you imagine what they make? I'm not just talking sales managers, I'm talking all those department managers and top dogs at HO.

My wish for Leadership announcements is an overhaul of the HWC program. I think the products need to be revamped so that they're things people can actually use multiples of (and are therefore more likely to be used). I'd also like to see the money go to research instead of just awareness and education. I had several customers this year not purchase because it didn't fund research. I think it should also be expanded to cover cancer in general - lots of the people to whom I spoke either were sick of breast cancer FRs, or would rather fund programs for other cancers.

Revamp the Fundraiser program

Make HWC more interesting (I like Ann's ideas)

Trip points on Host order

Quit making the Trifle Bowl the host special

Incentives that Hobbiest Consultants can achieve

pamperedlinda said:
Revamp the Fundraiser program

Make HWC more interesting (I like Ann's ideas)

Trip points on Host order

Quit making the Trifle Bowl the host special

Incentives that Hobbiest Consultants can achieve

YES!!! No matter what HO might think, people don't really want multiples of this! It's not much of an incentive for those that already have it.

<h2>1. What is the purpose of HO's Leadership event?</h2><p>The purpose of HO's Leadership event is to provide training, inspiration, and networking opportunities for Pampered Chef consultants. It is also a time for the company to make important announcements and share future plans.</p><h2>2. Will there be any new products or updates announced at the Leadership event?</h2><p>While we cannot reveal any specific details, we can assure you that HO always has exciting announcements and updates to share at Leadership. We recommend attending the event to be among the first to hear about them!</p><h2>3. Can attendees expect any special guest speakers at the Leadership event?</h2><p>HO often invites special guest speakers to share their insights and experiences with our consultants at Leadership. While we cannot confirm any names or specifics, we can assure you that there will be valuable speakers at this year's event.</p><h2>4. Will there be any changes to the compensation plan announced at the Leadership event?</h2><p>The Leadership event is a great opportunity for HO to share any updates or changes to the compensation plan. We recommend attending the event to get the most accurate and up-to-date information.</p><h2>5. Is there a specific theme or focus for this year's Leadership event?</h2><p>We cannot reveal the theme or focus of the event just yet, but we can assure you that it will be an exciting and empowering experience for all attendees. Stay tuned for more details as the event approaches!</p>

1. What is the purpose of HO's Leadership event?

The purpose of HO's Leadership event is to provide training, inspiration, and networking opportunities for Pampered Chef consultants. It is also a time for the company to make important announcements and share future plans.

2. Will there be any new products or updates announced at the Leadership event?

While we cannot reveal any specific details, we can assure you that HO always has exciting announcements and updates to share at Leadership. We recommend attending the event to be among the first to hear about them!

3. Can attendees expect any special guest speakers at the Leadership event?

HO often invites special guest speakers to share their insights and experiences with our consultants at Leadership. While we cannot confirm any names or specifics, we can assure you that there will be valuable speakers at this year's event.

4. Will there be any changes to the compensation plan announced at the Leadership event?

The Leadership event is a great opportunity for HO to share any updates or changes to the compensation plan. We recommend attending the event to get the most accurate and up-to-date information.

5. Is there a specific theme or focus for this year's Leadership event?

We cannot reveal the theme or focus of the event just yet, but we can assure you that it will be an exciting and empowering experience for all attendees. Stay tuned for more details as the event approaches!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Kelly8
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ughubug
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies