• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Apple Berry Salsa Recipe for MFP: Tips and Reviews

In summary, the apple Berry salsa recipe in the new Manual Food Processor works fine. The key is not to overstuff the thing.
straitfan
Gold Member
Has anyone tried the Apple Berry Salsa recipe in the new Manual Food Processor? I need to make some up tonight, and am going to be in a hurry. I haven't used the MFP very much, and I'm not sure about the Strawberries, will they get overprocessed? Will I end up with applesauce? I'd love to hear if some one has tried it any tips you might have?
TIA!

It works fine-

I would probably do it in batches, then just mix in a bowl

The apple 1st, dump, then add strawberries & kiwi & remaining ingredients.

the key is NOT to overstuff the thing

Can you please provide the recipe? Sounds great :) Thanks!

We did it at our Cluster Meeting - just like nancycookspc said. It was great!

Oh Great! Like I said, I'm going to be rushed tonight and think this will be a good short-cut. One other question........did you run the apples through the apcs/ or just wedge them with peels on? Thanks! Sorry KPC Chef...at work and don't have the recipe with me...it's in All the Best>

When I first got my MFP, I was excited to try it, so I wedged an apple and tossed it in the pancake batter. I worked great with peel on.

Sandi

sandilou said:
When I first got my MFP, I was excited to try it, so I wedged an apple and tossed it in the pancake batter. I worked great with peel on.

Sandi

Great! I may just do it this way to save a little more time! Now if I could think of a way to get out of peeling that kiwi>>>>>>>>>>;)

I did not have the MFP yet and I did it at a show using the FC and it was fabu...

straitfan said:
Great! I may just do it this way to save a little more time! Now if I could think of a way to get out of peeling that kiwi>>>>>>>>>>;)

If you don't want to peel a kiwi, cut it in 1/2 (horizontally) and use a teaspoon to scoop it out quickly and easily.

gailz2 said:
If you don't want to peel a kiwi, cut it in 1/2 (horizontally) and use a teaspoon to scoop it out quickly and easily.

Or the avocado peeler.

I didn't get the healthy cookbook what is this recipe can I pull it up under the recipe search. I know most that are in the cookbook you can not.

Serrated peeler is great for kiwi!

KCPChef said:
Can you please provide the recipe? Sounds great :) Thanks!

Just do a search for salsa -- its in the files. :chef:

Sandi

We just did this at our cluster meeting last night. We used the apple wedger first, then the food chopper on one apple. On a second apple, we wedged it and then put it in the MFP and processed it a little. We used the Core & More on the strawberries and the serrated peeler on the kiwi. Then added the strawberries and kiwi to the MFP. It worked great. Zested the orange with the new little zester and then quartered the orange and used the Citrus Press. Let's see...was that everything? I'll have to look up the recipe and check.

cookinforyou said:
I didn't get the healthy cookbook what is this recipe can I pull it up under the recipe search. I know most that are in the cookbook you can not.

It's an old recipe from the "All the Best" cookbook. (oldie but a goodie).

I ended up doing this each ingredient separately in the MFP as someone suggested. (I did a double batch). It worked FABULOUSLY well! Like Amanda mentioned, I used the apple wedger (left the peel on), the new zester, the core and more, the serrated peeler (I knew that would work...just my OP was how to save time!!) I didn't think of using the veggie wedger on the orange and then using the press (I have the juicer). Will do it this way again!

I did it at my brunch show yesterday. I used the A/P/C/S because my host wanted to see it in action. Forgot my peeler and wish I'd known about scooping out the kiwi.

Also wish I'd known to do the apples 1st then the rest...half way through I had to ask my hostess for a spare bowl to mix it all up. Yes, I know I should have tried the recipe at home first:)

This is a recipe I'll be making all season! Love it!!

What have you been serving with the salsa? I'm trying it at home tonight and bought cinnamon graham crackers. Other suggestions?

I brought cinnamon chips that I pre-made to the show.

You can buy cinnamon chips in a lot of stores now if you don't want to make them.

i did it tonight at home to practice and it got too runny before i got my apples completely chopped. im glad to know it does fine with the peels on the apples. i wont peel them at my show in that case! lol!
I did it with the cinnamon chips
here's the recipe for who ever needed it:
Apple Berry Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
CINNAMON CHIPS
4 (7-inch) flour tortillas
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamonSALSA
2 med Granny Smith apples
1 cup strawberries -- sliced
1 kiwi fruit -- peeled and chopped
1 small orange
2 tbsp packed brown sugar
2 tbsp apple jellyPreheat oven to 400 degrees. For cinnamon chips, lightly spray tortillas with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon in flour/sugar shaker; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; place in single layer on round baking stone. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely.For salsa, peel, core, and slice apples. Cut apples into quarters; chop with food chopper. Slice strawberries and chop kiwi. Place fruit in 1 quart bowl. Zest orange and juice. Add orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar and apple jelly to fruit mixture, mix gently. Serve with cinnamon chips.that is to make it with the food chopper. just edit for mfp

I think hte Mango Salsa Sundaes will be making a comeback - beween the mango wedger and the MFP, this will be awesome! I'm doing it next weekend in fact.

S/S 2006 SBRC for the recipe.

I have been doing it at all my shows, bringing chips premade, then use apple wedger for apples, the veggie wedger for the orange and the new micro plane to zest, the core and more for strawberries and I have just been peeling the kiwi with forged cutlery. and new measuring spoons for the apple jelly.

I did this at my first show as a throwaway recipe. Made the chips ahead, and most of the salsa in the MFP the night before. I left out one apple. Then at the show, used the wedger on the apple, then tossed it in the MFP to be chopped. Stirred that into the rest of the recipe already made and chilled, and it was ready to eat. The salsa wasn't my "real" demo, but I wanted to be sure to have time to talk about the MFP, and this worked well.

makeawhisk said:
I did this at my first show as a throwaway recipe. Made the chips ahead, and most of the salsa in the MFP the night before. I left out one apple. Then at the show, used the wedger on the apple, then tossed it in the MFP to be chopped. Stirred that into the rest of the recipe already made and chilled, and it was ready to eat.

The salsa wasn't my "real" demo, but I wanted to be sure to have time to talk about the MFP, and this worked well.

This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Apple Berry Salsa is probably my favorite PC recipe. I hadn't thought about using the MFP - I have some strawberries that need to be used, I'm gonna try it! If you don't want to mess with the Pita chips the Biscoff cookies (like you get on Delta!) and can buy at Kroger (and right now my Big Lots has them!) are a really good match with it!

1. What are the ingredients in the Apple Berry Salsa?

The Apple Berry Salsa from Pampered Chef is made with fresh apples, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and a touch of honey for sweetness. It also includes a hint of lime juice for a tangy kick.

2. Is the Apple Berry Salsa spicy?

No, the Apple Berry Salsa is not spicy. It has a sweet and tangy flavor profile with a touch of honey for sweetness.

3. Can the Apple Berry Salsa be used as a dip?

Yes, the Apple Berry Salsa can be used as a dip for tortilla chips, pita chips, or any other type of chip. It can also be used as a topping for grilled chicken, fish, or pork.

4. How long does the Apple Berry Salsa last in the refrigerator?

The Apple Berry Salsa can last in the refrigerator for up to 5 days if stored in an airtight container.

5. Can I substitute the berries in the Apple Berry Salsa with other fruits?

Yes, you can substitute the berries in the Apple Berry Salsa with other fruits such as peaches, mangoes, or pineapple. However, the flavor and texture may be slightly different than the original recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Anne
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
  • Suzyengl