• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some store-bought chips that would pair well with Apple Berry Salsa?

It sounds like you might be able to get away with not making the chips at all and just using the dip. Thanks for the suggestion!I prefer to use the cinnamon wheat thins. They're really good and so much easier to open up a bag. Sometimes you can find cinnamon tortilla chips at the store. Otherwise, the Flat Earth Berry chips would be really good, although they might overpower the flavor of the salsa. Graham crackers are an inexpensive and easy to find substitute, too.Here you go: store-bought cinnamon chips would work great as a substitution for the baked chips.
bridgetbakes
I would like to make this as a quick 2nd recipe at a show. However, I do not want to make the suggested baked cinnamon chips to accompany it.

I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for something "store-bought" that would be a good substitute?

I prefer to use the cinnamon wheat thins. They're really good and so much easier to open up a bag.

Sometimes you can find cinnamon tortilla chips at the store. Otherwise, the Flat Earth Berry chips would be really good, although they might overpower the flavor of the salsa. Graham crackers are an inexpensive and easy to find substitute, too.

can I have the recipe for the salsa?

here you go :)

Attachments

• Apple Berry Salsa with Cinnamon Chips.doc
    24 KB · Views: 307
this sounds good! I think I might make this for a christmas party we go to that everyone brings appetizers to. I'd have to omit the kiwi though, my mom and myself are allergic to them. allthough we both LOVE them! Probably have to add more of something to subsitute not having the kiwis thoug. Also,I wouldn't want to buy a whole jar of apple jelly, so I think I'll try it with apricot jelly instead, I have that on hand.

pamperedmomto3 said:
I prefer to use the cinnamon wheat thins. They're really good and so much easier to open up a bag.

Ditto! I always use these and people love them. There's also a recipe that is kind of like this but uses craisins and is a bit more fallish. It was in a season's best a couple years ago. I'll post it when I find it!

Here it is, but I just do the salsa part:

The Pampered Chef ® Caramel Apple Dessert Duo Recipe

Dip
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping

Salsa
1 medium Granny Smith apple
1 medium red apple
1 lemon
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
Sweet & Crispy Tortilla Chips or apple wedges

For dip, place cream cheese in Small Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until softened. Whisk until smooth using Stainless Whisk. Add peanut butter and ice cream topping; whisk until smooth.

For salsa, core and slice apples, leaving peels on, using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Coarsely chop apple slices using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Finely zest lemon using Microplane® Adjustable Grater to measure 1/2 teaspoon zest. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 1 teaspoon juice. Add lemon zest, juice, cranberries, ice cream topping and cinnamon to batter bowl; mix well. To serve, spoon dip and salsa into Simple Additions® Small Bowls; place in Small Bowl Caddy. Serve with Sweet & Crispy Tortilla Chips or apple wedges, if desired.

Yield: 1 3/4 cups dip (12 servings) 2 1/2 cups salsa (12 servings)
Nutrients per serving: (2 tablespoons dip): Calories 160, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 130 mg, Fiber 0 g

(Light) Nutrients per serving (3 tablespoons salsa): Calories 50, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 15 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

I like the sounds of this one too! Thanks both of you!

Pringles makes Cinnamon Sweet Potato Chips. They're great with the salsa.

The thin little graham crackers (look like sticks) work well with it. I do this a lot in the fall along with the spiced pumpkin dip and serve them together in the SA with the graham crackers. It's YUMMMMY

I have served it over vanilla ice cream at shows. Yummy and you will sell a lot of Ice Cream Dippers, too!

Yeah, The Furry Guy loves it on ice cream.

I have served this with just regular cinnamon graham crackers at shows before.

bridgetbakes said:
I would like to make this as a quick 2nd recipe at a show. However, I do not want to make the suggested baked cinnamon chips to accompany it.

I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for something "store-bought" that would be a good substitute?
Our local BJ's warehouse store sells bags of Cinnamon Pita chips, made by a company called "Stacy's". They have several other varieties that are pretty good...parmesean, garlic, sea salt, etc.

1. How many servings does the Apple Berry Salsa make?

The Apple Berry Salsa recipe makes approximately 6 cups of salsa, which amounts to about 12-15 servings.

2. Can I serve the Apple Berry Salsa with something other than chips?

Absolutely! The Apple Berry Salsa is versatile and can be served with a variety of foods such as grilled chicken, fish, or as a topping for tacos or salads.

3. How long can I store the Apple Berry Salsa in the refrigerator?

The Apple Berry Salsa can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

4. Can I substitute the honey in the recipe for a different sweetener?

Yes, you can substitute the honey for agave nectar, maple syrup, or any other liquid sweetener of your choice.

5. Can I make the Apple Berry Salsa ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Apple Berry Salsa ahead of time. However, it is best to add the diced apples and avocado right before serving to prevent them from browning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
catlwilles
  • pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Anne