• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would You Do Re: Work Contacts

In summary, the farmer who lost his home to fire last spring is grateful for a gift certificate from the PC business owner. The gift certificate is for a catalog and a magnetic calendar, but the farmer is unsure about whether or not to give it unsolicited. Another PC business owner has given gifts to farmers in the past, and the office supervisor is also supportive. The farmer plans to follow up with the recipient.
annepchef
I work fulltime in agriculture in addition to PC. I have 2 farmers that lost homes to fire last spring. One farmer only had partial damage and is almost done with all the restoartion work. I know that part of the loss was in the kitchen as we talked about the work he was having done last summer. I would like to maybe give him a gift certificate from me with a catalog and a magnetic calendar i had made up for giveaways. But, I am not sure about giving this unsolicited to a customer of my regular job. anybody have an opinion?

I think that it's a great gesture and I know as farmers we would have welcomed a guesture like that from someone. Anytime someone sufferes a loss... a gift to boost their spirits is a great thing. You aren't asking them to host... you are giving a gift! ....imho...

Thanks. I was thinking that, but wasn't sure. Now, another similiar question. The day I got my new business cards, another farmer was in. He is very friendly with all of us, emails jokes, etc. He and his wife came to the funeral home when my husband passed last january. Anyway, I gave him one of my cards to give to his wife. He joked about the pampered chef email with the naked guys. the next day he was in, he said that Joyce wanted a catalog. I brought him one right away with a letter thanking them and spelling out hosting, etc.
So now I am trying to decide if I should call or email to follow up. I know I would with a regular contact, but I am so unsure about farmers I work with.

Follow up, since they asked for the catalog! If it was totally unsolicited I might say wait.. but definitely follow up since they asked for more info.

I agree. If they asked for the catalog do a follow up call. Find out what they liked and then let them know you didn't want them to miss out on the great stoneware special coming up and wanted to touch base with them.

I agree... give them a call! :)

Follow up for sure. Also, I would give a gift - not a certificate. It's nice that people can shop but sometimes it's too overwhelming and they never do it. Choose something very generic - batter bowl, stone, SS bowls and give it to them. Just my opinion. (I had a discussion with a girl who got a gift certificate from a friend who sold Creative Memories and how she never used it. Years later, she is still thinking about that lost opportunity.)

Follow up for sure.

As for sharing PC at your workplace, as long as your boss/supervisor/whatever isn't opposed to it, do it! (You don't sound all that pushy, so I won't caution you about behaving appropriately. ;) )

I currently work in a very small office. The office supervisor LOVES PC. She has hosted a couple of shows. The other woman in the office (told you it was small) has purchased several things. They tell lots of people about my PC business. I'm a temp, so I can't say how long I'll be here, but I've made connections that should do my PC business well for years. I've done the same thing (with the blessing of the supervisor) at several of my temp assignments.

thanks again guys!

I agree I would do a gift basket of things so they could enjoy it right away it seems more from the heart than a certificate.

thank you for your help

1. What is the best way to manage my work contacts?

The best way to manage your work contacts is to create a system that works for you. This could include using a digital contact management system, keeping a physical address book, or organizing contacts by categories or labels. Find a method that is easy for you to maintain and allows you to quickly access and update your contacts.

2. How often should I update my work contacts?

It is important to regularly update your work contacts to ensure that you have the most current and accurate information. We recommend reviewing and updating your contacts at least once a month, or whenever there are any changes in your professional network.

3. Should I keep personal contacts in my work contacts list?

It is generally best to keep personal contacts separate from your work contacts. This will help you maintain a professional image and avoid any potential conflicts of interest. However, if you have a close personal relationship with a work contact, it may be appropriate to keep them in your work contacts list.

4. How should I organize my work contacts?

The organization of your work contacts will depend on your personal preference and the nature of your job. Some common ways to organize contacts include by job title, company, industry, or geographic location. It may also be helpful to create separate groups or categories for different types of contacts, such as clients, colleagues, or vendors.

5. Is it appropriate to add work contacts on social media?

This depends on your company's policies and the nature of your relationship with the contact. It is generally acceptable to connect with work contacts on professional networking sites like LinkedIn. However, it may be best to avoid adding them on personal social media platforms, unless you have a close personal relationship with them outside of work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mikecooks
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • PChefRenee