• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Relay for Life Bake Sale...help!

In summary, the captain asked me to help her bake for a benefit concert on Wednesday, and I found a recipe for oven caramel corn. I would also recommend making some PC recipes to include with the food.
pattidailey
I need help! :cry:Got a phone call last night from my Relay captain and she asked if I could PLEASE help her out with baking a bunch of goodies for a benefit concert we are doing on Wednesday (yes this Wednesday!!) because the other gal just backed out! So of course I said yes :eek: I was scanning my brain of easy, low cost (funny ha ha) recipes I could make. Of course the Coffeehouse Cookies were added to my list but that is all I could come up with. Any ideas?? I know it's not about me but I was hoping to maybe somehow squeeze my biz info in somehow since my PC fundraiser idea was shot down... I suppose this is my chance. :chef: I would really appreciate any input or help. THANK YOU!

In the All The Best cookbook, there is a bar cookie - with apricot or raspberry jam..I can't remember the name right now, but they are very pretty, and simple to make, and make a large batch.

Also - Tuxedo Brownie Cups are easy, and make a large batch.

If you have the Floral Cupcake Silicone Pan, or the Mini Fluted Pan - those would make pretty muffins or cakes - perfect size for a Bake Sale! I love the recipe for the caramel cakes that came out w/ the Floral Pan!

I would package them in small bags with a business card and the recipe!

I would definitely make some PC recipes, preferably ones that you have recipe cards for!! You could sneak the recipe cards (with your info on them!!) beside the plate of food or have them with you if someone asks about them.

You could make:
Warm nutty caramel brownies (they could be cut in small pieces and they are still delicious even if they aren't right out of the oven!), taffy apple tarts, or the new chocolate cookies (I forget their official name!!).

Good luck! Oh, and don't forget to wear PC clothes at the concert and display your food on SA dishes (if you're certain you'll get them back, of course!!)

Don't forget to let us know how it goes!! :)

I have made caramel corn for RFL here and it sells really quick. Not to mention that it is the best stuff ever!
Oven Caramel Corn

2 Cups brown sugar
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup white corn syrup
6 qts popped corn (exactly what the large stainless steel bowl holds. 24 cups)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
Boil brown sugar, butter, syrup and salt for 5 minutes in large Roasting pan. Remove from heat and add vanilla and soda. Pour over the popped corn and stir well. ( may add 1-2 cups of nuts at this time also!) Pour mixture back into Roasting Pan (if using another pan, make sure you butter it very well!- but no need to butter with Roasting Pan!). Place in a 200 degree oven for 1 hour. Stir about every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Store in covered containers to keep crisp.

What about the Tempting Toffee Crisp?

THANK YOU guys so much! I love the brownie cups but how would you package them? Everything has to be bagged or wrapped so that was where I was feeling limited on options. I will definitely use that amazing kettle corn recipe too!! Funny thing I was thinking of that but has never made it before. :D That would totally work. If you all can think of anything else that I could easily bag up PLEASE don't hesitate to let me know. I am open at this point. Also, do you think it's ok to throw in a biz card with these because it is a Really For Life Benefit?? I dunno... I just dont want to take away from what it is really for. However I am donating all the ingredients and time. :cool: Thanks again for all your help & ideas!! :chef:I appreciate it more than you know!

I just tried the Peanut Brittle from the Product Use & Care cards. It was very easy.

Ok, where would I find the Tempting Toffee Crisp? I did a search on PC and could'nt find it then flipped thru my cookbooks and still could'nt find it...which doesnt really mean too much I guess.. ha ha ha.. :rolleyes:

pattidailey said:
Ok, where would I find the Tempting Toffee Crisp? I did a search on PC and could'nt find it then flipped thru my cookbooks and still could'nt find it...which doesnt really mean too much I guess.. ha ha ha.. :rolleyes:

Tempting Toffee Crisps
(More Stoneware Sensations Cookbook...pg 78)

12 whole (5x2 1/2-inch) graham crackers
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter (do not use margarine)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup almonds, chopped

Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange graham crackers side by side in single layer in Stoneware Bar Pan. In Generation II 2-Qt Saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally with Bamboo Spoon, until mixture comes to a full boil across the surface. Continue boiling 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove saucepan from heat and immediately pour mixture evenly over crackers. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Remove pan from oven to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Sprinkle with chocolate morsels; allow to soften then spread evenly over baked crackers using Large Spreader. Chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle over chocolate. Cool completely. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Break or cut into pieces.

Makes about 2 dozen pieces

Cook's Tips: Once the chocolate is firm, the crisps should be stored in a cool place at room temperature. Keep them tightly covered so the graham crackers will stay crisp.

Substitute peanuts, pecans or walnuts for almonds, or omit nuts, if desired.

For a packaging idea...take colorful SMALL paper plates and you can put 5-6 smallish items (brownie cups, etc.) then using cellophane or a large plastic cellophane bag, pull it up and tie it with a pretty bow on top. I ALWAYS put my info into things I am donating...whether its for a church bake sale, RFL, etc. Don't feel bad! I also claim my ingredients...since I am donating it under my "Pampered Chef" name and put my info on there. Sometimes I will just put on a label: Contact me for the recipe! and my name, TPC, and my number... Or, if I have the recipe card, I will include that...

Good luck!

Pecan Tassies!! People just love those little beauties :)

I know you want PC recipes, but for really quick baking and effective presentation, I'd do the frozen Tollhouse dough in the Mini-Muffin Pan. People really seem to like cookies shaped like muffins (and, in my opinion, they taste better, too).

If you could put the wrapped product in the Trifle Bowl, that would look cool, too!!

1. How can I participate in the Relay for Life Bake Sale?

To participate in the Relay for Life Bake Sale, you can either donate baked goods or volunteer to help organize the event. Contact your local Relay for Life team for more information on how to get involved.

2. What types of baked goods are typically sold at the Relay for Life Bake Sale?

There is a wide variety of baked goods sold at the Relay for Life Bake Sale, including cookies, cupcakes, brownies, cakes, and breads. You can also get creative and sell specialty items like gluten-free or vegan treats.

3. Is there a cost to participate in the Relay for Life Bake Sale?

There is no cost to participate in the Relay for Life Bake Sale. All baked goods are donated and the proceeds go towards the Relay for Life fundraising efforts.

4. Can I donate money instead of baked goods?

Yes, you can donate money instead of baked goods. Contact your local Relay for Life team to find out how to make a monetary donation.

5. Are there any specific guidelines for the baked goods being sold?

Yes, all baked goods should be individually wrapped and labeled with the ingredients. It is also recommended to avoid items that require refrigeration or contain nuts, to accommodate for any potential allergies. Check with your local Relay for Life team for any additional guidelines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies
Views
speedychef
Replies
Views
wadesgirl