• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble with Kit Enhancement Order? Here's Why and What You Can Do

In summary, a new consultant was unable to submit her new consultant kit enhancement order because she was $34 short of being active for the third consecutive month. She then submitted an individual order to reach the minimum sales requirement, but was still unable to place the kit enhancement order because the processing would not be completed before the end of the month. This rule was not clearly stated and caused frustration for the consultant. It is advised to not wait until the last minute to submit orders and to clarify the guidelines for the kit enhancement month. Additionally, the Free Product Value (FPV) is used for the FPV buy down and may have caused confusion in this situation.
baychef
Silver Member
So I spoke with a new consultant who is trying to submit her new consultant kit enhancement order. She can't so I looked into why and discovered that she was $34 and some change from being active this month. This month would be her 3rd consecutive month of activity so she would qualify for this.

So she submitted an individual order for $34 and some change bringing her over the $150 mark. She did this yesterday. So today she tries to submit her kit enhancement again and she can't. So she writes a nice note to HO and this is the response:

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. I see you submitted an Individual Order just yesterday that makes you reach the $150.00 minimum sales requirement for the month May. However, to be able to qualify for Kit Enhancement, that order had to be placed in time to allow processing to complete before the end of the month. Unfortunately, processing of your order will not complete until some time during this week, which disqualifies you from ordering a Kit Enhancement order.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad:

Can not find in the literature where this is addressed. And I have written a nice but frustrated note to our sales rep from HO. I have also asked if the kit enhancement month stipulations can be made clearer or if the director can be given a month where this kicks in.

This young lady is frustrated and rightly so. I don't even know what to tell her, but have e-mailed her back telling her that I am flabbergasted (I actually am P.O.'d and I do not mean Post Office either!)

I have shared this with my directors so they can be aware and I will calculate this for new team members as well. Very aggravated.

Ok...rant over...:(

I totally don't know the rules on all of this. Just trying to grasp the concept of why they would say that. So her 4th month was May? It seems like Feb, March & April would be the 3 months to count as being active. If she wasn't active in one of those months & needed May to count then I might understand. They needed the computer to show the "active" status before she sat down to data entry the KE. Not fair if she didn't know the rules, but I can see how it would make sense to the computer. :(

The new consultant kit enhancement is just something that probably slips by me so I am going to do my best to keep track for new people and make sure with HO of the date. Then remind new consultant's not to wait until the last minute.

Ugg. What a disappointment. :( THis is why I am always telling my team to never waiit until the last minute. I have a consultant who almost missed the April KE because of the same thing. She has told me she wanted to use it and I know that she always submits on the last day so I made a big deal about the fact that it had to process so she needed to give them at least a couple days.

I only knew this "rule" because when someone uses the FPV buy down the show has to process before it can be used.

**another rule we have to learn by experience** Why can't they put it all down in writing??!? I recall them telling us that this career plan would simplify things.

HUGS Ann!!!! :)

bethcooks4u said:

I only knew this "rule" because when someone uses the FPV buy down the show has to process before it can be used.

**another rule we have to learn by experience** Why can't they put it all down in writing??!? I recall them telling us that this career plan would simplify things.

Ok...I am very dense today...what is FPV? And yes, this is my big gripe...why can't it be in writing.

Honestly, I am going to call to try to get every new consultant's KE month so I can help them better. And yes, I just sent out an e-mail recently about not waiting until the last minute.

Now that my birds have flown away from the nest (my new director team) I will be really concentrating more on my consultants still in the nest!! I have been neglecting them.:(

Sheila said:
FPV = Free Product Value ;)

Still thick here...So if she had just submitted the straight $150 for a show it would have counted? She did an individual order of $34.50. I am so thick today, I am still not understanding it all. I think a thick cloud of "stupid" has floated into my brain today.

baychef said:
Still thick here...So if she had just submitted the straight $150 for a show sale it would have counted? She did an individual order of $34.50. I am so thich today, I am still not understanding it all. I thick a thick cloud of "stupid" has floated into my brain today.

FPV has nothing to do with your situation. I was talking about a person who wanted to use the buy down option to get her kit. The same process is in play. The show has to clear before the benefit is available. Sorry I wasn't clear.

ETA: Her individual order was enough. It just wasn't put in soon enough to clear in time for her to use the benefit.

Ok...got it! But like you mentioned before...there is NOTHING that states this in the literature. Everything else revolves around the "end of the month by midnight" except this and no where is this stated or made clear.

I am going to offer to coach her to get her back in a good place with her business...and then I will use my personal discount as an AD and cover the other 5% IF she gets some action going in her business.

This woman's job is creating contracts so not seeing it writing is making her really doubt PC being ethical...which I am trying to clear up for her. She is upset and frustrated so clearly she is going to find fault at a moment's notice. Thank you, Beth and Sheila for helping pull my head out of my :eek:!!

Oooh Ann that sounds unpleasant all the way around. You are a good egg.
That is all I am going to say about that!
:)

I'd call corporate & keep going up the line & complaining. If you go high enough up the line, you might get someone who agrees that the policy needs to be published and help you ladies work around this situation. All they can say is no. Right? ;)

Hey, I think I may have gotten somewhere!!

The information from Tech Support is not correct and I will address that with the Supervisor in that area.

Because she turned in the balance of the sales on 5/31, she was not able to transmit her KE order as our system would not allow it. She needs to send me a paper order which I will approve and send down to Clerical for processing.

Please let me know if you would like CCS to call her.

They are going to call her to resolve this issue!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just a thought. . . If we have the 30 and 90 day dates on CC under Performance Tracker, wouldn't the 4th month for KE be the next 30 days?

chefsheila1 said:
Just a thought. . . If we have the 30 and 90 day dates on CC under Performance Tracker, wouldn't the 4th month for KE be the next 30 days?

Nope...learned that one the hard way a year ago as well. The woman's 90 days was July 1 but her KE month was July as well and she waited until the last minute the last day of the month, the last minute, last second and was denied her kit because we interpreted it that way. I hate to even answer the question of when their KE is so I will be gathering that info soon on each person to make it clear.

woohoo2.gif
I'm so happy for BOTH of you!!!
woohoo2.gif

That was painful Ann! Glad it's being resolved, and hopefully restoring her faith in PC.

Maybe we can ask tech support at conference to include KE month?

I am so glad they took care of it!

1. What is a "Trouble with Kit Enhancement Order?"

A "Trouble with Kit Enhancement Order" is when there is an issue or problem with a purchase of a kit enhancement through Pampered Chef. This could include items missing from the order, damaged items, or incorrect items received.

2. Why did my Kit Enhancement Order have a problem?

There are several reasons why a Kit Enhancement Order may have a problem. Some common reasons include errors in processing, shipping issues, or inventory discrepancies. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and are happy to help resolve the issue.

3. What can I do if I have a problem with my Kit Enhancement Order?

If you have a problem with your Kit Enhancement Order, please reach out to our customer service team. They will be able to assist you in resolving the issue and making sure you receive the correct items as soon as possible.

4. How long does it take to resolve a problem with a Kit Enhancement Order?

The time it takes to resolve a problem with a Kit Enhancement Order can vary depending on the specific issue and the availability of the item(s) in question. Our customer service team will work quickly to resolve the problem and get your order completed as soon as possible.

5. Can I return or exchange items from my Kit Enhancement Order?

Yes, items from a Kit Enhancement Order can be returned or exchanged within our standard return policy. If there is a problem with your order, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance with the return or exchange process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • esavvymom