• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did My Website Link Cause an Order Mix-Up?

In summary, the speaker sent out an outlet e-mail and had a customer contact them, wanting to order two items. However, the link sent to the customer did not work and ended up crediting the order to another consultant. The speaker contacted the home office and was told to have the customer reorder and return the original order. After realizing outlet items cannot be returned, the speaker contacted the customer to cancel the order, but was told it was not possible. Despite this, the speaker had a successful PC week with a booth and recruiting opportunities. The speaker also learned a lesson about using the correct URL when sending links to customers.
imported_iteachurkid
Ok, so sent out my outlet e-mail yesterday and had a customer contact me this morning saying she wanted to order two items. She said the link didn't work, so I went to my website, went to the item she wanted and copied and pasted the link and sent it to her. She placed the order and it came up at the end that the order was credited to another consultant. I can't figure it out. I went back and clicked on the link I sent and it goes straight to my website. Anyone know what I did wrong. I'm bummed, I mean it was only a $28 order, but I can use every order I can get right now. I called home office as soon as she called me and they said it was already in the warehouse but the girl told me just to have her order it again and then when she got the first order to return it. I hung up and thought, you can't return outlet items. I called back, and I was right. I'm so glad I didn't tell her to do it. I asked if she could call and cancel and they said no. I know it's an outlet order, but I still thought that you always had three days to cancel an order. Maybe not. Ok, I need to get over this. I've had a great PC week and need to focus on that. I did a booth on Saturday and sold over $1300 in cash and carry products and another $250 in orders. Also got 5 strong booking leads. Then had a recruit fall in my lap yesterday and have another recruiting interview this afternoon (she already has her first 2 shows booked). THEN had an inactive consultant call me last night saying she wants to get together to get her business back going so she's coming over tonight. Like I said a good PC week :) Ok, I'm over the $28, but still wonder where things fell apart. Thanks for listening!

:)
Jennifer

When you copy and paste from your site, the links it creates are for the corporate site because they own the pictures/content. If your link took her to another consultant's site, she has probably visited that site sometime in the past and the address was in her cache somewhere.

To prevent this, either place the order for your customer or make sure you disable any hyperlinks before you send the email.

Thanks for clearing that up...at least I know what happened. Oh well, live and learn :) I signed my second consultant in 2 days today so I don't care about a $28 order!! Thanks for the info :)

You have to send her to your www.biz/yourname URL and that's it. No other links will work.

DebbieJ said:
You have to send her to your www.biz/yourname URL and that's it. No other links will work.

Lesson learned :) The weird thing is I ended up talking to the director yesterday who ended up getting the sale and she said I"m the 2nd person to tell her that they had a customer go through their website and it end up being credited to her. Like I said, I'm not gonna worry about it. Too many other great things going on :) Thanks for the help!

iteachurkid said:
Thanks for clearing that up...at least I know what happened. Oh well, live and learn :) I signed my second consultant in 2 days today so I don't care about a $28 order!! Thanks for the info :)

COngrats on the 2 new recruits. That rocks!

What should I do if I am having trouble accessing the Pampered Chef website?

If you are having difficulty accessing our website, please try clearing your browser's cookies and cache, or try accessing the site using a different browser. You can also try restarting your computer or resetting your internet connection. If the issue persists, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

Why am I getting an error message when I try to place an order on the website?

If you receive an error message while trying to place an order, it could be due to a variety of issues such as a technical glitch, an expired promotion code, or an issue with your payment method. Please double check your information and try again. If the issue persists, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

How do I update my account information on the Pampered Chef website?

To update your account information, simply log into your account on our website and click on the "My Account" tab. From there, you can update your personal information, shipping address, and payment methods. Don't forget to click "Save" after making any changes.

Can I track my order on the Pampered Chef website?

Yes, you can track your order by logging into your account and clicking on the "My Orders" tab. You will be able to see the status of your order and track its shipment if applicable. You can also contact our customer service team for assistance with tracking your order.

Why am I not receiving any emails from Pampered Chef?

If you are not receiving emails from us, please check your spam or junk folder as our emails may have been filtered there. You can also add our email address to your contacts or safe senders list to ensure you receive our emails in the future. If the issue persists, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
finley1991
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ndbigler
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies