• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Make for a Demo on Vacation?

In summary, Mary Ellen is a cook who is going on vacation in 2 weeks and is looking for some recipes to bring with her. She has a conversation with Becky D. about a recipe, Chocolate Chip Sensation. They both decide that the recipe may not be suitable for men and children, and Mary Ellen has a different recipe that she likes to use.
PChef_ang
Gold Member
I am hoping you all can help me out. I am going on vacation in 2 weeks and the resort (my dad and stepmoms timeshare)we stay at told me in November I should do a demo while I am down there. Here is the dillemma. I don't know what I should make or bring. There are 7 of us going on this trip. My stepmom, myself, my teenager and her best friend, my 3 other kids, 9,7, and 3. So I would like to make a wow recipe, without needing to bring a whole lot of tools with me. I figure my audience will be young families and retirees, usually the crowd that's there this time of year.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!! :)

Are you going to have access to a stove or microwave? This sounds like it could be fun:)

Truffle brownie cups. or just Oreo Truffles. (if you go to files type in the recipe name the recipe should come up)

I like dessert can you tell?

Also are you bringing a lot of catalogs? Could you mail them (the catalogs) to the timeshare in advance so you don't have to carry them? You can mail in a flat rate priority box (gets there in 2-3 days) for just $8.95.

If you have a microwave, definitely do either a microwave cake or the 30 minute chicken! A wow they can do on vacation!

I just had this converstation with Becky D. I think the grapefruit, avocado, chicken salad would work. The collapsable bowl instead of a SA platter. Cook the chicken on something available instead of PC cookware. I'm flying, so I don't know about bringing sharp objects in the suitcase: UM, Grapefruit Knife, etc.
This may not work with men and children, though. My mom and her southern friends will like it.

our timeshare has a full kitchen, and I believe the clubhouse has a full kitchen also, so I can make ahead or cook while there. We are driving so sharp objects aren't an issue......unless my children keep getting on each others nerves like they have been, sharp objects could be an issue, lol!!

I've used UPS to send a box of goodies to me at my vacation location (with permision of concierge, who will hold the box). Then UPS'd it home. Nothing to carry on the plane!

Chocolate Chip Sensation is really great, quick, easy recipe with out a lot of products. If you want to keep it really simple: large bar pan, baker's roller, batter bowl, mix in scraper, ss bowl, whisk and some kind of spreader. You can also top with chopped nuts or candy bar in the food chopper or hershey's bar in the deluxe cheese grater.

thanks for all the help!! Where is the chocolate chip sensation located?? I don't know how I've missed the one, chocolate is a main staple at my house!!

Chocolate Chip Sensation

Submitted by Mary Ellen
That's My Home

Yield: 20 Servings
Ingredients
1 pk refrigerated chocolate chip
-cookie
8 oz cream cheese; softened
1/3 c sugar
1 pt half and half
1 pk instant pudding mix;
-chocolate
1/4 c nuts; chopped
Instructions
Preheat oven to 375ø. Roll cookie dough into a ball and flatten. Roll out
dough into a 13" circle on baking stone. Bake cookie for 12 - 15 minutes
or until browned. Let cool 10 minutes. Loosen crust from stone. Cool
completely. Combine cream cheese and sugar; set aside.
Combine half and half and instant pudding. Let set until firm, about 5
minutes. Spread cream cheese mixture on thoroughly cooled cookie base.
Layer pudding mixture on thoroughly cooled cookie base. Layer pudding
mixture over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle chopped nuts over cookie. Chill
until served.

KellyTheChef said:
Chocolate Chip Sensation

Submitted by Mary Ellen
That's My Home

Yield: 20 Servings
Ingredients
1 pk refrigerated chocolate chip
-cookie
8 oz cream cheese; softened
1/3 c sugar
1 pt half and half
1 pk instant pudding mix;
-chocolate
1/4 c nuts; chopped
Instructions
Preheat oven to 375ø. Roll cookie dough into a ball and flatten. Roll out
dough into a 13" circle on baking stone. Bake cookie for 12 - 15 minutes
or until browned. Let cool 10 minutes. Loosen crust from stone. Cool
completely. Combine cream cheese and sugar; set aside.
Combine half and half and instant pudding. Let set until firm, about 5
minutes. Spread cream cheese mixture on thoroughly cooled cookie base.
Layer pudding mixture on thoroughly cooled cookie base. Layer pudding
mixture over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle chopped nuts over cookie. Chill
until served.

I do mine slightly different than the regular PC recipe. I use either 2 small or 1 large cookie dough tube and make it in the large bar pan. Then after all the rest of the ingredients I put whipped cream and then what ever topping choice after that. The favorite of my hosts has been grated Hershey's bar in the DCG

argh!! I missed the activity director by a day to be put on the official schedule of activities for the week. My vans tranny had gone out and became my thought consumer so I forgot to call her. She did say we can try to put something together, maybe as a rainy day activity or something. So what do you think, do i go ahead and bring things for a maybe demo or not?

Definately! You never know!

bumping....my vacation is approaching quickly!! I like the Chocolate chip sensation, but do want to see if there are any other ideas from anyone. The amount of tools I can bring is minimal as there 7 of us going in a minivan on this trip...and I just found out we are not taking a cargo carrier:eek:

1. What kinds of recipes can I make on vacation with Pampered Chef products?

With Pampered Chef products, you can make a variety of recipes on vacation, including easy one-pot meals, grilled dishes, and refreshing summer drinks. Our products are versatile and perfect for any type of vacation, whether you're camping, renting a beach house, or staying in a hotel.

2. Can you suggest some specific products that would be great for vacation cooking?

Absolutely! Our travel-friendly products include the Quick Cooker, Grill Pan, and Chillzanne Platter. These products are compact, lightweight, and easy to pack, making them perfect for vacation cooking. We also have a variety of recipe ideas on our website to help you make the most of these products on your trip.

3. Do you have any ideas for healthy vacation meals using Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we have a wide range of recipes that are both delicious and nutritious. Some ideas for healthy vacation meals include grilled chicken and vegetables using our Grill Pan, one-pot quinoa and vegetable dishes using our Quick Cooker, and refreshing fruit smoothies using our Power Blender. You can find these recipes and more on our website.

4. How can I pack my Pampered Chef products for vacation without them getting damaged?

We recommend using our Travel Tote to pack your Pampered Chef products for vacation. This tote is specifically designed to fit our products and has padded compartments to keep them safe during travel. It also has a convenient shoulder strap for easy carrying.

5. Are there any special deals or promotions for vacation cooking with Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we often have special promotions and discounts for our customers who are going on vacation. These deals may include bundle packages with our travel-friendly products, free recipe ideas, or discounts on specific items. Check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information on current promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deeder
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
SeeMe4PC
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • esavvymom