• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help Asap! Which Is the Best Mp3 Player?

MP3 players can range in price from cheap to expensive, depending on the brand and storage capacity. It's important to do research and compare prices from different websites before making a purchase.2. Is eBay the best route to go to purchase? eBay can offer good deals, but it's always a good idea to check out other websites like Amazon and Best Buy for reviews and prices before making a decision.3. What is the best brand to purchase? Opinions vary on the best brand for MP3 players, but popular options include Apple's iPod, Samsung, and Sandisk.4. What does 2 Gig mean? 2 Gig refers to the storage capacity of the MP3 player, meaning it can hold approximately
DebbieSAChef
Ok Cheffers I need your help ASAP. My brother's birthday is coming and he asked for an MP3 player with 2 gigs and I have no idea what that means but I found lots of them on eBay.

1. First question, how much do these things cost?

2. Is eBay the best route to go to purchase?

3. What is the best brand to purchase?

4. What does 2 Gig mean? Is that a big amount of memory space or something? What is better?

Thanks,
Debbie :chef:

Last edited:
go to apple.com I personally like the ipods- they have 3 or 4 different ones to choose from ranging from the amount they hold and how much they cost!

I agree with Kacey, for me I-pods are the way to go. You can go to different websites though (bestbuy.com etc) to view different MP3 players. They range from cheap to not so cheap. I don't have one myself but I do want an Ipod Nano which runs $150. 2 GB would be the storage space.

I always do my research at amazon.com first. I don't necessarily buy from there, but you can read reviews from people who have purchased the products, and get a pretty good idea which one will be the best match for your needs. Then, you can look for the best price.

I got Russell the Apple Shuffle Ipod for Father's day. He loves it and has been putting the songs on it himself. Not to make him sound "unsmart" but that means it is very "friendly" when I am not in here having to help him with it and the computer, ha!:D :eek:

It was going to be $63 at Walmart but I got it new from Ebay for $40.

ThanksThanks I will check out these websites!

Does anyone have one they personally own and can give me some opinions based on that?

What is an Ipod Nano? Is that a small Ipod? Also where did you purchase yours (online Apple, eBay, Amazon, etc)?

Debbie :D

I have the Ipod Nano 8G. It's awesome. I got it from Best Buy cuz I earned the gift cards earlier this year. :DNano is just the model name.

Ive had three different brands in the past 4 years: Sanyo, Samsung and Ipod. The winner hands down is the Ipod. Second Place would be the Samsung. But the Ipod is amazing. I have the Nano 8gb.

DH and I have 4 iPods, 5 if you count DH's iPhone, since it works as an iPod, too. LOVE them!! If you're getting a first one, get one with a display so that you can pick playlists and specific songs - the Nano is a great choice. One of the iPods we have is a shuffle, which is inexpensive and very small, but doesn't have a display so it's not quite as useful (although the teeny little size makes it great for wearing while walking/working out and other things).

pampchefsarah said:
I always do my research at amazon.com first. I don't necessarily buy from there, but you can read reviews from people who have purchased the products, and get a pretty good idea which one will be the best match for your needs. Then, you can look for the best price.

I was going to say the same thing! My husband just got a Sandisk one, not sure of the gigs, but he got a great price and is really happy with it----without paying the price of an apple ipod.

I love my iPod shuffle!

My son has an RCA brand......it's fairly small....with a display screen. It's only 1 gig, but stores a ton of songs. I think it was only around $40 at Wally World and it's simple to use.

Your question about brand is going to be like tomato tomahto! Everyone has a favorite!

IMHO - it all depends on what you are going to do with your player. I use mine all the time. It holds music, videos, movies, games and all that good stuff. It is an Ipod Classic 80gb.

All of the mp3 players are basically the same. As Ann said, I would choose one with a display screen, personally.

Amazon is a great place to compare, as is Best Buy. Where you buy one is a matter of choice. Some folks don't like to buy 'electronics' from ebay, some do.

Whatever choice you make, you will LOVE having one. The convenience is great!!

DebbieSAChef said:
Ok Cheffers I need your help ASAP. My brother's birthday is coming and he asked for an MP3 player with 2 gigs and I have no idea what that means but I found lots of them on eBay.

1. First question, how much do these things cost?

2. Is eBay the best route to go to purchase?

3. What is the best brand to purchase?

4. What does 2 Gig mean? Is that a big amount of memory space or something? What is better?

Thanks,

1. cost... plan on at least $100 for a decent player. DH got DS a cheapy $70 player off brand thing that well, doesn't work. It 'ate' the music and refuses to work properly... oh and it greets us in 'chopped engrish'... lovely. Ipods range in price depending on how much info they hold

2. I will buy many things from ebay.. electronics is NOT one of them. You simply don't know what you're getting. Go to a reputable store with a reputable brand name of player and a decent warranty.

3. I can say that Zen players are a bit of a pita. We got DS one and it's a challenge to charge (takes several times for it to 'get the message' that we want it to charge) and it needs its own software to load songs onto it... my iBot was great but they don't make them anymore but it was easy to use, charged effortlessly and had easy "drop and load" feature... I plugged it into my computer through the USB port, opened it as a file on my computer and just dragged over whatever songs I wanted on it... transfer. done. simple.

4. Gig and megabytes refer to storage space.. obviously the bigger the number, the more it holds and the more you'll pay for it. My little iBot has 512mb and holds about 5 to 7 albums worth of songs... DS's is 1G and holds twice that... etc..

Good luck!

DH & I both have the iPods...mine is 4Gig, his is 8. Not sure if they're the Classic or Nano but we both LOVE ours & they were reasonably priced.

The prices very based on amt it holds (ie., a 2 gig one will be cheaper than one that's 60 gig)

You can check Ebay, but also check Amazon. BUT I recommend going with some place you can actually touch, feel, check it out before buying. (Walmart, Target, Best Buy)

I prefer iPod but it's really up to you...the off brand ones don't seem to be worth the $ vs. name brand ones. And iPods are pretty user-friendly, easy to add music, delete music, charge, etc. I do all that through a usb connection on the laptop.

The "gigs" are how much storage space, the higher the #, the more songs it'll hold...my 4 gig has 422 songs currently & is only using 1.72 gigs.

HTH

Last edited:
The Shuffle that I bought Russell is 1 gb and hold about 420 songs. I thought it was a great price and for getting an Apple brand. It is small and has a clip on the back of it for him to clip to his pocket or shirt or whatever. It came with the ear phones and dock to put in the computer.

I researched it on the internet and it got great reviews.

I have the Ipod Nano - just got it for my B-day last year before the came up w/the new version. I actually like the size of mine better, but would have liked to have the 8 g. (mine is 2). I put a lot of PC training on mine which takes up a lot more space then songs. Mine is almost full. I think I'm going to break down and just get the big 80 g. the next time and give the small one to my Daughter.

The only downfall to the Ipod is you can't share the music in other programs like you can w/mp3's. I just made a movie for my oldest Daughter using Window Movie Maker and I couldn't import songs from Itunes. I had to download the songs to windows media player and then move them over. This is fine as long has I have the songs on a CD, but if you buy a song from the Itunes store, you aren't going to be able to use it in other programs.

I had very small mp3 players for my duaghters I purchased for $19.99. It was a special at Macy's a few years ago at back to school time. They have worked great and still do, just not much storage on them. So I can't really say anything bad about the cheap ones either. Just something to think about.

I used the Best Buy Gift Cards I earned to purchase the 8 gig Ipod Nano.

I absolultely love it. I rented a movie and watched it when we drove to Florida last week. The download to my computer took a few hours, but it was well worth it.

The sound is great and it is extremely user friendly. It does not even come with many directions because it is so easy to use.

I first purchased a toaster and hand blender with the gift cards. However, I decided I needed to spoil myself so I returned them for the Ipod. Very well worth it.

I bought a SanDisk Sansa 2 GB it came with a month subscription to Rhapsody. It's nothing fancy, but it has a nice battery life and you can also listen to the radio on it with clear quality.

Thanks for everything!Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the advice and help with this. My brother has all the newest electronic gadgets and I am so not into all that stuff.
I am happy with my cell phone, and I am amazed it has a camera LOL. I do not text, I do not do MP3's, and I do not own am Ipod but it's my brother's birthday so I need to get him something I know he'll use and enjoy!

He's worth it, Uncle Rick always spends tons of money on my kiddos (he is the single uncle with a good job, who might be a fire fighter soon.)

1. What is the best mp3 player for my budget?

The best mp3 player for your budget will depend on how much you are willing to spend and what features you are looking for. We offer a variety of mp3 players at different price points to meet your needs.

2. Does the mp3 player have Bluetooth capability?

Some of our mp3 players do have Bluetooth capability, but not all of them. Make sure to check the product description or ask a Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

3. How much storage does the mp3 player have?

The storage capacity of our mp3 players can vary. We offer options with 4GB, 8GB, and 16GB of storage. Consider how much music or other media you plan on storing to determine which option is best for you.

4. Can I listen to audiobooks on this mp3 player?

Yes, our mp3 players are capable of playing audiobooks. Some models may have specific features for audiobooks, such as bookmarks and playback speed control.

5. Is the mp3 player compatible with my computer?

Our mp3 players are compatible with most computers. They can be connected via USB to transfer music and other media files. However, make sure to check the product specifications to ensure compatibility with your specific computer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda K.
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies
Views
chefkristin
Replies
Views
chefann