• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Goodies/Refreshments for Yard Sale

I know it, isn't this an amazing idea! I'm heading to Sam's Club right away to buy a big bag of smarties :)Those cookie recipes are yummy though if you are ever looking...
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
Does anyone have any good suggestions for something cheap and EASY that I could make for a refreshment stand at a yard sale?

I have a sale planned this weekend and we are to have extremely hot weather for this area. I thought I could make up some goodies and have them in individual baggies with a thankyou note tied to the top (kind of like a party favor) saying something about my Pampered Chef business. I'd love to advertise my business at this yardsale, I'm doing it with a consultant on my downline so I don't want to do a huge thing as to be fair to her, but with the heat I thought some goodies and some water/lemonaide would work nicely. We're doing it at my home so I thought this would still be fair.

Any thoughts?

What would you make?

Lemon Lime Fizz would be a great cool down drink. Brownie Truffle Bites are quick and easy to make.

cran raspberry fizz or lemon lime fizz would be nice. Some type of cookie or bar cookie to put in the baggie
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 cup crunchy-style peanut butter
3/4 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package (6 ounces) chocolate morsels

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Measure peanut butter, shortening and brown sugar into Classic Batter Bowl using Measure-All® Cup. Add granulated sugar, egg and vanilla; beat until thoroughly combined.

2. In Small Batter Bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to peanut butter mixture; mix well. Stir in chocolate morsels. Using Medium Scoop, drop batter 2 inches apart onto Rectangle Stone. Bake 10-15 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes; remove cookies to Stackable Cooling Rack to cool.

Yield: 4 dozen cookies

Chocolate Cluster Cookies
Ingredients:
1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
1/2 cup plain candy-coated chocolate pieces

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Unwrap cookie dough; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Measure peanut butter using Measure-All® Cup; add to cookie dough. Mix well using Mix 'N Scraper®. Chop nuts using Food Chopper. Add nuts, chocolate morsels, oats and candy-coated chocolate pieces to dough; mix well.

2. Drop dough 1 inch apart onto Large Round Stone using Medium Scoop. Bake 16-18 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown. Cool 2-3 minutes on Baking Stone; remove to Stackable Cooling Rack using Mini-Serving Spatula. Cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough. Store in tightly covered container.

Yield: About 2 dozen 2-inch cookies

Get a bag of Smarties and attach a paper that reads

Be a Smarty have a party! Then put you name and number and website then a $5.00 if you host a party in July-August or Sept. or whatever you are trying to book..

Good luck.. Smarties won't melt and you can reuse them...

woodysir said:
get A Bag Of Smarties And Attach A Paper That Reads

Be A Smarty Have A Party! Then Put You Name And Number And Website Then A $5.00 If You Host A Party In July-august Or Sept. Or Whatever You Are Trying To Book..

Good Luck.. Smarties Won't Melt And You Can Reuse Them...

Oh My Gosh, How Cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woodysir said:
Get a bag of Smarties and attach a paper that reads

Be a Smarty have a party! Then put you name and number and website then a $5.00 if you host a party in July-August or Sept. or whatever you are trying to book..

Good luck.. Smarties won't melt and you can reuse them...

That is so clever, I am going to use that if you don't mind :) I need August bookings :) I have a vendor fair in July ( 2 of them) and I am going to hand those out. wow, you are so clever :)

merego said:
That is so clever, I am going to use that if you don't mind :) I need August bookings :) I have a vendor fair in July ( 2 of them) and I am going to hand those out. wow, you are so clever :)

I know it, isn't this an amazing idea! I'm heading to Sam's Club right away to buy a big bag of smarties :)

Those cookie recipes are yummy though if you are ever looking for a good recipe :)

merego said:
Those cookie recipes are yummy though if you are ever looking for a good recipe :)

Oh, I'll be trying those out as well :) I'm 8 months pregnant and NEVER turn down sweets LoL

If you want a little more work (and expense) you could do ice cream sandwiches with our little maker (or not). I really like the smartee idea. You have answered my question about what to toss out next year for our 4th of July parade!!

Chef Kearns said:
If you want a little more work (and expense) you could do ice cream sandwiches with our little maker (or not). I really like the smartee idea. You have answered my question about what to toss out next year for our 4th of July parade!!

Do you say
Be a smarty, smartie or smartee???
Throw a party

I am going to do these for a breast cnacer benefit I am doing in 2 weeks.

They would be a smarty, course you could use the spelling from the candy. Check how the company spells it.

I was thinking
Be a smarty, throw a party as mentioned earlier, but wanted to double check incase people used the actaul candy spelling :)

Ok, I need some help... I went to my local Sam's Club (small town, not too many options) and of course, NO Smarties! So I did some shopping and I found Dum Dums and Airheads. Now I nead a good rhyme to go with these so I can start packaging them all up.

I was thinking something along the lines of "Don't be a Dum Dum, call me for the Yum Yum's!"

and,

Don't be an Airhead, book a show with me instead!"

Anyone more creative than me???

Oh and I've decided to keep it simple as it's so freaking hot here and I didn't want to turn on the oven because of it...

I picked up lemonaide mix (will use the quick stir pitchers of course!), grapes, and I already had a huge box of popcorn I hadn't been using. I bought those mini sandwhich bags and I packaged up individual portions of grapes and popcorn in them. I'll serve the grapes in the large Chillzane bowl to keep them cool. On the outside I put one of my labels (like a business card). The candy I'm handing out for free as advertisement, the lemonaide, grapes, & popcorn, I'll sell for 25 cents a piece and with the labels on them, it will still be advertising!!!

What do you all think?

Cookies
Brownies
Cupcakes
Ooooh I just remembered that tasty White Crunch bark!

These are all pretty tasty, and cheap. I love the smarties idea too! I am doing something at an apartment complex this Saturday morning to generate bookings and leads, so this will work out nicely! Thanks for the idea!

Debbie :D

OhmyDLM said:
Ok, I need some help... I went to my local Sam's Club (small town, not too many options) and of course, NO Smarties! So I did some shopping and I found Dum Dums and Airheads. Now I nead a good rhyme to go with these so I can start packaging them all up.

I was thinking something along the lines of "Don't be a Dum Dum, call me for the Yum Yum's!"

and,

Don't be an Airhead, book a show with me instead!"

Anyone more creative than me???

My creative brain shut off for the night :( I like the Dum Dum and Yum Yums :), but they are both clever :) I am determined to find a rhyme for dum dum now though.

I love dum-dums. How about using the first letters in Dum-Dum for a saying.

Desire to host a Pampered Chef show?
Understand it's the only way to go!
Money you will definitely save, I insist!
Deciding on your free product list
Use this opportunity to start a biz
Making money with PC like a wiz

Something like that.
Debbie :chef:

WOW! I love how creative you all are :) I already printed 150 of the yum yum sayings and attached the DumDum's to it with a coupon, but I'm saving this for next time!!! I think I'm going to start giving away these types of things at my show checkouts as well since I bought a 350 piece bag of Dum Dum's LoL

DebbieSAChef said:
I love dum-dums. How about using the first letters in Dum-Dum for a saying.

Desire to host a Pampered Chef show?
Understand it's the only way to go!
Money you will definitely save, I insist!
Deciding on your free product list
Use this opportunity to start a biz
Making money with PC like a wiz

Something like that.
Debbie :chef:

WOW, very creative!! I was still trying to think up a ryhme for dum dums :)
I did find smarties and did the be a smarty, host a party. Now I just have to tie the ribbon on all of them which will take forever and a day.

Related to Goodies/Refreshments for Yard Sale

1. What types of refreshments are best to offer at a yard sale?

Some popular options for refreshments at a yard sale include lemonade, iced tea, and bottled water. Light snacks such as cookies, chips, and fruit are also great choices.

2. How much should I charge for refreshments at my yard sale?

It is common to charge around $1 for refreshments at a yard sale. However, you can also offer them for free as a courtesy to your customers.

3. Do I need to have a permit to sell refreshments at a yard sale?

This may vary depending on your location. It is best to check with your local government to see if a permit is required for selling refreshments at a yard sale.

4. Can I use my own homemade treats for refreshments at a yard sale?

While homemade treats can be a nice touch, it is important to note that some customers may have food allergies or dietary restrictions. It is best to offer a variety of store-bought options as well to accommodate all customers.

5. How can I keep my refreshments fresh and safe during a yard sale?

Be sure to keep all food and drinks in a cool, shaded area to prevent spoilage. Also, use clean serving utensils and provide hand sanitizer or wipes for customers to use before handling food or drinks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MeredithG
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
MeredithG
  • chefloretta
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
JanisF
  • kisrae