• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Hot &Cheesy Bruschetta Dip?

I'm pampered not perfect. I had a nightmare experience with my puff pastry and wished I had just done it without it. My first attempt with the puff pastry...it didn't thaw out in time, so I put it in the microwave according to the package instructions and it completely ruined it. My next one I did took a while to thaw, but I got it to work. However, I forgot to cut out the little pieces and as soon as I put it on the dip I remembered. It was too late to take it off without making a big mess, so I thought I'd just create a bunch of slits to vent it. Well, the edges of the puff pastry cooked great, but the
chefliz
Gold Member
We had this at our meeting last week and I thought it was a bit "bready-y" with the puff pastry on top and then serving it with baguette slices/crackers. Does anyone have any suggestions? I think I would like it if it were served with something else but I'm not sure what...

I havent made it yet, but if you are serving it in bread or crackers, would you NEED the puff pastry? I was thinking if you could just do the recipe without, it would be fine. i know the PC recipe Hot Pizza Dip in the All The Best cookbook is similar and it does not have a puff pastry. I would try it that way, leaving out the pastry and egg, and just bake until bubbly and hot. Then enjoy on the crackers or baguettes. Yum!

You could use the RCB obviously, but I also wonder of the Cocette would work as well?

My sister made it for a bridal shower on Sunday and forgot to buy the puff pastry. It turned out just fine.I filled about 2/3 full in the RCB so I'm not sure the cocotte would work.

Thanks esavvymom, I think I will try it this way! I actually thought it was made for the Cocette until I actually read through the recipe.

wadesgirl said:
My sister made it for a bridal shower on Sunday and forgot to buy the puff pastry. It turned out just fine.

I filled about 2/3 full in the RCB so I'm not sure the cocotte would work.

Oh, okay. This is good to know. We don't need any more overflows than we already have in this kitchen! LOL ;)

I had a nightmare experience with my puff pastry and wished I had just done it without it. My first attempt with the puff pastry...it didn't thaw out in time, so I put it in the microwave according to the package instructions and it completely ruined it. My next one I did took a while to thaw, but I got it to work. However, I forgot to cut out the little pieces and as soon as I put it on the dip I remembered. It was too late to take it off without making a big mess, so I thought I'd just create a bunch of slits to vent it. Well, the edges of the puff pastry cooked great, but the center never puffed up or browned. I wonder if my dough was old or something. Or maybe making the 2 cut outs really does make a difference.Anyway, I can definitely see doing this without the pastry and being completely fine. But I really liked the pieces on mine that were cooked well. It didn't matter that it was going on bread, it still was yummy. But of course not very good for my diet...

I made it yesterday without the pastry and it came out great! probably better for reheating leftovers too. I probably won't ever make it with the pastry on it!

I have made it and probably would skip the puff pastry ... not sure why that is even on there. Loved this recipe!! :)

I made it and used the puff pastry. I think the point of it is to have something look fancy for the holidays that doesn't actually take much skill or work. If you don't want to serve with bread, the recipe also suggests you can use cut up veggies with it. My pastry didn't brown at first... we have a pastry chef on our team and she said the oven needs to be quite hot at the outset for the puff pastry to brown and puff properly. Also, you want the pastry to be as cold as possible when it goes in, so thaw it in the fridge and dont let it set out to long before you use it We turned the heat up to 400 and that immediately did the trick! Hope this helps.

Since you chop them up, do you think you could use Roma Tomatoes? Cherry are so expensive here.

TIA,
Sandi

I made it with ...... Phyllo dough instead of puff pastry by mistake. But it was still good. I'm pampered not perfect. Lol

if you need to thaw puff pastry in a hurry, do it in 10s intervals in the microwave. The instructions for micro thawing never work for me - turns it into a gooey mess.

sandilou said:
Since you chop them up, do you think you could use Roma Tomatoes? Cherry are so expensive here.

TIA,
Sandi
I think you could use Romas... just core and seed them. Maybe pat dry a bit.

Malinda Klein said:
I made it with ...... Phyllo dough instead of puff pastry by mistake. But it was still good. I'm pampered not perfect. Lol

My host made this ahead of time yesterday and she used phyllo dough....everyone thought it tasted great. I was thinking of leaving the puff pastry off and just adding extra cheese on top.

I made it yesterday, no dough on top, just cut the cherry tomatoes in half (didn't seed) and it was DELICIOUS! Everyone loved it!

made it for a church carry-in...no puff pastry...everyone loved it and there was enough to take to school where again it was loved...even sold an herbs de provence ;-)
is this in print anywhere on cs? need to share the recipe & was hoping not to have to re-type...

Thank you!

I just wanted to share my experience with this dip.

Like many have already said, I didn't care for the puff pastry either. It makes for a pretty presentation, but if I make it again, I will not be using the puff pastry.

Also, I hate tomatoes, lol. So I actually took half of the mixture and put it into a smaller dish before adding in the tomatoes and baked it separately. It was amazing! I also think I may add artichokes in next time.

I would like to try this with the pastry rolled out, spread the "dip" over pastry, then cut out as pinwheels. If this has been tried already, I am so sorry. I didn't have time to read the updated posts before I chimed back in here. (will update later) :)

sandilou said:
Since you chop them up, do you think you could use Roma Tomatoes? Cherry are so expensive here.TIA,
Sandi
I used a can of drained, diced tomatoes, and it worked just fine. In fact, I liked it better, not as seedy/watery as the cherry or grape tomatoes.
Oh, and we're gluten free, so I did it without the puff pastry, and my husband and son loved it with veggies, and GF french bread. I'm going to offer it as a choice for Nov. shows!

I don't have the Herbs de Provence Seasoning. What do you recommend using instead?

ChefJen2012 said:
I don't have the Herbs de Provence Seasoning. What do you recommend using instead?

You can get HDP at most supermarkets.

ChefJen2012 said:

I use Italian seasoning when I make it. And I do it without the puff pastry. It always get rave reviews.

Made this tonight with italian seasoning and without the puff pastry. DELISH!

I took this dip (using Italian seasoning and without the puff pastry) to 3 different groups/events over the holidays. It was a big hit at all of them - and I sold a RCB because of it!

Great idea regarding the italian seasoning and no puff pastry.
Thanks!

Has someone made a Cheesy Bruschetta show script?

1. How do I prevent the cheese from burning in the oven?

The key to preventing burnt cheese is to keep a close eye on the dip while it's in the oven. If you notice the cheese starting to brown too quickly, you can cover the dish with aluminum foil to prevent further browning. You can also try lowering the oven temperature or placing the dish on a lower rack.

2. Can I use different types of cheese in the dip?

Absolutely! This dip is versatile and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. Some popular cheese options to try include mozzarella, fontina, or even a combination of different cheeses. Just make sure to use a cheese that melts well for the best results.

3. Is there a way to make this dip in advance?

Yes, you can make this dip ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Simply cover the dish with plastic wrap and store for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, remove the plastic wrap and follow the recipe instructions.

4. Can I add additional toppings to the dip?

Absolutely! While this dip is delicious on its own, you can add your favorite toppings to make it even more flavorful. Some popular options include diced tomatoes, chopped fresh herbs, or even cooked and crumbled bacon. Get creative and make it your own!

5. What is the best way to serve this dip?

This dip is best served warm, straight from the oven. You can serve it with toasted baguette slices, crackers, or even vegetable crudites for a healthier option. Make sure to have serving utensils available for guests to scoop out the dip onto their plates or bowls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • mmilus
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mmilus
  • raebates