• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Do? Need Help Asap Please!!!

take a picture of...and put a QR code on the bag. People can scan it on their phone and get a little taste of what I make. I think a sample packet with a QR code is a great idea! Putting a QR code on the sample packet would be a great way to make sure that people can't just throw the sample away.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
I'm in a dilemma! My husbands cousin is doing this HUGE breast cancer walk in October and wants me to donate something to help get my name out there more. Well, she is handing out 200 gift bags and wants one of each item in there. My husband and I thought about what would be the most cost effective way for us to do this and thought that the citrus peeler would be the best thing. Well, I have a show that I'm about to turn in and it's over $800 so I would get a 30% discount on anything I purchased.

I'm thinking in order to get the sales for these items (and the trip points) to order them on my hosts order but I'd be paying $1.25 more per pack of 10. (That's if I did the math right!;) ). I really don't want to spend the money out of pocket right now b/c I want a few of the new fall products but also don't want to wait until the last minute to purchase these items.

Oh, inside the citrus peeler bag I am planning on putting my magnet business card,a HWC pin and a little note. What do you guys think?:confused:

Please help me because I need to get this show turned in!
Thanks in advance!;)

I would do it. That's how badly I want and need a vacation right now. Anything that gets me closer to Atlantis is worth it!

You might want to check this out with HO. In RFS (pg F-13) it talks about ordering in large quantities. These orders have to be procesed through the Solution Center

I love the idea of including your business card and the pin. People will really like it.

Does it have to be an actual item? Can it be a coupon of some sort or a free cooking show?

I like the coupon idea with the HWC pin attached to it....I also believe that you can't order in large quantities on a show...

strasfamily said:
Does it have to be an actual item? Can it be a coupon of some sort or a free cooking show?

Before I bought 200 citrus peelers (and yes, you would need to contact HO about an order that big)...I'd look into the coupon thing. That way you make sure that you get only interested people and no one throws the peeler in a drawer and forgets it.

The pin (with a note about how PC supports BC too), your business card, and a coupon sound like a great idea to me.

I think the coupon idea with a small goody is good too. You want something that encourages people to do business with you, not just another item in a goody bag they may throw away. Maybe something like "free cooking show when you metion this coupon" or 10% off or something like that? Anything to drive bookings or orders!

Oh and put it on bright paper at least. Your stuff will be mixed in with lots of other things. You want it to be noticed!

Quantites over 50 have to be processed through the solution center. If you put it through with your show they might call you and hold up your show thinking it was a mistake. Maybe put in 5 different guests that order 40 each? If you wanted to call past hosts they might let you use their discount, then you would at least save 10%. You could also put it through as it's own show and then get more with the host bonus! Hope you found some solution!

gilliandanielle said:
Quantites over 50 have to be processed through the solution center. If you put it through with your show they might call you and hold up your show thinking it was a mistake. Maybe put in 5 different guests that order 40 each? If you wanted to call past hosts they might let you use their discount, then you would at least save 10%. You could also put it through as it's own show and then get more with the host bonus! Hope you found some solution!

I wished that HO would have called when I accidentally put in that the host wanted 20 stone racks instead of 2! Woops...

I'd put a recipe card with all my info on it--something they would want to keep --like the profiterole puffs!!
maybe a pin on that--but I don't know if I would go to the expense--:eek:

Could you make up Spice sample packets? When I make them, I can get approximately 10-12 with 2 tsp. in each small 3x4" ziploc bag. You can purchase 100 of them at Michaels for about $1.49. You cut a sheet of 67# card stock in half, lengthwise. Fold it in the center, and use a 2 1/2" hole
punch on one end, to let you see the spice in the ziploc. I put my business card on the front and staple it through the ziploc to hold it in place. Put a label on the back with the Spice # for reorder purposes, and a recipe to use the spice. For example:
#9586 CINNAMON PLUS
Use in Oatmeal, Applesauce,
French toast, as you use plain
Cinnamon.

#9502 Dill Mix - Dip recipe
Mix contents with 1 cup each
Sour cream & Mayonnaise.

#9505 Southwestern Seasoning.
Dip: Mix contents with 1 cup
each Sour Cream & Mayonnaise.

You get the idea. Hope that is helpful, and more affordable. Since the Italian and Cinnamon Plus are going up in price, you might want to think
about ordering ahead for future party favors. I give one to each guest,
and let them select the one they prefer. I color code them: Dill - green;
Southwestern - Orange; Citrus Basil - Yellow; Rosemary - Rose; etc.

I like the card and pin and recipe card idea...If you need any more pins, let me know because I have a TON! The citrus peelers is a great idea, too, and you could put some sort of note about how eating fresh fruits and vegetables is a great way to avoid cancer!

Wow! You guys are fantastic! :D Now I have so many ideas that I'm going to sleep on it. I'm not sure if I should do the citrus peelers or not now. I do like the recipe card idea because I have a ton of them and it would save me some money! Hmmm, I'll be back on in the morning and see what everyone else comes up with. Thanks for all the advice so far!;)

I also thought about buying them in increments of 50 to take the financial strain off a little bit each time around. I do know that an Avon, Body Shop and PartyLite consultant is donating as well so I don't want to look cheap either. I also don't want to donate a citrus peeler to someone who could care less about it. Decisions, Decisions!

Last edited:
If you do the peeler you, on your note you could write "Orange you glad..." or something like that to play off the words.

I do have a note that I put in my citrus peelers. I'll have to attach to show you but I can change the words around.;)
I didn't create this flyer but Thank you to whoever did! I see that I need to update it a little more before I print more out! When I cut them out, I use scrapbooking scissors with decorative edges.:p

Attachments

• Orange-noinfo.doc
    266 KB · Views: 391
I must say I donate to alot of different fundraisers --I never get a response --even when I donate gift certificates ($25) with a gift---or ads in newspapers---so I would go with the recipe card because it is inexpensive and those that are interested will find you---once they use the peeler and take off the card to throw away.......altho if they like the recipe card --they will keep it and if use it --have ur info already

I always put my website--because then they don't need to contact me if they just want to order and no show at anytime:D
good luck

Not sure how cost effective this would be but maybe you would want to do a season's best with all of your information in there and a coupon?

Maybe you could do different items in some of the bags and if they go through their bags right away they may be excited to see what someone else received and maybe want to swap?? (kind of like at conference with the surprise boxes??)
So maybe citrus peelers in 50 bags, seasons bests in 50 bags, etc.

Let us know what you decide!! :)

OOOH I LOVE Harrle's idea! Different things in different bags! I also like the Season's Best idea...though when you're talking about 200 of them that's a big difference in price. If you order them off paperwork, it's $80 vs $120. Then you don't get the points, either, which are very important...ooh I just can't wait to hear what you decide!

I think you'll be disappointed if you're using the Citrus Peelers. I think the people who keep them will throw them in a drawer an never pay attention to who gave it to them. I'd go with the recipe with your info. You could still use the different items idea by using different recipes.

I would not spend the money on P-Chef product.

I think a coupon for something (free cooking show, %-off, etc.) with all your information and HWC pin would be great. A recipe card would be good too.

Now, do you have a way to capture their information? Will there be a list of names, addresses and phone numbers for follow-up? This may change what you put on that coupon. If you'll have the information to follow-up on the "free" show, that could really boost your business.

Oh, I just ordered some of the Merrill marketing cards -- you could put a sticker with your "offer" on one of those in each bag and you could stick your pin through the card. They are VERY good looking product.

Last edited:
I'd do a "pink" recipe! Like the Pink Margaritta Squares, it's title is something like that! Anything that comes out pink! It would be a great way to promote HWC. Too bad PC is not doing the pink Twixit's anymore that would be a great idea. I have had people respond to coupons before, I had a $600.00 catalog show once from coupons from a food event my cluster did! I'd do both! A coupon and a "pink" recipe! Make sure you include info about the HWC fundraising. You might really get a response from that too!
Good luck and make sure you include all of this on that awesome website of yours!;) :D ! Make sure everyone gets your website address and I bet you your business will be really jumpin!
Cathy

rayday said:
If you do the peeler you, on your note you could write "Orange you glad..." or something like that to play off the words.
Or you could say "I know you'll find our products as "a-peel-ing" as I do!" I have done that when I've included one in a recruiting packet and tailored my quote to our opportunity being very "appealing.":D

What Should I Do? Need Help Asap Please!!!

Here are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "What Should I Do? Need Help Asap Please!!!":

1. Can you recommend a quick and easy recipe for a weeknight dinner?

Absolutely! Our One-Pot Chicken Alfredo recipe is a favorite among busy families. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you'll have a delicious and satisfying dinner on the table in no time.

2. I need to bring a dish to a potluck tomorrow, any suggestions?

We have plenty of potluck-friendly recipes to choose from! Our Loaded Baked Potato Salad is always a crowd-pleaser, or you can try our Mini Caprese Skewers for a light and refreshing option.

3. My kids are picky eaters, do you have any kid-friendly recipes?

We understand the struggle of trying to please picky eaters. Our Kid-Friendly Taco Cups are a fun and tasty option that even the pickiest of eaters will love. You can also check out our "Kid-Friendly" category on our website for more ideas.

4. I'm hosting a party, can you suggest some appetizers?

Of course! Our Spinach Artichoke Dip and Bacon-Wrapped Pineapple Bites are always a hit at parties. You can also browse our "Appetizers & Snacks" category for more tasty options.

5. I received a Pampered Chef product as a gift, but I'm not sure how to use it. Can you help?

We would be happy to assist you with any questions about our products. You can reach out to our customer service team for tips and recipe ideas, or check out our website for product tutorials and demonstrations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda K.
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • DebbieSAChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • kcmckay