• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Berry Salsa: Do I Need Special Chips?

Why didn't I think of that?Wheat Thins came out with a cinnamon flavored cracker that I love to serve my Apple Berry Salsa with. You could check and see if they still have that flavor available.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I won't have time to make the yummy cinnamon chips to serve with the Apple Berry Salsa. Do you think regular tortilla chips would work? I still picture something sweet with them but I don't have any other ideas.

Do you have a store that might sell dried, sliced fruit? I wonder if any Latin food store has a commercial brand of bunuelos?

At the grocery stores around here, you can find cinnamon sugar tortilla chips.

But here is a great substitute...;)

Buy a bag of tortilla chips (not the baked kind - there needs to be GREASE!), and spread them over a large bar pan...put in oven @ 400 for about 5 minutes, take out, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and put back in oven for another 5 minutes!

TADA! Cinnamon Sugar Chips!

ChefBeckyD said:
At the grocery stores around here, you can find cinnamon sugar tortilla chips.

But here is a great substitute...;)

Buy a bag of tortilla chips (not the baked kind - there needs to be GREASE!), and spread them over a large bar pan...put in oven @ 400 for about 5 minutes, take out, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and put back in oven for another 5 minutes!

TADA! Cinnamon Sugar Chips!

I looked to see if they actually had some in this area. Not the stores I went to. But I like your idea, have you personally tried it?

wadesgirl said:
I looked to see if they actually had some in this area. Not the stores I went to. But I like your idea, have you personally tried it?

Yes. Not for the Apple Berry Salsa per se, but some friends and I did it to make Dessert Nachos one time. They turned out great!

ChefBeckyD said:
Yes. Not for the Apple Berry Salsa per se, but some friends and I did it to make Dessert Nachos one time. They turned out great!

That should work!

You can also use cinnamon graham crackers.

Dessert Nachos - more details, please. They sound interesting.​

raebates said:

This what I do and everyone loves them! And so much easier!

LeslieSGI said:
Dessert Nachos - more details, please. They sound interesting.​

Well, I don't have a recipe...some friends and I had these at a restaurant in Chicago one time, and we loved them, so decided to recreate them at home.

We took Cinnamon Chips, and layered on them sliced strawberries, bananas, pineapple, blueberries, kiwi...and then drizzled chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce, yogurt, and topped it all with whipped cream and chopped nuts...it wasn't exactly what we'd had at the restaurant, but it was still good.:D

raebates said:

Why didn't I think of that?

Wheat Thins came out with a cinnamon flavored cracker that I love to serve my Apple Berry Salsa with. You could check and see if they still have that flavor available.

1. Do I need special chips to serve with the Apple Berry Salsa?

No, you do not need any special chips to serve with the Apple Berry Salsa. Any type of tortilla chips or pita chips will work well with this salsa.

2. Can I use the Apple Berry Salsa as a topping for other dishes?

Yes, the Apple Berry Salsa can be used as a topping for various dishes such as grilled chicken, fish, or even on top of a salad. It adds a sweet and tangy flavor to any dish.

3. How long can I store the Apple Berry Salsa in the fridge?

The Apple Berry Salsa can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. After that, the texture and flavor may start to change.

4. Can I adjust the spiciness level of the Apple Berry Salsa?

Yes, you can adjust the spiciness level of the Apple Berry Salsa by adding more or less jalapeno peppers. You can also remove the seeds and membranes of the jalapeno to make it less spicy.

5. Can I make the Apple Berry Salsa ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Apple Berry Salsa ahead of time. However, it is best to add the diced apple right before serving to prevent it from turning brown. You can also make the salsa the night before and refrigerate it overnight.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Anne
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
  • pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • erinyourpclady