• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would You Make for a School Bake Sale?

In summary, the Spice Pumpkin Tartlets would be a nice change of pace, the Berries & Cream Brownie Squares would be a good option for a holiday dessert, and Lemon Cupcakes would be a great option for a summer dessert.
its_me_susan
I need to whip something up.... Don't want to be extravegant, would be nice to make a lot without a ton of work. I need to wrap individual portions too.

Last year I made the amazing cobblestone muffins... but I want to make something else.

Susan :)

Since it's the holidays, the Spice Pumpkin Tartlets would be nice. Different from the ordinary brownies and cakes.

How about making the Berries & Cream Brownie Squares? The individual portions cut nicely and look adorable.
Or heck...how 'bout Lemon Cupcakes in the Floral Cupcake Pan??

Tuxedo brownie cups...those would be easy and you could double the batch to make more...wrap 2 or 3 in pretty celophane paper and sell them...yummy

The tuxedo brownies are my new favorites. For Halloween, I made orange frosting to put in there...you could do it in school colors! ROCK ON!

pumpkin cream cheese barsMy 15 year old asked me to make these for her to take to school for a fall fun day. The kids loved them.

I love the flaky almond pretzels that are in the new cookbook, Cooking for Two or more. They are sooo yummy. They taste just like the bear claws that I used to get at a bakery in my old neighborhood. You can get 2 batches out of 1 can of almond past, so be sure to get enough puff pastry. These were a huge hit with friends and family. Also great to wrap individually, and different and a little more grown up than traditional brownies/cookies/cupcakes.

dannyzmom said:
How about making the Berries & Cream Brownie Squares? The individual portions cut nicely and look adorable.
Or heck...how 'bout Lemon Cupcakes in the Floral Cupcake Pan??

LEMON CUPCAKES!!! lol. I do have 3 boxes of that. :) Does the frosting harden up?

carissaz said:
I love the flaky almond pretzels that are in the new cookbook, Cooking for Two or more. They are sooo yummy. They taste just like the bear claws that I used to get at a bakery in my old neighborhood. You can get 2 batches out of 1 can of almond past, so be sure to get enough puff pastry. These were a huge hit with friends and family. Also great to wrap individually, and different and a little more grown up than traditional brownies/cookies/cupcakes.

I need to try these. Do they take a long time to make?

jaye said:
Since it's the holidays, the Spice Pumpkin Tartlets would be nice. Different from the ordinary brownies and cakes.

Can I make it in a loaf pan? I'm trying to get away from the time of individual little things (need to whip them up today and I have a full day). Thanks for the idea though... might have to make those for us!

tina_rn said:
My 15 year old asked me to make these for her to take to school for a fall fun day. The kids loved them.

Where's the recipe for these? Is it this one (my kids like it too) - this one is a little too moist for wrapping in plastic wrap though

Attachments

• ;-) Pumpkin Cream Cheese Squares.doc
    20 KB · Views: 335
Bake SaleCould you buy the batter bowls and make the layered mixes to go in it and sell them . They sell real well at bake sales.:)

yes the frosting on the lemon cakes does harden... and they look so cute

If you have the time, a checkerboard cake in school colors would be good. The organizers can then choose to sell the cake whole, in 2 halves or by the piece. And everyone WILL ask how you did it!

Brownie Peanut Butter Chips Cup CakesI saw Paula Dean make these, and I have been making them in the silicone pan.

Make brownie mix (cake-like directions), put 1/2 usual amount into cup, then sprinkle with peanut butter chips, then put the other 1/2 on top. Bake as usual for cupcakes.

They are so yummy, and you could do a powdered sugar glaze on the top to make them "glisten" or just put some powdered sugar on them.

They are really cute in the silicone flower pan and travel very well.

In fact, I think I'm going to make these for my Veggie Tale Moms party tomorrow night...YUM!

Thanks for getting my brain working!

mary k said:
Could you buy the batter bowls and make the layered mixes to go in it and sell them . They sell real well at bake sales.:)

I don't want to donate the bowls (could be $50),,, how do these work?

its_me_susan said:
I don't want to donate the bowls (could be $50),,, how do these work?

Not having eggs, I decided to make the YUMMY fruit and Oat scones. Yum,

the almond pretzels aren't hard to do at all, but I may avoid doing it as a demo, as you need a mixer. Plus the spreading the almond paste mixture evenly over the puff pastry would not be so graceful durung a show, its quite thick and sticky.

Last edited:

Related to What Would You Make for a School Bake Sale?

1. What are some easy and kid-friendly recipes for a school bake sale?

One easy and kid-friendly recipe for a school bake sale is chocolate chip cookies. You can also consider making brownies, rice krispie treats, or fruit skewers with a yogurt dip.

2. Do you have any allergy-friendly options for a school bake sale?

Yes, we offer a variety of allergy-friendly recipes for bake sales. Our gluten-free chocolate chip cookies and vegan banana bread are always a hit with both kids and adults.

3. Can I make a large batch of baked goods for a school bake sale?

Yes, many of our recipes are easily scalable for larger batches. Just be sure to adjust the recipe accordingly and use larger baking sheets or pans to accommodate the larger batch.

4. How can I make my baked goods stand out at a school bake sale?

One way to make your baked goods stand out is by adding a personal touch, such as custom packaging or decorations. You can also experiment with unique flavors or presentation to make your treats stand out from the rest.

5. Are there any no-bake options for a school bake sale?

Absolutely! Some great no-bake options for a school bake sale include energy balls, granola bars, and chocolate covered pretzels. These treats are easy to make and require no oven or baking time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefa
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kaiser
  • Lisa/ChefBear