• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What should I do about an old, forgotten order from January?

In summary, the expert recommends that the individual concerned make a note of what they promised and follow through with it. They also recommend address envelopes as they are talking with the person.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
:blushing: I just found an order in a bag waiting for me to call the customer. Here's where I screwed up....it was from JANUARY!!! I luckily did have her number and called and left a message. What do I do to make this right? I feel really bad that she either didn't have my contact info or didn't remember the order or anything like that....help!

OMG! I totally understand! I still have a product here but DON'T have any of her information!! :eek: I mean, what do you do?

Anyone?

Okay, a bit of a breath after researching some more. This is a lady I met at a booth in January and she won the $25 shopping spree. She wanted $50 more of products, so I ordered it for her on account. So, if she doesn't want it, no problem. She didn't pay for it yet, so I'll have more products to sell/use as incentives. Still, very unprofessional on my part in my opinion!

Um, yeah....I still have an order from May sitting in my car. It's for a preschool mom and she ordered after preschool ended, so I haven't seen her and have forgotten to bring it to her.

Alright, so we're in good company!!:p:p:eek::eek:

Yup...still have 3 HWC orders needing to be picked up! You are not alone!

I have one that I just took out of my car, it's only about a month old, but still.

OMG!!! Thank you for your honesty!! I found a HWC order form from a booth I did. I had given away the product to a host, thinking it was an extra I just had around. I had to buy one off of the marketplace to replace it and now I'm too embarrassed to call the woman!
I keep telling myself, call in the morning, call in the morning, but it is sooo unprofessional. But so is not calling!

I promised a lady I met at a fair that I would give her a cherry pitter I had left, she gave me her information and I lost it. :( We're bad....

I would offere her the last two SB (collector's items), spin it. :)

We're "Pampered" not "Perfect".

So, what do we do to fix it?

I'm in the same boat! I think I will remember things in my head but that is so not true!!! I have been trying to write things down as soon as I can after promising someone something or taking an order when I'm not at home (it's just a small order so I'll remember it, NOT!) That little pad that we received at NC (I think at the Exexcutive Banquet) has sure come in handy for stuff like that. We have so much that we are doing and these things just slip by us.
My big problem area is not getting stuff sent out in the mail. I have been addressing the envelope as I am talking with someone so that I can get off the phone and put whatever I told them I would mail right in the envelope. If I don't do it right when I said I would...it totally slips my mind til they call and say "I never received that...you were mailing me"!

chefruthie said:
I'm in the same boat! I think I will remember things in my head but that is so not true!!! I have been trying to write things down as soon as I can after promising someone something or taking an order when I'm not at home (it's just a small order so I'll remember it, NOT!) That little pad that we received at NC (I think at the Exexcutive Banquet) has sure come in handy for stuff like that. We have so much that we are doing and these things just slip by us.
My big problem area is not getting stuff sent out in the mail. I have been addressing the envelope as I am talking with someone so that I can get off the phone and put whatever I told them I would mail right in the envelope. If I don't do it right when I said I would...it totally slips my mind til they call and say "I never received that...you were mailing me"!

Same problem here!! I was just going to say that I love that wallet size business card holder with pad thingy. I used it to write down things I HAD to do ASAP and it's working! :)

I bit the bullet and called my lady. She laughed, she had totally forgotten about ordering it. Alls well in the universe! LOL:party:

I called and left a message - so far no call back.

:confused:I have a customers products from April of 2007. I keep calling her to come pick them up and even let her know when I'm in her area but she never calles me back. What do I do with them??? I don't want to deal with them in my office anymore but I don't feel like I should deliver them to her, she doesn't live that close. I don't want to send it because I don't even know if she lives at the same address. It was at least $50 in products??? Who wouldn't want to come pick them up. Any suggestions?

Did she pay you for them?

thanks for all your posts! At the moment I don't have anything to share but I have felt like such a BAD CONSULTANT when I have had stuff hanging around too long... So knowing I am not alone makes feel better.

Yes, who wouldn't want thier products when they paid for them?

Ok, why do I have two lines in my signature? I can't figure it out. HELP...........

:party:I fixed it!!!

:cry:I just noticed my picture is finally showing up..........can you all see what I look like? GREAT, I have another problem to fix.

Okay, this is too wierd. My last name is Hankins and my middle name is...you guessed it...Denise!!! I even lived in MO (St. Louis area) for a year and a half. Wow, small world! Nice to meet you.

:mad:Wow, that is a small world. Do you get called Hawkins too????

So, I finally figured it out. She won a gift certificate LAST DECEMBER and sort of made an order. The GC is expired now, and she never called me back, so the products went into my inventory.

Oh, but it did make me create some logs. I now have a mailing log and one for adjustments so I can make sure to follow up with them and am not mailing out money.

1. What should I do if I accidentally burn my food?

If you have burned your food, the first thing you should do is remove it from the heat source. Then, assess the level of burning - if it is just slightly charred, you may be able to salvage it by scraping off the burnt parts. If it is completely burnt, it is best to throw it out and start over.

2. How can I fix a dish that is too salty?

If your dish is too salty, there are a few things you can try to fix it. You can add a starchy ingredient like potatoes or rice to absorb some of the salt. You can also add a bit of sugar or acid (such as lemon juice or vinegar) to balance out the saltiness. If all else fails, you may need to dilute the dish by adding more of the other ingredients.

3. What do I do if I accidentally added too much spice?

If you accidentally added too much spice, you can try to balance it out by adding more of the other ingredients. You can also dilute the dish with more liquid or neutral ingredients, such as rice or potatoes. If the dish is still too spicy, you may need to start over or serve it with a side dish that can help balance out the spice.

4. What should I do if I overcook my meat?

If you have overcooked your meat, it can become tough and dry. The best way to salvage it is to cut it into smaller pieces and add it to a dish with a lot of liquid, such as a stew or soup. This will help to rehydrate the meat and make it more tender. You can also try marinating the overcooked meat in a flavorful sauce to help mask the dryness.

5. How can I fix a dish that turned out too greasy?

If your dish is too greasy, there are a few things you can try to fix it. You can use a paper towel to blot off excess oil on the surface of the dish. You can also add some absorbent ingredients, such as bread or rice, to the dish to soak up some of the excess oil. If the dish is still too greasy, you may need to start over or serve it with a salad or other lighter dishes to balance out the oiliness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • finley1991
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies