• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do...... Sorry, It's Really Long!

In summary, the first two consultants signed without consulting with the founder and the second two consultants did not follow through with their promises.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
SO many of you know that i signed 4 consultants in July and was a happy dream patrol recipient in August b/c of it. Well, the kicker is that not ONE person has turned anything in!!! 2 of them signed 4th of july weekend without me knowing them at all. the other 2 were HO leads that signed at the end.

1st cons-she signed, was a HO lead back in Oct 2007 and I kept her on my list. I called her to congratulate her and welcome her to the team and she replied with "Umm, if you need to contact me, please only do so by email" My reaction was R U kidding me?

2nd cons-a male in Puerto Rico who I called him to welcome him and he said thank you but he was busy. Everytime I called, he was too busy. Well, the last time I called, he told me that he has a marketing degree and wanted to market his website on the web and was told AFTER he signed that he couldn't do so. He loves the products and I told him to have a couple shows b/c he signed the agreement saying he would hold 4 shows. He said that he makes $25k a MONTH, and he didn't want to waste his time trying to put in shows that is going to pocket him $200. Ugh!

3rd-was a ho lead and I could NEVER (and still can't) reach her by phone. In fact, I got to her house to do the show and there was a lock box on the door. I called, of course got her voicemail but she immediately called back and said, oh i didn't tell you i moved? Um, NO! Well, it was a half hour north of where I was at. I get there, guests are there waiting for me to set up and she tells me when I'm taking the 30 min chicken out of the micro that she wants to do this. After the show I sit there, answer questions and she signs on the spot. Well, about 3 weeks later she's admitted into the hospital and is on bedrest (she was preggo) for almost 6 weeks. I get an email from her (her phone has that capability) asking me if I can do a show for her friend TOMORROW at 5. She gives me the friends # and I do the show. The friend ends up signing with me (after I called, emailed and no response from my cons to find out what I should do) and is now my only Future director on my team. :)

4th-wanted to sign up only to be a catalog consultant. I've tried calling, she's on my team emails and haven't heard back from her AT ALL!

I've tried blessing and releasing all of them b/c frankly I don't have the time to sit here and dwell. So it's been 3 months since 1 and 2 have signed. All of a sudden I get this email from Cons 1.

Hi,

I am working on entering a show right now. I have a few people that wanted the pink breast cancer items and I am not sure how to order them.

Thanks,

Hey!! SO good to hear from you!!

I can help you within the next 20 minutes over the phone if you’d like me help on entering the show BUT the breast cancer pink items can ONLY be ordered online because they are retired items and are in the outlet. Outlet items can’t be attached to a show because they’re already at a discount so they don’t reward the host with more host benefits.

Give me a call If you’d like me to help! (it was after 9pm and felt my eyes getting tired so that's why it was only 20 mins.

She writes back:
Sorry, I just returned back to my email too late. Do we order the breast cancer items as a regular customer or do we need to sign in and order under our consultant number? I did not find the items in our outlet. I only find them on the home page of pampered chef for regular customers.

I would like to order some for my mother since she just went through a complete mastectomy. Sorry to be such a pain :(

I had my first show on 9/28 and need to get it sent in but so many things keep coming up and I have not finished putting it in. This is my first one using the software. Years ago I sent them in as a written order form.

Thanks for your help,

I'm so excited at this point knowing she had a show!! So I write back:
Okay I just called and they said that since they are retired, you need to go to my website at to order them until you become qualified. Sorry!!  She said that you can’t order them online on Consultant’s corner or on P3 to get our 20% discount.

You can order these until October 31st. Also, if you think that you’ll have 3 more shows (besides the one you already have) to submit before the end of the month, you can wait to submit your order under your own website. 

She responds back with:
Hi,

The more I think about it the more unhappy I am. I took orders for these items from the women at my show. That means that I do not get credit for the sales and I CAN NOT even place their orders!! I was also excited to be able to give my mother a set of the pink dishes after her surgery and it sure takes the fun out of that thought.

I was not aware of this and you were not aware of this either because you had to call and ask! Why was all this small print or should I say invisible print coming out only after I have a show and want to place the orders? Several of the women placed a September order and an October order!!

This gives me a very bad taste of pampered chef and I was never treated like this before. My divorce is over, I am settled in my new job and my mother is recovering from her cancer surgery so I was ready to get started having parties. Instead, my show was all for nothing and I have to tell all the women that they have to place their orders themselves through who ever they can find as a consultant near them!?

I certainly won't be able to keep the bookings off of this show after telling them that!! You know this puts me and pampered chef in a very bad light with all these women!!

Would you still be in pampered chef if this happened to you on your first party? I certainly don't know where to go from here!!

I'm sorry this is so long but I need your guidance. I forward this to Darla Oelmann to get her opinion on what I should write back but I need help. She wrote this Friday night and i have yet to respond b/c I don't what to say without coming off like a biotch!!

Please help!

I'm speechless right now! Let us know what Darla says to tell them.

I also think I have one of their relatives on my team :(

Wow Kristi! Don't know what to say! {{{HUGS}}}

Maybe after the sting has worn off, she'll see things differently. :eek:

I'm not good at responding to this type of stuff when all I've had is coffee....and it's just too early to open a bottle of wine (though your situation probably warrants a margarita). For now, all I can offer are hugs.

Oh geez what is it with people this week????!

So sorry you're going through all this - especially with all of your dud recruits. That is SO frustrating. I hate when that happens. As much as you can, just bless and release and keep them on your team email. I say keep them on until they specifically ask to be removed. Don't let it take up much of your time (you don't have time or energy to waste on them) and shoot them an email every so often letting them know you're there for them when needed.

As for the one about the HWC products. It sounds like she's just looking for an excuse to be unhappy with this. I think you had a good suggestion about trying to qualify this month so she can accept orders for the pink stuff at the end of the month. Please-I think it's ridiculous she's putting the blame on you for it!!! And her asking you what you'd do if this happened at your first show! Sure, I would have been disappointed if I were her, but it probably also meant I didn't thoroughly read the policies and procedures.

Sorry you're going through this! I know it sucks to be so bummed out about a business you love so much!! Hang in there!:)

You know, the boldness of some people and these types of emails never ceases to amaze me... I mean seriously? I just can't imagine being that opinionated that I would send along that type of email to someone who I had essentially been letting down for the past 3 months by NOT starting my business, like there is anything you can do to fix company policy... she should send that email to the company if she's that upset about it, not address it soley with you... I think you were right for forwarding it along to your upline for advice. I'd be curious to see what she has to say!

Okay,

I would be interested in how the Consultant knew about the HWC products. The information in Consultant News is very specific. The following is cut and paste from it. They were not in small print.

There are three ways you can continue to Help Whip Cancer®
this October:
1. Participate in the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast
Cancer® annual noncompetitive walk. Sign up to join The Pampered Chef’s
National Team on Consultant’s Corner > Promoting Your Business > About
Our Charitable Giving Programs > Help Whip Cancer.
2. Hold a Help Whip Cancer® Fundraiser Show in October.
3. Promote the sale of pink products on your Personal Web Site for this
online-only event.

Plus, your Personal Web Site home page will have a pink background
Oct. 1-31 to remind guests they can help with this important cause.

As far as her accusing you of now know what was going on, I suggest telling her you did know the rules, you went out of your way to see if there was anything that could have been done for her.

Please do not make any apologies to her. This seems to be a case of her blaming you for her lack of success. She has obviously been through some tough times lately and that may account for her thoughts and actions or lack of actions.

Thanks guys! You're all the best! I'm done being upset about so I think I'll address the situation today. The only thing about today is that I'm supposed to be holding a cook and book today at my house but I've only heard from one person and she won't call me back! I know that she had boy scout camping this weekend but she said she'd be here for the training. I'm going to do it even if it's just for one b/c she's my FD.

I also had DCF here at my house today for my neighbor boys across the street. Not fun!

The bright side is that my whole house is Clean!! Yay! It looks SO good!! Laundry is also getting done so great day! That's my happy news today!!

I'll let you know what Darla says to do. I'm wondering though, should I wait until I hear from Darla or just type up my response and wait?

I would pick up the phone and call this woman. Email is not going to cut it.

DebbieJ said:

I agree with Deb.

DebbieJ said:

I would but I've tried. I guess when she was a HO lead a year ago, she lived here. She's since moved to Alabama and disconnected her number. When I received these emails on friday, I called Career Solutions to see what they thought and basically it came down to bless and release. I asked them if she updated her # with them and she said no! So no number for me.

pampmomof3 said:
I would but I've tried. I guess when she was a HO lead a year ago, she lived here. She's since moved to Alabama and disconnected her number. When I received these emails on friday, I called Career Solutions to see what they thought and basically it came down to bless and release. I asked them if she updated her # with them and she said no! So no number for me.

Oh, it's that one!

zowee~this is a tought one. I, too had 2 new consultants join in August. One was a former consultant and would never return my calls to schedule training. She called to tell me she was having surgery and needed to place the orders she had...I suggested she get the orders in before 9/30 so that she wouldn't go inactive...she didn't do it. I had sent my standard email "homework" to her when she was brand new (since we couldn't connect for training)~it states all the info about what to do before your kit comes...one of them being get your debit/credit card.
SO, she calls me yesterday (I was at CostCo) and is asking me all kinds of questions about how to submit her show, why was she having problems, how come she can't use her own personal credit card to pay, yada yada yada............I told her to call HO and talk to tech support for her answers to P3 and to talk to customer service about her concerns with the credit card issue....knowing exactly what they will tell her.....

WOW, I feel better just having typed all that out! Venting to you all really does work~

ANYWHO, Kristi, I would inform this chick that PC was specific with how to order the pink products and that you would love to help her, but she has to help you as well, by being open to the information you give as well as what comes from HO. You can only suggest again that she submit 4 other shows and get the website to submit the customers pink orders.....she will get over it, or not, and nothing you say will make a difference.

Yes Deb, it's that one!! :mad:

Meg! thank you for that. I couldn't agree more! I still have to send something out to her but I have to tell you about my cook and book on another thread!! :D

1. What to do if my dish cracks while baking?

If your dish cracks while baking, it is likely due to sudden temperature changes. To prevent this, make sure to let your dish cool down before placing it in the oven. If your dish does crack, simply remove it from the oven and let it cool completely before handling it. Do not put it in the sink or run cold water over it, as this can make the crack worse.

2. How do I clean my Pampered Chef stoneware?

To clean your Pampered Chef stoneware, use a nylon scraper or a plastic scrubber to remove any food residue. Do not use soap, as it can absorb into the stoneware and affect the taste of your food. If there are stubborn stains, you can create a paste using baking soda and water and scrub it onto the stoneware. Rinse with warm water and let the stoneware air dry.

3. Can I use my Pampered Chef stoneware on the stovetop?

No, Pampered Chef stoneware is not suitable for use on the stovetop. It is designed for use in the oven or microwave only. Using it on the stovetop can cause the stoneware to crack or break.

4. How do I prevent my Pampered Chef stoneware from sticking?

To prevent your stoneware from sticking, make sure to properly season it before first use. You can do this by rubbing a small amount of cooking oil onto the stoneware and then baking it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. After each use, make sure to clean the stoneware thoroughly and season it again if necessary.

5. Can I use metal utensils on my Pampered Chef stoneware?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on your Pampered Chef stoneware. Metal utensils can scratch or damage the stoneware, which can affect its non-stick properties. It is best to use nylon, silicone, or wooden utensils when cooking with stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmdtrgd
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • PCJenni
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Nanisu
Replies