• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Other Work Do You Do? Exploring Online Job Opportunities

I have been a stay at home mom for the last 7 1/2 years and now my daughter is in 1st grade. Last year I started subbing for the school district in the food service and latchkey. I am still doing that now with the hopes of finding a job full time in the school district. I love being off when my daughter is in school and can watch her during the day.
I want something that I don't have to get a babysitter for:D

While I do not have another "paying job" outside of the home I am involved in MANY things!

I am the chairperson to our Early childhood advisory council (PTA for birth to 5)
Also Chair for one of our big fall Fundraisers. We call it "Memories in the Making" it's a 12 hr day of scrapbooking! This will be our 2nd anual event. Last year it was a huge success and I can't wait to see how it goes this year!
I am on the board of my MOMS club.
I will be a Brownie leader starting this fall.

Awesome. I do a few things outside the home also :)

Tell me about this fundraiser!!! Email me direct if you'd like! [email protected]
My dad is the dir. of a disability min. that is celebrating 25 years of min. next year and we are looking at some different events and fund raisers all the time, but this might be neat for an event to do as a part of the celebration next spring or summer, maybe even to scrap some of the ministry's pics!

Thanks for any thoughts you might be able to provide!:D

etteluap70PC said:
While I do not have another "paying job" outside of the home I am involved in MANY things!

I am the chairperson to our Early childhood advisory council (PTA for birth to 5)
Also Chair for one of our big fall Fundraisers. We call it "Memories in the Making" it's a 12 hr day of scrapbooking! This will be our 2nd anual event. Last year it was a huge success and I can't wait to see how it goes this year!
I am on the board of my MOMS club.
I will be a Brownie leader starting this fall.

Teresa Lynn said:
I suck at housekeeping, so I have to stop.

Friday,
this cracks me up...
Honey, do you think it gets easier or better if you stop???? :p

That came out far goofier than I intended.... but you are right... it won't get any better. But ideally I will be able to afford a MAID if I go and work more. The other ideal would be that if both me and DH are working, he will pick up the slack and help out more at home- but lets not get too goofy.

I am a grant manager for Governor's office. I managed money that the state gets from FEMA after disasters. I love my job because I see how mitigation of homes and critical facalities can save lives and property in future disasters.

I am also a grandma of 2 and very soon (days) to be 3. Being a grandma is the best job in world.

Well I work at our local YMCA a few hours a week. It's the only thing I do besides PC. I homeschool my son, and since I work in their child watch center, he can go with me! Sometimes I take our school work with me because some times I have a span of an hour or hour 1/2 with no kids at all, but I have to stay just in case! I also went to Nail Technology School and I don't work in a shop, but have friends of mine come over for manicures and pedicures, and that makes me about $100-150 dollars a month, sometimes more!!! I also work at the YMCA to get a discount on a family membership. My son has taken the swimming test and can swim up to 2 hours as long as I am in the building. Works out GREAT!!

I do many things too...most are non-paid...here are some...

Systems & Process Engineer (FT job)
Domestic Engineer (FT and then some job!!!! - I love getting paid in hugs and kisses though).
Volunteer Firefighter and EMT
AWANA leader
Help at kids school - their version of PTA
PC (of course)
Red Cross Instructor (First Aid/CPR/Pet First Aid/Emergency Response)
Do sound or music at church sometimes
Volunteer at camp where my husband works (things such as cooking, lifeguarding, dragging trail rides, medical registration/care, fixing computers, whatever comes up!)

For fun I play softball in the summer too or help my daughter learn piano or whatever comes up with the kids. I would love to get diving some more (SCUBA).

I work parttime as a Quickbooks consultant which is ideal as I can work the hours around my kids schedules.

I also do a lot of unpaid work at school and church.
AWANA leader
Run a scrapbooking ministry
Women's retreat coordination
Various items as school usually a day or two
Chair our school's annual auction

I'm also interested in the scrapbook fundraiser Paulette!

MicheleC said:
I work parttime as a Quickbooks consultant which is ideal as I can work the hours around my kids schedules.

I also do a lot of unpaid work at school and church.
AWANA leader
Run a scrapbooking ministry
Women's retreat coordination
Various items as school usually a day or two
Chair our school's annual auction

I'm also interested in the scrapbook fundraiser Paulette!

What age group?

Janet,

I have worked with Cubbies in the past and was our director but I'm going to move up to the T & T group this year. I do children's church services for the 3-5 year olds (past 10 years) but would like to try working with older kids for a change. How about you?

I'm a SAHM to 5 y/o DS and 46 y/o DH!

MicheleC said:
Janet,

I have worked with Cubbies in the past and was our director but I'm going to move up to the T & T group this year. I do children's church services for the 3-5 year olds (past 10 years) but would like to try working with older kids for a change. How about you?

Sparks

I started back up as a leader when my DD started Cubbies - I like that age but wanted her to have her "own experience" to start. Our church is smaller - building-wise and she would have been with me all night. Now she is in Sparks but in a different room. I used to mainly work with 5th and 6th graders but I was in AWANA when it was still Chums/Guards/Pals/Pioneers and when I came back as a leader wanted to jump right in and be useful and T&T was TOO much of a change for me to absorb in one night! :)

Now I'm at home with the Sparks, they're a fun age!

As for church, I used to teach 6th grade girls in S.S., used to be a Guards leader (5th and 6th at the time), and work in the nursery. With the exception of AWANA, I tend to go 3 years with a ministry then take time off of it. That seems to be my time when I need to refresh myself spiritually or do another ministry. For AWANA, this is year 4 back this round so we'll see how long I go before getting burned out. If I feel myself slipping at all, I take a break.

pamperedlinda said:
I'm a SAHM to 5 y/o DS and 46 y/o DH!

I always say I have 3 kids - married my oldest! :D

janetupnorth said:
I always say I have 3 kids - married my oldest! :D
They are the most work! And don't follow directions near as well as the younger ones ;)

I work as a baker for the local grocery store. That means I am up at 3am 5 days a week. It's the kind of job that is hard to schedule parties but for nightime because I don't get a set schedule so I never know when I am working. You can imagine how hard it is after a 7pm show to get up for work at 3am LOL

janetupnorth said:
Sparks

I tend to go 3 years with a ministry then take time off of it. That seems to be my time when I need to refresh myself spiritually or do another ministry.

That's how I've started feeling about the preschool grade. I'm planning to turn over that ministry soon because I don't have that passion anymore. I find it so hard to move on and have to remind myself that if God wants this ministry to continue then he'll bring the right person to serve.

Fluffy215 said:
I work as a baker for the local grocery store. That means I am up at 3am 5 days a week. It's the kind of job that is hard to schedule parties but for nightime because I don't get a set schedule so I never know when I am working. You can imagine how hard it is after a 7pm show to get up for work at 3am LOL

YIKES!!:yuck: :yuck:

I quit my job 2.5 years ago right before I had my DS. I worked side by side with a PTA who specialized in Myofacial Release Technique. I certainly miss it, though...I loved seeing progress that our patients made, and loved helping them to be in less pain! Most of our patients were chronic problems or severe injuries usually due to car accidents.

Now I am a FT SAHM to Evan (2.5) Sean (12) and John (40)...and sometimes to Brittney (15) who is living with her Mom in FL right now.

For almost 9 years I have been lucky enough to own and run my own restaurant.

I'm an office manager for an accounting firm, which includes doing payroll taxes, income taxes, sales taxes, coffee maker, copy repair, computer repair, secretary, receptionist...etc. I'm sure I left something out, but I think you all get the picture.

Then there's homemaker, mom and Pampered Chef consultant...does anyone else feel there's just not enough hours in the day?

pamperedpals said:
I work full-time for a health care system in the Construction Services Department. I am hoping when my youngest start's school in 4 years (he is going to miss the b-day cut-off by about 2 months) I will be able to be home with them all the time. I have three boys, 8 (beginning of Oct), 3 (as of March) and 2 (end of October).

DH and I also get away the first friday of the month for our "date night." At least we try to when the kids aren't sick and we have a babysitter. :)

I'm part-time for a health care system in the Facilities Planning & Construction Department... I'm the admin assist for 5 project managers (or as I like to say... I'm the head babysitter!). What do you do for CSD?

HomeschoolerI am a stay-at-home/homeschool mom to three beautiful kids (ages 12, 10 and 8).

I am a branch manager for a bank. PC gives me a chance to earn a little fun money and manage only me!! (if only all employees were as easy to work with! :rolleyes: )

I work full-time in a credit office and am also pursuing my Master's at the same time. I have been having a difficult time lately to focus on my business so I think I may be in the same boat as JK.

I am a Trucking Dispatcher, and I would just like to add that I am so blessed to work for two Christian companies. That is one thing that I love a PC is all of the fellow christians that I have come know through this company and also now I work for a small trucking company and the owner and his wife and kids who I work in the office with are very strong Christians and I love it. Anyway I know that that was more than you asked for but I just wanted to share it.

I am a legal secretary. I work Mon-Thurs. I also keep books for an older couple too from home.

I work as a public relations representative/marketing and advertising coordinator for our small, non-profit hospital.

Unpaid work includes being a coaches (football) wife (hosting meetings, working concession stands, creating program books and general fundraising), a high school robotics team mentor and a member of our local Junior Women's Civic Club.

I am currently a SAHEN (stay at home empty nester) trying to get some organization in my life. When I worked full time with 5 sons at home I did a lot better and got more done. But to be fair, I spent the spring working on painting and other home projects, traveled all summer and now have a full fall PC schedule and need to get back at the painting and home projects. I handle all home maintainance except mowing the lawn and fixing the toilet.

On a side note: We also have a monthly Friday the 13th date night (even if it doesn't land on a Friday) - we were married on Friday the 13th and had a son born on Friday the 13th so it has special meaning! And we recently made every Wednesday our night that we block out for us time - even if we just cook a nice meal and watch a movie - no work, no phone, no computer allowed.

I am a paralegal for the county prosecutor's office.

I'm a domestic goddess.

Oh and I have two little princesses 3 and 5.

I am a stay at home mom of two. I worked until my second was born last October. I hear you on every one who commented on their husbands not understanding. I too would like my husband to stay home one full day with the kids. Although I always tell him he should try going grocery shopping with both of them and running a TON of errands. That is always the most fun!! It is great to learn about all of you
Layla

chefheidi2003 said:
I am a Trucking Dispatcher, and I would just like to add that I am so blessed to work for two Christian companies. That is one thing that I love a PC is all of the fellow christians that I have come know through this company and also now I work for a small trucking company and the owner and his wife and kids who I work in the office with are very strong Christians and I love it. Anyway I know that that was more than you asked for but I just wanted to share it.
What company do you work for? My husband is with Old Dominion.

I am a Media Clerk in a middle school and a PT student plus a mom to two!! So unforunately I have had to cut back on PC.

laylaleigh said:
I am a stay at home mom of two. I worked until my second was born last October. I hear you on every one who commented on their husbands not understanding. I too would like my husband to stay home one full day with the kids. Although I always tell him he should try going grocery shopping with both of them and running a TON of errands. That is always the most fun!! It is great to learn about all of you
Layla

I just wanted to say my daughters name is Layla and is spelled the same way! Do you get a lot of Leila? She does and she is two! Poor thing will have to correct everyone!!

I have been trying my darnest not to have to go back into the 40 hours a week corporate world.

I work 15-18 hours a week as a Fitness Tech for Curves (fun, and I get to workout for free!)
6-15 hours a week as the "Demo Lady at Meijers" I work for a company called Elite Marketing and we do demo's at the local Meijer's (a large mega store which sells everything from soup to car parts to garden supplies to electronics)
I do mystery shopping... new housing, banks, storage unit places, restaurants and coffee shops, apartments, cell phone stores, retail, etc. I apply for the jobs I want, and work the ones I choose.

Plus I am a member of the Junior League and chair our new project committee this year. I am busy all the time! It's get me out and about and lets me meet a bunch of people.

I am a mom & a wife. I am also the 'office manager' for the family farm. That really just means that I pay the bills & keep the computers functioning, lol!

I'm a SAHM to 3 for the past 13 years (and it goes so fast) - first year all 3 are in school full time (1st, 5th and 7th grades) so I've taken on the role of assistant treasurer for our Elementary school PTO which has been fun so far. Don't have plans to go back in the workforce yet - if I did I would do something part time. I really don't miss the days of working in an office!

PamperChefCarol said:
I have been trying my darnest not to have to go back into the 40 hours a week corporate world.

I work 15-18 hours a week as a Fitness Tech for Curves (fun, and I get to workout for free!)
6-15 hours a week as the "Demo Lady at Meijers" I work for a company called Elite Marketing and we do demo's at the local Meijer's (a large mega store which sells everything from soup to car parts to garden supplies to electronics)
I do mystery shopping... new housing, banks, storage unit places, restaurants and coffee shops, apartments, cell phone stores, retail, etc. I apply for the jobs I want, and work the ones I choose.

Plus I am a member of the Junior League and chair our new project committee this year. I am busy all the time! It's get me out and about and lets me meet a bunch of people.

Who do you mystery shop thru? I've heard some of my friends talking about this, and I just never know what are GOOD business by just doing an online search. How much do you make doing it?

I work PT as an oil and gas lease analyst. Basically I make sure that the landowners get paid correctly and that we don't miss any important dates. Sometimes I do some title workl, which I think is really interesting. I love my real job, but PC gives me a lot more girl time (oil and gas is very male-dominated). I also have a 1 year, little girl, Tavia and a hubby to take care of at home. Doesn't it seem like as a woman you wear about 15 different hats?!

Sahm!!!
JaimeQ said:
I am a full time stay at home mom also...
I too am a full time stay at home home,I have a 3 year old, a 20 month old, and an 84 year old grandmother to take care of!:rolleyes:

Chef_2_Four said:
I just wanted to say my daughters name is Layla and is spelled the same way! Do you get a lot of Leila? She does and she is two! Poor thing will have to correct everyone!!

I get called all kinds of things. But yes on the spelling I often get the ei. I always tell people it is spelled exactly as it sounds Lay la. I was named after the song. Anthing special for your daughter? Where are you in GA?

missydivine said:
I'm a domestic goddess.
I like the term "domestic goddess"! I know someone that is a stay at home mom and she says she is a "domestic engineer":D I think thats cute too...

<h2>1. What kind of work do you do besides Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Besides working for Pampered Chef, I also have an online job where I work from home.</p><h2>2. Can you tell me more about your online job?</h2><p>Sure! My online job involves managing social media accounts for small businesses.</p><h2>3. How did you find your online job?</h2><p>I found my online job through a job search website specifically for remote and online positions.</p><h2>4. Is it difficult to balance both your job at Pampered Chef and your online job?</h2><p>It can be challenging at times, but I have a set schedule for both jobs and make sure to prioritize my tasks accordingly.</p><h2>5. Do you recommend getting an online job for someone looking to work from home?</h2><p>It depends on the individual's skills and preferences, but overall, having an online job can provide flexibility and the opportunity to work from the comfort of your own home.</p>

Related to What Other Work Do You Do? Exploring Online Job Opportunities

1. What kind of work do you do besides Pampered Chef?

Besides working for Pampered Chef, I also have an online job where I work from home.

2. Can you tell me more about your online job?

Sure! My online job involves managing social media accounts for small businesses.

3. How did you find your online job?

I found my online job through a job search website specifically for remote and online positions.

4. Is it difficult to balance both your job at Pampered Chef and your online job?

It can be challenging at times, but I have a set schedule for both jobs and make sure to prioritize my tasks accordingly.

5. Do you recommend getting an online job for someone looking to work from home?

It depends on the individual's skills and preferences, but overall, having an online job can provide flexibility and the opportunity to work from the comfort of your own home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies
Views
PCwithStay-C
  • janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef