• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Best Homeowners Insurance? Please Post Asap!:)

In summary, State Farm is a good option because of the customer satisfaction rating and the fact that they have multiple insurances. Geico is also a good option but may not have the best rates.
kcmckay
Gold Member
Hi all as you may know we are in the process of purchasing our first house. It's very exciting but overwhelming at the same time. We need to purchase homeowners insurance for the first time and I'm a little lost. I've only gotten one quote because that's the only one that has returned my call as of yet. I'm going to make a few calls on my lunch. I may end up going with State Farm though because I think the cost is reasonable and I really felt good about the agent I spoke with. But I still feel I should shop around. I currently have Geico for auto and my husband has travelers. I know my husband will be lazy to switch his auto for the discount but if I switch just my auto we should still get a discount anyway right? I've been wanting to leave Geico for auto but have been too lazy. I had some issues when I had a claim due to accident.

So if anyone has any insight on who has great and inexpensive insurance and why you like or dislike any of them. I'd appreciate it. We are closing next week so the sooner the better.

We have State Farm.

We thought about changing at one time, but after doing the research, found that SF was the best one for us - highest customer satisfaction, etc...and the rates were comparable to others. We also have our Car Insurance w/ them, so we get some pretty good discounts.

We have Allstate for our car and homeowners insurance. Never had to file a claim so I don't have any issues with them! They do give you a discount for having multiple insurances with them.

I have Erie on my one house and I have esurance on my other. I've had no problem with either one.

FYI Geico's home owners policy is written by Travelers. My car is through Geico and we get a discount because of my car and the house. When I called I got a quote on the phone, just like they say in the commercials lol in about 15 mintues.

My husband is Progressive. We are looking to combine everything just haven't gotten around to it. I just haven't looked around.

I had Erie and it was the best. That is, until my house was damaged by hail, they did pay a claim for the roof but REFUSED to do anything about the siding. And while the adjuster was there (she sneaked out there without my advance knowledge or permission) she made note of several improvements I needed to make to my house in order to keep my policy. These were all problems that existed when they agreed to insure the house in the first place, so I refused. Instead I switched to State Farm and never looked back.

I would call an insurance broker. They will shop around for you. We did that when we bought our home and their rates were incredible! We have our car and homeowner's with them now.

If you or your husband have ever been in the service, you can use USAA's property insurance. (They may not be the cheapest, but they don't nickle and dime you when you file a claim....and I'd rather pay more to know the insurance money will actually be there when we need it....knock on wood).

I second USAA.......we have them and LOVE them!

Farm Bureau...As in KY Farm Bureau. They are agents for that company. They can be brokers, but a broker is a middleman that isn't always needed. I wanted to merge my car and home policies. My agents combos were all $700- $1,400 more than i'm paying now. I called KYFB and was told by merging I would save $220 now and in May when my car is 3 yrs old and hubbys minor wreck is 3 yrs old we'll go down a total of $500 a year!

Di_Can_Cook said:
I had Erie and it was the best. That is, until my house was damaged by hail, they did pay a claim for the roof but REFUSED to do anything about the siding. And while the adjuster was there (she sneaked out there without my advance knowledge or permission) she made note of several improvements I needed to make to my house in order to keep my policy. These were all problems that existed when they agreed to insure the house in the first place, so I refused. Instead I switched to State Farm and never looked back.

Alot of insurance companies can do this though too. My folks have had issues with Nationwide. We have State Farm, but several years ago when our state had a severe ice storm that damaged alot of homes (down trees, etc), State Farm was a major problem- they paid out the claims then dropped people left and right...it was on the news. So I'm a bit nervous about what would happen should we need them, but I think that can happen with them all. :( Which is really sad. and infuriating.

I think getting a decent rate on insurance, and then you can always shop around more later and switch. You aren't locked into anything.

We love State Farm, and our family has been with them for over 30 years. We haven't had to file a house claim but all of our auto claims they have had our back and more on some sticky situations.

Thank you for all of your replies. We've decided. to go with state farm. They had the best price and I really liked the agent I spoke with. I feel good about and I know they have a pretty good reputation so I feel good with our decision. Thanks again.

What does homeowners insurance cover?

Homeowners insurance typically covers damage to your home and personal property caused by fire, theft, and certain natural disasters. It also provides liability coverage in case someone is injured on your property.

How much homeowners insurance do I need?

The amount of homeowners insurance you need depends on factors such as the value of your home, the cost of rebuilding it, and the value of your personal belongings. It's important to review your policy regularly and make sure you have enough coverage.

What is the difference between replacement cost and actual cash value?

Replacement cost coverage will pay for the cost of replacing damaged property with a new item, while actual cash value coverage takes depreciation into account and will only pay for the current value of the damaged property.

Are there any discounts available for homeowners insurance?

Yes, many insurance companies offer discounts for things like having a security system, being a non-smoker, or bundling your homeowners insurance with other policies. It's always worth asking your insurance agent about potential discounts.

What should I do if I need to file a claim?

If you need to file a claim, contact your insurance company as soon as possible. They will guide you through the process and may require you to provide documentation or evidence of the damage. It's important to keep records and receipts of any repairs or replacements made due to the claim.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
mary k