• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Full Time Job, Family, and Pampered Chef. How Do You Do It?

In summary, this woman works full-time and does PC part-time. She does around 8 shows per month and tries to do at least 1 show a day during the week. She sets aside 2-3 weekends a month for shows.
ms_twana
Hello. I'm just starting out as a Consultant. I work full-time and I am married with two young boys. So, I just wanted to get some tips & feedback from other wives/moms that work full-time and do PC part-time. How do you manage your time? How often do you have shows?

I already have a show on every Saturday, except one, in November. I don't normally get home during the week until around 6:00, so weekday shows are not an option. Weekends are all that I have. I'm starting to wonder if I REALLY want to do this. Do I really want to be away from home EVERY Saturday? I know it's only for a few hours, but I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth it.

So, help me out ladies. What works for you?

I work too, gone from home almost 12 hours a day, so I understand. But scroll down and look at some of the other threads on this topic. I've been really inspired by some of the consultants here.

It's totally worth it. For working 4 times a month at PC you will pull in $400-600 for 12 hours of work the entire month. That's about $33 - $50 per hour. That's worth it in my book.

I work full time outside the home, have 3 kids (2 out of 3 go to work with me) and my husband works 60 hrs./week. I average 2 shows/week and do the bulk of them on Friday nights at 6:30 or 7pm and Saturday's at 2pm. I am very strict and tight w/ my show schedule and what I can offer b/c I have to work my PC schedule around my family stuff.

I do find it's important to take a weekend off here and there if you find yourself getting burnt out. I am hitting it hardcore until Thanksgiving weekend, will work like crazy and then will take another break after Dec. 12th.

Just give it an honest try. You have nothing to lose.

Thanks. I always forget that "similar threads" are posted below. I'll check those out.

I also work full-time and have a young family. I do around 8 shows a month, with 3-5 catalog shows per month. It is doable. Just decide how much you want to do it then work with that. Work smarter not harder is my philosophy....you can do it.

I don't work a full time job, but have 2 kids at home (one in Kindergarten who we are pulling out at semester to homeschool), and I do office work for DH's business, so although I have flexibility in my work, I don't sit around eating bon-bon's and watching soaps (not that I think that other moms do, just sayin').
I have been doing this for about 8 months now, and I have finally decided to start double and triple booking my Saturdays that I work. It already takes a chunk out of my day and I don't want to work every saturday, so I have decided I will work 2 Saturdays a month, maybe 3 if there are 5. We usually have to get a sitter for part of one of those days b/c DH usually ends up working at least some every Saturday that we are in town.
It is tough, but if PC is a priority for you, then you will make it work.
Didn't mean for that to sound rude, but if you really have a focus and a desire to do this to better your family then it will happen. If you are just doing it for a little extra fun money, then it may not be worth working every weekend to you.

It's definitely worth it and doable. My personal max is 5-6 shows a month, at that point I'm feeling pretty worn out LOL

One thing I do though is set aside 2-3 weekends a month that I do shows and then I book all my shows into those weekends. That way I have a couple of weekends every month that are TOTALLY for my family. We can plan trips, activities, etc. And I don't have to feel like I'm working 6 days a week every week.

I have a full-time job, married with 2 young boys and I'm taking 2 college classes per semester and I started with PC back in Sept! I think that the extra money is so worth it! I find that by marking my calendar each month with all my personal stuff then marking what days I am willing to fill with shows have helped me alot. During the week, after work, family time, and school work if I have any extra time then I will log on and take a quick training class (most of them are 20 mins long) or I will read about a product. I set these little goals because it could be anywhere from 30 sec to read about 1 product to 30 mins. I also take little pockets of free time throughout the day to make my host coaching or customer care calls.
Another thing that I love is that even if you only hold 1 show a month that's still some gas money in your pocket and you stay active!

Great tips ladies. I love the idea of booking two shows on Saturdays then just doing 2 Saturday's a month. I'll try that.

1. How do you manage your time between your full-time job, family, and Pampered Chef?

Managing time is crucial when balancing a full-time job, family, and Pampered Chef. I make sure to create a schedule and prioritize tasks based on their importance. I also involve my family in my Pampered Chef business, and we work together to make it a fun and enjoyable experience.

2. Is it difficult to juggle all three responsibilities?

It can be challenging at times, but I have learned to be organized and efficient with my time. I also have a supportive family and a flexible full-time job that allows me to balance all three responsibilities effectively.

3. Do you have any tips for successfully managing a full-time job and a direct sales business like Pampered Chef?

My biggest tip is to make sure you have a clear understanding of your priorities and set realistic expectations for yourself. Communication is also key, both with your family and your employer. It's also essential to have a strong support system and to delegate tasks when necessary.

4. How do you involve your family in your Pampered Chef business?

I involve my family in various ways, such as hosting parties together, helping me prepare for events, and even participating in product demonstrations. It's a great way for us to spend time together while also growing my business.

5. What inspired you to start a Pampered Chef business while working a full-time job and managing a family?

I have always been passionate about cooking and hosting parties, and Pampered Chef allows me to combine both of those interests. Plus, the flexibility of the business and the opportunity to earn extra income for my family were also motivating factors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • jj16
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Poll
  • milkangel
  • General Chat