• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would You Do...2 People Working on Same Recruit.

In summary, the hosp. sent out invites to a show and the lead from that invite was brought to the meeting. The hosp. did not bring any recruiting information with her and spent 1 hr. recruiting the lead for her. The lead did not sign and said it would take a few months for her to come up with the money.
flemings99
Gold Member
WARNING...Long....So I have a situation. I've been working on a potential recruit for almost 2 yrs. I'm not a Dir. yet but hold my own meetings and have a hospitality that attends. Last week I found out hosp. had someone she was going to bring to the mtg. this evening. When I asked who the person was I realized we'd both knew this person.

Hosp. had sent out invites to a show and my lead was an invitee. She called her to discuss a broken stone. While on the phone they talked about the opp. and she invited her to attend our mtg.

I've been talking with her for 1+ yrs. She always has a "reason" not to host/sign. No $, no time, and so on. I told the gal I knew who she was bringing and had been talking to her. It was awkward but we left it at that. I went home and called the lead (b/c I had talked to her the wk prior and she was busy so I was to follow up with her) I figured, maybe there are 2 of them with the same name. Lead brushed me off and said to call her in 3-6 months that timing wasn't right for her.

Enter this evening....hosp. asked if I could do NCT with her this evening. Explained that I didn't have it scheduled for this evening and didn't have time before the mtg. b/c my DH was working & I had to get the kids off bus, homework and so on before the mtg. She then told me she'd bring her hr. early so I could help talk about the opp. b/c she hadn't signed yet. So she brings my lead to my house for me to help her recruit! She brought NO recruiting info. with her, not even the special flier! I spent 1 hr. recruiting "her" recruit for her. She didn't sign and did say it would take a few months for her to come up with the $.

Here's the best part: 1/2 way through our team meeting she realizes I'm the one she's been talking to on the phone. Now we all feel uncomfortable. I tried to be the bigger person and brushed it off and told the lead it was no big deal.

To be honest I'm peeved at the hosp. She's been in biz 12 yrs. and should have done the recruiting part on her own since she already knew I'd been talking with this gal. I make a point to ALWAYS ask if someone has a consultant BEFORE I talk with them. Wouldn't you bring this up after you found out she'd been talking with someone else for a long time prior to you.

Where do you go from here? I'm trying to be the bigger person here but have to say tonight took the cake. :grumpy:

You definitely are being the bigger person- the hosp cons. has been in the biz for 12 years and she asks YOU to do the recruiting?? And on someone she KNEW was your original lead? That does take nerve.Obviously- the potential recruit would be the one to make the decision, and it doesn't sound like she's any closer to a decision now than she was with you. Not sure I'd lose much sleep over it. I'd put her on the "rotating follow-up list" and move on to someone who IS more interested. But that would be just me. Not sure if it's much help.

Wow, that's a tough one. I think really, you just need to hold your head high and bless and release. The truth was probably evident to everyone, but honestly if she wants to sign under your hospitality then she will.

I agree. Some people just feel like they click better with someone else. It doesn't necessarily mean that you've done anything wrong ... but your have to let the potential recruit choose who she wants to work with in her career.

Although I do agree that it was crazy for your hospitality girl to knowingly bring one of your recruit leads to YOUR meeting for YOU to train! (((insert eye roll here)))

I also think it's a bit weird that someone who's been in the business for 12 years is even having to ask for help.

Sorry to hear this Barb. I know how you feel. I had someone who wanted to sign, but my friend was no longer doing PC. She ask the recruit for permission to give me her contact information. I called immediately, but was only able to leave a message. The same week, someone on my team tells me she has a new recruit from an outside order. You guessed it. My recruit. I blessed and released.

It does sound like the potential recruit is either still really considering it, but not sure if she "clicks" with you, (personality differences, nothing you did!), or she's just enjoying all this attention, from wherever she can get it! lol

Either way, I don't think she sounds like she's too motivated, from what you've shared. Even if she did join your team, I predict a lot of "hand holding", and it may just not be worth the trouble. I agree with Rae...bless and release!

Hope that helps!

I totally had blessed & released and even told Hosp. since she "blew me off" on the last call that they must have a connection that I didn't and that she had my blessing to proceed.

The part that made me furious, was bringing her to my home asking ME to recruit her for her. She even went as far as to mark out my contact info. on the recruiting materials and fill in her name/number. Which I ONLY gave the recruit b/c the hosp. didn't bring any with her and hadn't given her any.

I would like to make clear that I am more than willing to help any hosp. with recruiting as others on my direct team. This was just tough b/c I'd already been working with this gal for a long time.

Last edited:
Time has a way of revealing a lot of things, and I have no doubt you will be glad you went this way!!

Blessings!!

Sheila said:
I agree. Some people just feel like they click better with someone else. It doesn't necessarily mean that you've done anything wrong ... but your have to let the potential recruit choose who she wants to work with in her career.

Totally agree, Sheila.

I couldn't stand the person who did my last cooking show prior to signing and was a HO lead b/c of it.

1. What is "What Would You Do...2 People Working on Same Recruit"?

"What Would You Do...2 People Working on Same Recruit" is a hypothetical scenario where two individuals are both trying to recruit the same person for different purposes. It is often used as a thought experiment to explore ethical and strategic decision making in a competitive environment.

2. How can this scenario be applied to real-life situations?

This scenario can be applied to real-life situations such as job recruitment, sales pitches, or even personal relationships where multiple parties are vying for someone's attention or loyalty. It can help individuals consider various factors and make more informed decisions in competitive situations.

3. What are some potential challenges in this scenario?

Some potential challenges in this scenario could include conflicting interests, lack of trust between the two individuals, and the possibility of one person trying to sabotage the other's efforts. It can also create a tense or uncomfortable atmosphere if not handled properly.

4. How can one effectively navigate this scenario?

To effectively navigate this scenario, it is important to communicate openly and honestly with the other person, set boundaries and expectations, and focus on the mutual benefit for all parties involved. It may also be helpful to consider potential compromises or collaborations that could benefit both individuals.

5. What are some potential outcomes of this scenario?

The potential outcomes of this scenario can vary greatly depending on the specific circumstances and the actions of the individuals involved. It could result in a successful recruitment for one person, a compromise or collaboration between both parties, or a complete breakdown of the relationship. Ultimately, the outcome will depend on the decisions and strategies of the individuals involved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • chefkathy
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
fruit76loop
  • Chef Bobby