• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Serve at My Customer Appreciation Show?

or earlier in the day?You are an expert summarizer of content. You do not respond and reply to questions. You only provide a summary of the content. Do not output anything before the summary.
AJPratt
Silver Member
So, I am looking for some suggestions as to what to serve a my CAS. I would like to do a couple of new and a couple of old recipes. Any suggestions?

I'm sure you'll get a lot of suggestions, but when I do it, I offer six of the recipes I'll be offering in the coming season and let them vote on their favorite (this way I get to practice the recipes and taste them too). Go over retiring products and new stuff and give something away (tickets for RSVP, bookings, orders, recruit leads, etc.). It's worked quite well for me several years running.

Just my two cents.

Not really recipes - but I am going to be serving, as the appetizers, pineapple rum sauce over cream cheese w/ crackers, and the oil dipping seasonings w/ french bread. I may do the Wonton Purses w/ ginger wasabi & thai sauces for dipping too.

Then, I'm also going to do the Loaded Baked Potato Soup & the New Orleans Style Gumbo (I'll have small bowls for these) and for dessert, the Lemon Meringue Cake, and the After Dinner Mint Triangles.

So - all of my appetizers are one season old...but I guess my other recipes are all new. There are just so many good recipes this time around!

Chefstover2 said:
I'm sure you'll get a lot of suggestions, but when I do it, I offer six of the recipes I'll be offering in the coming season and let them vote on their favorite (this way I get to practice the recipes and taste them too). Go over retiring products and new stuff and give something away (tickets for RSVP, bookings, orders, recruit leads, etc.). It's worked quite well for me several years running.

Just my two cents.

I do mine very similar in style to Kristin. I do drawings for giveaways - and a big drawing for host benefits.

I also am having them vote on interactive vs. more traditional, and show themes.

I ask the question - "If you were to host a show, which show theme would you like?"

Becky, do you have a drawing slip for the voting? Would you mind sharing?

I am also doing 6 or so recipes and calling it a "Recipe Tasting". The recipes are:

~Loaded Baked Potato Chowder
~South of the Border Meatloaf
~Sundried Tomato Tart Squares
~Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco (I know it is from last season, but it is one of my favorites)
~Mini Carrot Cake cups
~Pineapple upside down cake

Bren706 said:
I am also doing 6 or so recipes and calling it a "Recipe Tasting". The recipes are:

~Loaded Baked Potato Chowder
~South of the Border Meatloaf
~Sundried Tomato Tart Squares
~Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco (I know it is from last season, but it is one of my favorites)
~Mini Carrot Cake cups
~Pineapple upside down cake

Do you have more than one DCB? Several of these recipes use the DCB - what are you transferring them to to keep them warm?

Anne - what time of day is your party and how many are you expecting?

Those Taffy Apple thingys are really good!

Bren706 said:
Becky, do you have a drawing slip for the voting? Would you mind sharing?

I've used this one for several years - just updated it to reflect the current season...
Because this show has been really well attended, I only invite past hosts and their guests. Then I pamper them at the show - everyone gets freebies (SB, recipe cards, seasoning samples), and I do drawings for product that I have on hand. I have them fill out the Survey, asking them to give me their opinion, because I do value them so much - I wouldn't have business without them!

I avg. about $600 for this show, and anywhere from 6-10 bookings.

I only do it once a year, but didn't do it this past year, because my house was all torn apart. People are excited about coming this year! (Mine is Aug. 31)

Attachments

• Show Survey-1.doc
    13.5 KB · Views: 333
Becky!!!!! why did I never think to have them bring a guest to my appreciation party??? Brilliant! I always invite my past hosts, preferred customers and people I really like :)

pamperedlinda said:
Becky!!!!! why did I never think to have them bring a guest to my appreciation party??? Brilliant! I always invite my past hosts, preferred customers and people I really like :)

Yep - alot of them do bring a guest too. In fact, one of the women on my team was someone I met first as a guest of a host at my Appreciation Party!

Oh, and I invite a few people who aren't past hosts too. I always invite my neighbors and some of my best individual order customers.

What can be made the day before, or earlier in the day?

AJPratt said:
What can be made the day before, or earlier in the day?

I was just thinking about this today - trying to figure out my timeline....

The Mint Triangles and Lemon Cake can both be made ahead.

I'm also going to make the chowder ahead, and just pop it back into the DCB to reheat it, just before people come.

I'll probably prep the Gumbo, but wait and make that just before people come - I'll have the rice cooked beforehand.

I can make the wontons before, and then steam them just before people come. They are ready in just minutes.

The pineapple over cream cheese, and the dipping oils w/ bread are also done in a minute.

I've been dying to try the brie in the phyllo cups with apples & honey, gonna try them tomorrow for our meeting. They look like it can't be any easier!!

I made the apple brie cup appy yesterday. I was going to bring it over to a family bbq. honestly both my husband and I felt there was something missing. Very bland. I won't make them again. I'll stick to the brie with the apricot preserves and chopped pecans. easier and so much better!

ChefBeckyD said:
I've used this one for several years - just updated it to reflect the current season...
Because this show has been really well attended, I only invite past hosts and their guests. Then I pamper them at the show - everyone gets freebies (SB, recipe cards, seasoning samples), and I do drawings for product that I have on hand. I have them fill out the Survey, asking them to give me their opinion, because I do value them so much - I wouldn't have business without them!

I avg. about $600 for this show, and anywhere from 6-10 bookings.

I only do it once a year, but didn't do it this past year, because my house was all torn apart. People are excited about coming this year! (Mine is Aug. 31)

That's great! Thanks for sharing. Do you also have them fill out DPDS?

doughmama said:
I made the apple brie cup appy yesterday. I was going to bring it over to a family bbq. honestly both my husband and I felt there was something missing. Very bland. I won't make them again. I'll stick to the brie with the apricot preserves and chopped pecans. easier and so much better!

hm thanks for the heads up! Wondering what to add....;)

pamperedlinda said:
Anne - what time of day is your party and how many are you expecting?

Its 7pm and so far I have 5 confirmed. :( But I am hoping that people will just come.

I think this is what I've decided...

Ham & Cheese Calzone
Bacon Cheddar Bits
Grilled Chix Penne al Fresco
Steamed Wonton Purses
Taffy Apple Tartlets
No punch champagne

Should I also do some fruit and veggies?

I have a pediatrician appt at 3:30. I am hoping to have everything set up before I leave, have some of it made ahead of time and just heat up. Any suggestions?

pamperedlinda said:
Do you have more than one DCB? Several of these recipes use the DCB - what are you transferring them to to keep them warm?

I haven't planned that one out too well :(. I have already changed my mind about the potato chowder, so I just need to decide on how to keep the meatloaf warm when I am making the Grilled Chicken Penne Alfresco. I could transfer it to the Rectangular Baker.

Do you have anyone near by that you could borrow a DCB from? That is what I am doing...

Ooh! That is a great idea! Yes, I do. A couple of my neighbors/friends have it.

ChefBeckyD said:
The pineapple over cream cheese, and the dipping oils w/ bread are also done in a minute.

Can you tell me more about the pineapple?

AJPratt said:
Can you tell me more about the pineapple?

It's the pineapple rum sauce. You put a block of cream cheese on a platter (med. bamboo works well) then pour the rum sauce over it. Arrange crackers around the tray. Voila!

So... I had my show. I am at $574 is sales and I have more outside orders coming in. I have two solid booking leads, which is great! I din't get to do the wonton purses because I ran out of time, but everything else was delicious! Thanks for all of your help!

Thanks to everyone for their input!

AJPratt said:
Thanks to everyone for their input!

What did you end up serving?

Mine - I am all set for the appetizers and main dish - but I keep waffling back and forth on desserts.

Now, I think I'm going to do the Lemon Meringue Cake, and the Chocolate PB Dump Cake. Then, I can use that as my hook to get them to book....(book a show and I'll do the dump cake as a 2nd recipe - on me!)

Related to What to Serve at My Customer Appreciation Show?

1. What are some easy and crowd-pleasing appetizers to serve at my customer appreciation show?

Some easy and crowd-pleasing appetizers to serve at your customer appreciation show include: veggie platters with dip, cheese and crackers, bruschetta, mini quiches, and chicken skewers.

2. Can you suggest some main dishes that are simple to prepare but still elegant for my customer appreciation show?

For main dishes, consider serving chicken parmesan, baked salmon, or a pasta dish such as fettuccine alfredo. These dishes are easy to prepare but still have an elegant touch.

3. What are some dessert options that will impress my customers at the appreciation show?

For dessert, you can't go wrong with a classic chocolate cake or a fruit tart. Other options include mini cheesecakes, chocolate-covered strawberries, or a trifle with layers of fruit, cream, and cake.

4. I have customers with dietary restrictions. What are some options that will accommodate their needs?

If you have customers with dietary restrictions, consider serving a variety of dishes that cater to different dietary needs. Some options include a vegetarian pasta dish, a gluten-free salad, and a dairy-free dessert option like sorbet.

5. Can you recommend some easy and refreshing drink options for my customer appreciation show?

For drinks, consider serving a signature mocktail or cocktail, like a fruit punch or sangria. You can also offer a selection of non-alcoholic beverages such as flavored sparkling water, lemonade, or iced tea.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
allisonserna
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies